Shrike's 1st Journal - Multiple Strains

Re: Shrike's 1st Journal - Using PlatinumLED P900 x 2 - DocBud's "Kit" - Multiple Sta

Hi Shrike! How are you doing?
I want to start congratulating you for the nice work you're doing bro. Very nice and clean setup you got there. I have a question regarding the lights, who recommended to you to get 2 P900's to cover a 5x5? I am about to reduce my grow room and get some LED, but my height is only 5ft tall and usually plants end up about 12"-16" away from the glass, I don't know if with LED's I could get that close as I've seen some growers getting the leaves of their plants bleached.
Is is your first time growing or you grew before? Was it using LED? If so, what was the final weight?
Thank you
Peace

The Little Amazon Welcomes All Visitors!

Re: Shrike's 1st Journal - Using PlatinumLED P900 x 2 - DocBud's "Kit" - Multiple Sta

Hi TH3K...

Thanks for the nice words...very appreciated!

To answer as many of your questions as I can...

I have been growing for a little 'while. Was using a 4 ft tent, Hempy buckets, H & G nutes and 600 watt MH/HPS for close to 4 years. Yields were very substantial, but for me it is no longer about yields...it will be only about quality from now on.

And, after discovering DocBud's threads, I read all of his info voraciously along with his budding acolytes. There are so many good people here with an accumulated knowledge far beyond mine...those are the kind of people I gravitate toward...:thumb:

I chose the (2) P-900's after mainly reading Tav/Pako's thread about his 2 P600's in a 4 ft tent. I figured if he was getting such good results in a 4' tent with the P600"s, then I wanted to push the limit a little more with my 5 ' tent. My tent is a Gorilla tent, and I installed the additional 1 ft extension on top...so my tent ceiling is almost 8 ft tall.

Mark, who represents PlatinumLed let me know that I should keep these two monsters at 24" away through flowering. They are very powerful, bright lights and if your tent is only 5 ft tall you would end up with bleached plants.

However, the smaller PlatinumLed lights should work very well for you. I would query some of the other growers using the smaller Plat lights. I'm sure they could let you know exactly what size ones' you should pick and how many would work best for your set-up. ALL of the Platinum lights seem to get EXCELLENT results!

I talk on my thread mainly about how much I am loving Doc's "kit", but these PlatLed lights are phenomenal also, and I am very pleased I went with this company...and, from what I have heard, there should be new, updated models rolling out over the next week or three.

Do your research...all the info you need is in these threads, lot's of friendly people here that will offer their unvarnished opinions about the lights. You should be able to get the exact lights that would work best for your grows...best of luck! Glad to have you around here...

Update time...with a few pic's, too...

Well, got through the upcanning to the 7 gallon air-pots on Sunday. All went extremely well. I've been transplanting now for over 4 years and I have yet to see any problems afterwards. This transplant was no different. The plants looked better the day after the transplanting than they have during the last week. They definitely needed to more into larger digs! The 9 lb hammers look great again and are reaching up to the lights quite happily.

I plan on giving them a full G.E. drench tomorrow night and will in all likelihood flip them over to Flowering by the weekend. I will probably flip the two bloom switches on my P900's on Thurs or Fri. I must say that these lights are so bright, that just using the Veg setting has given the plants more than enough light. But, it's now going to be fun to watch how they respond to full power. And with the GLR I've been using, I expect blooming to take off immediately as soon as I switch to 12/12.

Any way...here are a few pic's from last night...

The remaining 7...
DSCN06267.jpg

Various looks at them...
DSCN062513.jpg

DSCN06308.jpg

DSCN06317.jpg

DSCN06339.jpg

And these monster P900's...with only the Veg mode on...
DSCN06277.jpg

Nice rig man...and some nice plants too. I had a strong feeling it was the foot-bindings pissing them off.

:cool:

I agree...Gov't...they are all much happier now. My bad for stretching out the time to try and sex them. I only wanted 6-7 of the big pots in there, so I ended up waiting longer than I probably should have. Lesson learned for next time...:thumb:

New update...

Well, flowering has now officially begun as of yesterday. I flipped the switches on both of the P900's a few days ago and the plants are loving the extra light and bandwidth. Not much else to report at this time because DocBud's kit keeps everything as copacetic as can be. I'll post up more pictures after these when I start to see some beginning buddage.

I'm just glad I have so many other friends HB grows on here to watch to help me pass the days until I have more exciting pictures to show you guys (and gals).

Here are a couple of quick pic's...

The (2) PlatinumLed P900's on full power
DSCN06358.jpg

The final 7 getting ready to enjoy all the light and bandwidth. The lights had literally just popped on and the plants are getting ready to lift their leaves up to the light...

Left row are the 3 9lb Hammers, the middle plant and back right are the 2 Petroleum Nightmares and the front and middle right row plants are the 2 Sour Strawberry's.
DSCN06404.jpg

a particularly pretty picture of perfection of purple plants under the Platinums :rofl:

...pleasantries portioned playfully...

