First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Thanks Y'all. I'm very happy with the yield from Roxy.

You're right BE, she could've matured a little longer but the plant had lost all of it's leaves and it was going downhill pretty fast. She was also starting to form some pods & seeds so I felt like the time was right for cutting. She had 15-20% ambers so I'm sure she will smoke fine.

I'm hoping Miss Burley will mature as well as Roxy. If she does, I'll be a happy camper. :smokin:

Harry

No SG, I wasn't the breeder.

These seeds came from some really good Mexican Sativa buds. I always save seeds from select buds out of the same bag (I usually buy 1/4lb-1/2lb at a time). From the same crop of outdoor Mexican, the buds will vary quite a bit. I'm very particular about the buds I save seeds from. I will only save seeds from buds with the taste and high really I like.

All of the seeds in this grow came from select buds from the same bag so I expected a little more uniformity in the grow. All four of these plants were different though, with Sheena and Roxy being the most similar. Fast betty has more of a fuel flavor, grew faster and matured faster. Miss Burley, on the other hand, has grown very slow and has quadrupled in size since I went 12/12. Perhaps she has more pure Sativa in her and Fast Betty has a little more Indica in her. I am assuming that most of the Mexican grown nowadays is a hybrid of some sort, but tending toward the Sativa side.

I've got lots more Mexican Sativa seeds from some top quality buds. I've read rumors that they hybridized a lot of the Mexican in the late 70s. I don't know is that's true or not. Do you have any insight into that?

Harry

I noticed some of the seed banks selling Mexican Sativa seeds and I wondered about that.

I'm sure the breeders have 'em tweaked in just right.

I have a clone of Miss Burley going in my tron..

mbclonetron.jpg

I also have a clone of Fast Betty and two small flowering clones from Sheena. I was keeping them to use as mothers or possibly for breeding purposes. I think Miss Burley would make a fantastic outdoor plant. Perhaps a little gorilla farming might be in order with some clones from her. ;)

Harry

Updates!!

Sheena Smoke Test

Sheena has had 2 weeks to cure so I thought I'd report back with a smoke test . She has a very sweet piney taste, with a strong high that hits you immediately. it has good lung expansion with a great psychoactive high. You can see in the pic how much of a doob I smoked before I was toasted and let it go out. If I smoke much more than that at one sitting, I'll go off into a flying stiff and just sit there and stare at something shiny for awhile.

Too much of this and it's happy nappy time. :smokin:

sheenasmoketest.jpg

I couldn't be happier with this plant and plan on making it my primary mother for now.

Roxy

Roxy has been dried and placed in jars for curing. My initial impression from the first smoke test is a more peppery and spicy flavor than Sheena, which is sweeter. Good lung expansion and a strong high with this one.

Looks like I'm gonna get almost 3oz from Roxy.

I know it's a little shaggy but I'm not trimming too close. There's too many crystals on there.

Here's a few pix after drying..

roxydry1.jpg

roxydry2.jpg

roxydry3.jpg

roxydry4.jpg

roxydry5.jpg

Had just a few seeds in this one...

roxydry6.jpg

By the way, I've got my PH up on Miss Burley, she's fed and looking healthy again. The PH was low and she was nute starved. Her buds are now getting fatter and tighter but she's still a long was from harvest. She really is gonna be a monster with a massive yield.

:peace:

Harry

Beautiful job there Mr. Harry... Those shots are incredible... Looks like it has all turned out well, and can't wait to see how the burly one treats ya.... Kick ass grow there Harry... :clap::peace:

Thanks alot Be IRIE & charliemopps!!

I would have never expected to have these kinds of results from my 1st real indoor growing attempt. It's really a testament to the information, help and guidance I've gotten from 420mag.

Only one more plant, Miss Burley, to go before I wrap this grow up. I may have given her a little too much nutes on the last feeding but hopefully she'll make it maturity, or close too it. H2O only from here on out..

Harry

Thanks DaMagoMan and charliemopps. I'm using a $89.00 Nikon Coolpix 7MP Camera. It's not bad for that price and it has a macro mode. I wish it had a super macro mode but for $89.00, I ain't complaining.

4twenty4all, here's a few pix with a beer can added for perspective.

mbcan1.jpg

mbcan2.jpg

mbcan3.jpg

mbcan4.jpg

mbcan5.jpg

She's got a nice trunk on her too.
mbcan6.jpg

Yep, she's a big 'un.

I'm hoping the best will come last in this grow :smokin:

Harry

Wow Harry,that is just amazing.Kudos to you man,you have an amazing green thumb indeed.:clap:

Damn Harry that is just amazing! Beautiful man, thanks for the beer can comparison. Any chance I can swing by on Halloween and pick up miss burley so I can wear her as a hat? She'd make a great hat, I'd have to go through the doors horizontally though ;-) :rofl: :adore:

Thanks for the kind words Minus.

I didn't do anything special to her, McBudz. She quadrupled in size when I moved to flowering. Just a freak of nature I guess. I moved her over to a 10 gallon bucket when she hit 8 foot. I'm thinking there's at least a 1/2 lb on there. maybe more. :smokin:

I'd like to see that hat 4twenty4all.
19.gif

I'm still seeing mostly clear trichs with about 40% cloudy so she's still has a ways to go. 78 days of flowering, so far...

Harry

You might be surprised to find that some young plants that get funky curveture of the leaf sometimes will end up having some hybrid traits and the one that did that in my grow once ended up producing the most trichromes than all the others! but this does look like maybe time for some mild nuits.

Back
Top Bottom