Shrike's 1st Journal - Multiple Strains

Re: Shrike's 1st Journal - Using PlatinumLED P900 x 2 - DocBud's "Kit" - Multiple Sta

Hey Guys & Gals...

It's been awhile again since I posted up anything and even these new pics are actually from over a week ago...just can't seem to get anything in gear at the moment. Not just the lung problems, but some other shit going on, also. It'll all work out...it usually does so no worries long term.

Plants are doing well and fast approaching harvest time. I'd say the first ones will be coming down in less than 10 days. I could be wrong, but that's my best guess. Though I've had a few problems (my fault), the bud's look great and a small sample I removed from the bottom about 4 days ago already had some power to it. (9 lb Hammer). I think these are going to knock me on my ass when they are done...definitely a good thing! :thumb:

Anyway...here are a few pic's from over 10 or so days ago...sorry for the pink yet...just not getting my shit together yet for true color shots...

These first two are 9 Lb Hammers...
DSCN067411.jpg

DSCN067511.jpg

A Petroleum Nightmare bud...
DSCN06799.jpg

A shot of one of the entire 9 lb Hammers...
DSCN06818.jpg

And lastly, on the right side, the Sour Strawberry in the foreground, the Petroleum Nightmare behind it and a little of the 9lb to the far left...
DSCN06829.jpg

They've all fattened up a bunch since these shots and looks like I'll have a nice total when all is said and done...

Doc's kit and PlatLed's are keeping me smiling (when I'm not coughing)...:high-five:

Re: Shrike's 1st Journal - Using PlatinumLED P900 x 2 - DocBud's "Kit" - Multiple Sta

Nice! Sorry you're still feeling shitty, but peeking into "the pink/purple" must help a little bit. :thumb:

I'm excited to see some more recent pics now. :cheer:

:cool:

Finally got that bronchitis thing to break...only coughing once or twice a day now...hope that decides not to visit me again in this lifetime. Also had a lot of other shit going on that distracted the hell out of me these past weeks...

Sooooo...it is about harvest time...gave them a final watering and tomorrow is chopping, washing and hanging day. After that I'll do more trimming on each bud, hang again until dry enough and then start jarring and burping them for as long as I need until they get stored long term. I'll probably wait at least 3-4 weeks before any serious sampling, but I know myself well enough to know I will do some "early" sampling.:thumb:

I will be taking a bunch of pictures before the chopping (promise no pink light) tomorrow, so expect a bunch of pic's over the next few days. Of course I'll also put up some pic's of manicured buds once I have them all cleaned up.

It's been a great grow, even with the sickness ruining me for close to two months and I learned a lot. One of my biggest lessons learned was to keep those PLed's FAR away from the plants. My 900's aren't as powerful as Doc's 1200's, but they certainly deserve a lot of respect and I'll know next grow to keep them at 30" above the tops for the whole grow. They saturate my 5x5 tent completely, and I know they are going to work fantastic for many grows to come. Very, very impressed with LED's.

My first run with Doc's kit was great and learned a lot about soil growing, also. I highly recommend using at least 10 gal pots (if you use air-pots). My 7 gal air-pots were definitely not big enough. Bigger is definitely better! Any way...all is good and I can't wait to see how they all vape/smoke in the weeks and months ahead.

More to come over the next few days...

Hey Shrike....glad your feeling a lot better .I totally agree with you on the big pot thing. I preach this all the time that when growing in containers,it's so important to have lots of soil for the plant to draw upon.Always works better and plants go all the way thru harvest with no real issues.Cheers Shrike and happy trimming brotha....have fun tomorrow......Duggs.

Mornin', Duggs...thanks for the well-wish!

Yeah...the bigger the pot...the better the plant likes it...it's only common sense with soil. :thumb:

Got through the two 9lb Hammers yesterday...washing went well, but took forever. I'm going to hit the other two today, but have some chores this morning, so probably won't get to them until the afternoon. Yield looks pretty good for the 9lbs., looking forward to getting them ALL harvested. Have a great day...everyone!