Thanks, (P)Shawnee! :high-five:

ahhhh, too cute:high-five:

Time for some good news and some bad news...

The good news is that all the plants are looking fantastic in their 6th day of Flowering.

The bad news is that since starting flowering, I have discovered 3 of them are Males...:rip:

So, they have been culled and I now have my Final Four...two 9 lb Hammers, 1 Sour Strawberry and 1 Petroleum Nightmare.

Should be lot's of fun watching them go through flowering and I will post up more pic's as the days and weeks progress. Nothing more to report for right now as they all look as perfect as they can be.

Here's a pic or two for now...
3-6-2015_9-25-40_PM.jpg

And the Final Four (2 Hammers in the left row, Sour Strawberry is front right and Petroleum Nightmare is back right).
DSCN064210.jpg

Bummer on the dudes. Personally I get kinda stoked about a nice growing dude. But it looks like your tent will be plenty full bro. That sour strawberry is really, really, really nice. We sampled that at the cup too but I smoked that at Joshua tree, fantastic buzz and flavor to boot.

Mornin Shrike.....all is lookin good in your G.R. brotha! Too bad about the males but now the others have lots of room to finish.You prolly could have let them get a little bigger before flip but you didn't know about the males in time. What happened there? Were these from Reg. seeds or Fems? Just wondering eh. Anyhow your right on track for a real nice harvest....have a great day ....cheers.....Duggs.:passitleft:

Bummer on the dudes. Personally I get kinda stoked about a nice growing dude. But it looks like your tent will be plenty full bro. That sour strawberry is really, really, really nice. We sampled that at the cup too but I smoked that at Joshua tree, fantastic buzz and flavor to boot.

Yeah...no time or room for the dudes at this time. Maybe at a future point.

I agree on the S.S. Smoked it with BOG and his wife at the Seattle Cup and found it to have great flavor and a pretty strong high...looking forward to trying it in HB! The other two strains I have not tried, though I have grown a lot of TGA's strains and have liked all of them, so the 9 lb Hammer should be no different.

Yeah...no time or room for the dudes at this time. Maybe at a future point.

I agree on the S.S. Smoked it with BOG and his wife at the Seattle Cup and found it to have great flavor and a pretty strong high...looking forward to trying it in HB! The other two strains I have not tried, though I have grown a lot of TGA's strains and have liked all of them, so the 9 lb Hammer should be no different.

I also got some of BOG's gear at the cup. Sour Strawberry, Sour Grapes and Sour Bubble.

Mornin Shrike.....all is lookin good in your G.R. brotha! Too bad about the males but now the others have lots of room to finish.You prolly could have let them get a little bigger before flip but you didn't know about the males in time. What happened there? Were these from Reg. seeds or Fems? Just wondering eh. Anyhow your right on track for a real nice harvest....have a great day ....cheers.....Duggs.:passitleft:

Thanks, Duggs

They are all Reg. seeds and those 3 that I culled were stubborn as hell about revealing their sex. I rolled the dice thinking they would be female, but you know how the die bounce sometimes...

So, instead of 6 or 7 that I would have had to trim up a bit more to fit them all, I will let the Final Four spread their wings and finish up big. This is just the first of many grows to come in HB, so I'm enjoying the learning process for now and I should have some great flowers for the coming Summer.:thumb:

I also got some of BOG's gear at the cup. Sour Strawberry, Sour Grapes and Sour Bubble.

Cool, Doc! He was generous and gave me samples of about 5 strains including the ones' you picked up. I ended up purchasing the Sour Strawberry and Lifesaver. He has a new one out called Blue Moon Rocks that may be calling to me at a future date.

Cool, Doc! He was generous and gave me samples of about 5 strains including the ones' you picked up. I ended up purchasing the Sour Strawberry and Lifesaver. He has a new one out called Blue Moon Rocks that may be calling to me at a future date.

He's a great grower and breeder. One of my favorites.

Thanks, Duggs

They are all Reg. seeds and those 3 that I culled were stubborn as hell about revealing their sex. I rolled the dice thinking they would be female, but you know how the die bounce sometimes...

So, instead of 6 or 7 that I would have had to trim up a bit more to fit them all, I will let the Final Four spread their wings and finish up big. This is just the first of many grows to come in HB, so I'm enjoying the learning process for now and I should have some great flowers for the coming Summer.:thumb:

Ya Shrike....that learning process,it's alot more fun and almost without any added stress . You know....from stuff going wrong with the soil and not knowing what's really happening down there.With Doc's easy system ,it's a breeze. Lots of time to spend learning thru successfull grows. I think it's so cool ,that all of us who use Doc's gear, use it a little differently but with the same great results.We all like to tweek things a little here and there ,just to try and figure out how it all works and try to get it better each and every grow.:slide:
Have a great day Shrike....:thumb: Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom