Weedys Closet 400w HPS/250w MH

Weedy, U should know that if I knew I woulda spelled out 4 u b4 U could ask. The only thing that I haven't tried is catching it when the symptoms 1st show. First I thought pests, I never saw any. Then I thought rust spot or some other type of fungi so I neemed. Nothing. Then it got worse. By the time I thought lock out, the plant was pretty much fucked. I thought to keep her, and perhaps force flower to squeeze somethin out of her. Then I remember the times past when I did this and the outcome(s). I've noticed that when there are severe syptoms that affect the foliage more and more with time, that these affected areas are vulnerable to pest and fungal attacks. Those attacks are NOT worth the risk of loosing a whole crop. Flushing is always recommended with lockout and/or toxcity issues. For hydro its said to have fast results, in soil result aren't so quick. Another problem with the lockout symptoms is that the foliage is damaged, not discolored. Once its treated u must monitor new growth and see if symptoms are still progressing. These damaged leaves are left vulnerable to attack, and severly damaged leaves should be removed if over half (of a leaf) is damaged. At least thats what I do. Problem also may be over fertilization. What ever the case flushing is recomended.

If u've flushed as 3-4 times I would think that if toxicity or lockout were the issue some improvement would be evident in the new growth. The damage done to the browning/spotted leaves won't change. But the new growth should look healthy. Yes bro, I feel ur frustration. I'm in the same boat. I noticed that u said u flushed once from veg. Personally all mine are in veg. I wanna flower, but I wanna know exactly what the hell is goin on b4 sending them to flower. Sending an unhealthy plant into flower is asking for problems. If ur water had too much of anything in it ALL of ur girls would more than likely be affected. Any of the pros seen this yet? BeIrie? PitViper? McBuds? Racefan? Check with them.

hahaha yea this is true. it was only about last may or june that i started with that tron.. but if it wasnt for people like you and many others i wouldn't be able to have gotten where i am today.

oh and fyi, we have a 600w about to go into the flower room, so well have 1000w of HPS for now. eventually well have 2 600w and veg under the 400w.

You are living up to your namesake Weedy Mc Weed Weed!

That PUR 3 will help out. Great find GMT..

And weedy might I add your doing one hell of a job. You got dedication and that is one hell of a quality. Allowing water to clear out takes time And for you to do that is cool as hell.+rep if i can

Gotta keep in mind, although we sit on one of the largest fresh water reserves in the world, and PH is ~7.0, it is very high in calcium and iron. I use the PUR for two reasons. First of all for the plants, second, to save buying new coffee pots every 6 months...lol. This is starting our 3rd full grow with using the PUR units. They have worked and are a lot cheaper than an RO unit. Even when they get clogged, they still work, just at a reduced flow rate. Walmart has a selection to choose from at a decent enough price. At the very minimum, get a 2 stage, preferably a 3 stage, and extra filters if you can.

so how would you fix it to begin with?

Bro, we have taken plants that were a foot tall, washed all the soil off the roots, then repotted them in new soil mix as quick and careful as possible with no ill effects. Somewhat drastic, but it worked. Just make sure that there is adequate drainage, and give them a good watering to help settle the soil around the roots.

i bought a stage 3 PUR filter. ill have it up & running soon, need to find my pliers.

^5 Bro. That should help some. I let mine sit and adjust to room temp, then PH balance the water, add a few drops of Superthrive and it is ready. We use 8-1 gallon jugs and rotate. Once a week or so we also rinse them out with bleach water just to prevent any algae buildup. Lately I have been misting the leafs twice a day. They seem to like it. Good luck brother.

SUUUUUPPPER frosty. not too strong of a smell, but getting better with cure. almost fruity.. kinda melonish. smokes and tastes great. everyone whos smoked it loved it. i didnt get what i had hoped for in yield. kinda disappointing. but with the problems i had & the quality of bud i got im ok with it. two clones will be in flower on mon, both are topped and 24" tall today. im not gonna be journaling bc my laptop. but give me a month or two and WEEDYS ROOM will be started.

SUUUUUPPPER frosty. not too strong of a smell, but getting better with cure. almost fruity.. kinda melonish. smokes and tastes great. everyone whos smoked it loved it. i didnt get what i had hoped for in yield. kinda disappointing. but with the problems i had & the quality of bud i got im ok with it. two clones will be in flower on mon, both are topped and 24" tall today. im not gonna be journaling bc my laptop. but give me a month or two and WEEDYS ROOM will be started.

Congrats on the great smoke bud, looking forward to seeing the next journal when ya can.

thanks GMT. just wait until i start the new journal.

2 600w HPS (possibly 1 or 2 1000w if we decide to go big) in flower, eventually on movers
1 400w MH veg for now. eventually there will be 2 2x4 tents for veg with T5s
1 250w MH for mothers, eventually probably T5s also.

so w/o movers there will be 8 plants in flower crop every 9 weeks or so. w/ movers 12 to 16, not sure how much more the movers will cover.
2 strains at a time first couple runs will be Great White Shark and Strawberry Blue. after that GWS will phase out into Lemon Skunk. and we will keep phasing 1 strain out for another.

keep your eye out for it to start.

Back
Top Bottom