Glad you are finally feeling better and congratulations on the harvest, I can't wait til that day comes for me.
:high-five:

Neiko....hey pal...how long you gotta wait till you harvest? Too bad we all wern't a little closer to each other...you know ...help each other out with produce and stuff. Have a few pops etc. That would be so cool . Cheers eh.:blunt:

Neiko....hey pal...how long you gotta wait till you harvest? Too bad we all wern't a little closer to each other...you know ...help each other out with produce and stuff. Have a few pops etc. That would be so cool . Cheers eh.:blunt:

Just flipping today Duggs. I don't know how long I have, I have only grown one of the strains I have and it wasn't in HB, that one went about 70 days. Canada....Michigan shoot we're neighbors. How far are you from Windsor? Maybe you can sneek across the border for the MI Cannabis cup in August?

Hey Shrike...ya all must be done with the harvest eh? How's the back? That's where i feel it first.
Congrats brotha....gonna be some tasty smokin!:high-five:

Thanks, Duggs...

Yeah...I have them all harvested. Pissed that my camera crapped out on me and I couldn't take any final pic's before harvesting them.

I just finished trimming the last of them (Petroleum Nightmare) and jarred all of them today except for the PN. That has another day or two before the jars. Burping for a number of days and then into my compact fridge with the lot of them.

The washing went great and they really dry better and look better after the wash. Can't wait to see how they taste! Washing will ALWAYS be done in subsequent grows. Thanks, Doc for a fantastic idea that will help us all for years to come.

I should have access to my camera (a friend is fixing it) in a day or two and I will take some pic's of the nugs and also do a weighing to see what the totals are for each of them and all of them together.

Oh yeah...and I agree...the back always feels "wonderful" after harvest and trimming. I also have neck problems that exacerbate the problem...but, it is all worth it for the end product...By Far!!:thumb:

Well...all the plants are harvested. They all were washed, hung, trimmed, hung and now ALL of them have been jarred.
Woo...Hoo:high-five:

To sum up everything to this point. Doc's Kit is fantastic! The Platinum 900 LED's were a fantastic investment and I plan on getting years of use out of them. Any problems that I had during this grow were mainly due to my not being familiar with soil growing, the air-pots, and the LED's and being sick for a lot longer than I thought I would be. My main mistake was not using big enough air-pots for the length of time grown and the size of my plants.

The 7 gal air-pots only hold 5.8 gal of soil, and for me, this was definitely not enough volume. I will go to at least the 10's for future grows. I also severely underestimated the power of the Plat900's and kept them much closer than I should have during the grow. I was okay in Veg mode, but they ended up too close a number of times in Flowering...lesson learned...I will have future respect for distance since I know my 5x5 Gorilla Tent is totally saturated by these 2 P900's.

Not sure what the totals will be for the 4 plants yet as two of them have a bit of moisture to lose, but I estimate at this time to be north of an elbow with ease. Not bad for 4 plants that weren't vegged for months first...only about 50 days in Veg.

I'll post up final totals in about a week or less. Have to still burp the jars on the Sour Strawberry and Petroleum Nightmare for a number of days yet to get the moisture down to the level of the two 9lb Hammers.

Any way...here are some random samples of nugs...

9lb Hammer #1
DSCN07019.jpg

9lb Hammer #2
DSCN070011.jpg

Sour Strawberry
DSCN06999.jpg

Petroleum Nightmare
DSCN06987.jpg

Again...thank you Doc Bud for creating your Kit. Thank you Mark at Platinum LED for coming out with fantastic LED's...

And so far, thank you everyone (Doc most of all) for all the help and camaraderie that this Forum and in particular these threads that all of the "gang" occupy. This place is a fountainhead of great information, great laughs and great people. Honored to be part of it...

:Namaste:

Congrats on your harvest, Shrike....your buds look beautiful....and glad you've turned the corner on your cough.....

Question, what kind of light do you use to veg your plants...I have to transfer my 3rd Platinum over to the flower room and so need to replace the veg light with something....thoughts...?

Congrats on your harvest, Shrike....your buds look beautiful....and glad you've turned the corner on your cough.....

Question, what kind of light do you use to veg your plants...I have to transfer my 3rd Platinum over to the flower room and so need to replace the veg light with something....thoughts...?

Hi Shawnee...thanks for the kind words!:high-five:

I've only done the one grow so far with Doc's kit and the Plat900's. I used a 24" Fluro's to pop the seeds and for 4-5 days afterward. Then, in early VEG, I used only one of the Plat's with just the VEG switch on. There were 10 small plants under it, as they grew in VEG, I fired up the second '900, but still used just the VEG switch. My VEG mode consisted of using the GLR (Gas Light Routine) and the schedule was 12 hours on, 5.25 off, 1.5 on and then 5.25 off again.

Some people use the LED's on with full power from the beginning of Veg, but mine seemed to grow great and were healthy as hell throughout the whole Veg cycle. Not sure yet what I'll do for future grows, have to go over all my notes, but I am leaning toward keeping the same routine that I established in this first grow...hope that helps a little...

edit::As soon as I can add another tent to my room and can Veg separately, I will dedicate either another Plat for the room or one of the "Blue" Advanced LED lights which I consider right on par with the Platinums. Probably the two best companies for what they offer for the money.

thanks for the info, Shrike, I did the same, veg with only the veg portion on, but I'm expanding and my expensive light must now go to the other room....in short, trying not to have to order more Platinums right now and looking to put something less expensive in there....Doc uses T5's, that's probably what I'll end up doing...have 3 more weeks to decide in case any other brixers care to weigh in....

Yeah Shawnee...if you're going for saving money at this time, I would go with the T-5's. That should work great for you.:thumb:

Hey there Shrike....you killed it brotha....way to go eh! Sounds like your very happy with the harvest.Excellent.

Ya ....i know your gonna love using bigger pots next time and hopefully you won't get all sick and stuff this next time eh.Once again ....way to go brotha.....so much fun when we don't have to worry about every little thing growing in this soil.. Cheers and have a great night. Don't forget to let us all know how they smoke eh....:high-five:

Thanks Duggs...I agree with all ya said...bigger pots...no sickness...and apply what I learned this time. The next one should completely knock it out of the park!

I've only tried a bottom nug from each and that was a few weeks ago and they were all already smoking quite smooth and had some power to them. I did vape a small bit of Petroleum Nightmare last night and it already had great flavor with a strong fuel background and knocked me down pretty good. Can't wait to have 3-4 weeks of curing on them!

Absolutely, completely, beautiful work, Shrike! So amazing to watch this having gone from the first stages of planning to the final success. Amazing.

Very interesting results with your conclusion on 30" hanging height, as well. We've worked with so many different customers over the last few years with so many different environments.. and it's amazing how many different ideal hanging heights you'll hear of! We have everything from some commercial clients reporting back that they drop their P1200s down so low the plants are brushing the glass.. and others like you that report they need 30"+ of clearance due to the extreme power of these things.. and then everything in between. The main variable here of course is strain and environment. Even then.. most environments are relatively similar when they're optimized. This leaves primarily the differences in strains.. and this is what we have to logically attribute this to.

One thing is FOR SURE though. These lights are EXTREMELY powerful. It's not a joke or a marketing gimmick when we say that they're "The Most Powerful LED Grow Lights". It's a fact when you look at the PAR per watts consumed plus other factors. As such.. that power does need to be highly respected as it can either be harnessed and used correctly or fry things if you're not careful. In every case of a customer having unsatisfactory results, it has been due to the lights being too low and therefore stressing the plants. Every single time.

The main rule of horticulture in general as we all know is to always watch your plants and tune into them like the vibrant, living creatures that they are. Less is more.. and only lower the lights when they're obviously happy happy happy and reaching towards them to begin with. Any signs of light stress, back them off until you have a better feeling for the situation.

All of our love from us here at PlatinumLED and cheers once again to a job well done..

:thumb:

Thanks, Mark!

Love the PlatLed's a lot! I plan on many grows to come with them. Just a few final pic's to come in the next few days. I'm just about ready to throw all of the jars in my fridge and I'll need to do a final weigh-in for them all, also. I've been fairly good about letting them cure without "sampling" too much, but they should be ready for a real taste and quality test with the next 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom