Shrike's 1st Journal - Multiple Strains

Re: Shrike's 1st Journal - Using PlatinumLED P900 x 2 - DocBud's "Kit" - Multiple Sta

Update time...DOC...I could use your expertise...

Looks like I've developed my first problem with the grow. All of the plants are at the 42 day of Veg. I still have them in the 2 gallon air-pots, but plan on transplanting them all to the 7 gallon air-pots on Sunday. Tonight they will be given a full drench of G.E., 1/4 Transplant and Tea. I probably delayed the transplant a little longer than I wanted to, because I wanted to sex them all ahead of time. Unfortunately, a few of them were stubborn and would not give up their sex until the last few days.

Okay...to the problem. All of the plants still look pretty perfect except for all 3 of the 9 lb. Hammers. Over the last day and a half, a few bottom fan leaves have begun changing colors. Also, all 3 of them are keeping a drooping profile even after being watered. I never over water and use your philosophy of letting them go dry before a full watering. The picture posted below is of the worst one so far. So my questions are:

1.)Is this from the 2 gal. containers running out of energy to continue feeding the plants?
or
2.) Are these plants just heavier feeders and this is what has caused the problem?
or
3.) Is this the famous problem that happens when you have a heavy salt feeder?

I'm guessing mainly (3), since the other plants are not experiencing this problem.

If it is now time for me to start adding some epson salts, and if so, what brand do most of you recommend I pick up?

And if I am to start feeding salts, what would be the recommended dosage for this size container? And should I wait until I up-can them on Sunday or feed it to them tonight when I do the full Drench?

A lot of questions, I know, but I'd like to get it right. Everything has gone so smoothly and perfect so far, that this actually caught me off-guard. I really appreciate any help offered...

Here is the most troubled leaf on one of the 9 lb. Hammers. It looks like it is only beginning on the other 2.
DSCN06227.jpg

Re: Shrike's 1st Journal - Using PlatinumLED P900 x 2 - DocBud's "Kit" - Multiple Sta

Update time...DOC...I could use your expertise...

Looks like I've developed my first problem with the grow. All of the plants are at the 42 day of Veg. I still have them in the 2 gallon air-pots, but plan on transplanting them all to the 7 gallon air-pots on Sunday. Tonight they will be given a full drench of G.E., 1/4 Transplant and Tea. I probably delayed the transplant a little longer than I wanted to, because I wanted to sex them all ahead of time. Unfortunately, a few of them were stubborn and would not give up their sex until the last few days.

Okay...to the problem. All of the plants still look pretty perfect except for all 3 of the 9 lb. Hammers. Over the last day and a half, a few bottom fan leaves have begun changing colors. Also, all 3 of them are keeping a drooping profile even after being watered. I never over water and use your philosophy of letting them go dry before a full watering. The picture posted below is of the worst one so far. So my questions are:

1.)Is this from the 2 gal. containers running out of energy to continue feeding the plants?
or
2.) Are these plants just heavier feeders and this is what has caused the problem?
or
3.) Is this the famous problem that happens when you have a heavy salt feeder?

I'm guessing mainly (3), since the other plants are not experiencing this problem.

If it is now time for me to start adding some epson salts, and if so, what brand do most of you recommend I pick up?

And if I am to start feeding salts, what would be the recommended dosage for this size container? And should I wait until I up-can them on Sunday or feed it to them tonight when I do the full Drench?

A lot of questions, I know, but I'd like to get it right. Everything has gone so smoothly and perfect so far, that this actually caught me off-guard. I really appreciate any help offered...

Here is the most troubled leaf on one of the 9 lb. Hammers. It looks like it is only beginning on the other 2.
DSCN06227.jpg

Don't trip bro, that happens to those lowers fans not exposed to light, as well as hungry plants. I'd give them a deep soak of 50/50 energy transplant. Don't be shy feeding them when the root ball really starts to fill the pot.

They all are getting a good amount of light, Paka...and the problem seems to be creeping up to the next level of leaves which get even more light. Not too noticeable, but I can tell it will continue to progress. I'm thinking maybe they really are heavier feeders and I am going to have to up the amount I give these gals.

Edit:::I'm sure these containers are completely full of roots. Should I also feed them a little "Roots" tonight also, or wait until I up can them on Sunday to add the 'Roots' powder?

I'm not as experienced as most of you but I've always been told yellow bottoms meant to much N and yellow tops meant low N. I'm sure it's not that simple.

Hi ff...My feeling is this is not related to leaf shadow or too much N. It is only affecting the one strain. I'm feeling it is because they are heavier feeders and the steady diet I've given all of them has caught up to these 3 that are probably in need of more food. Plus, the 2 gal air-pots are probably restricting them, also. Not sure if it is a "salt hungry" problem yet and am waiting to hear from more of the experienced Brix growers...especially Doc.

Plus...these 3 are the only ones experiencing a "droop". They are not raising their leaves the last few days like the other strains are...

Unfortunately, the mundane world is intruding on my Forum time and I will be away for a number of hours...be back later this evening...

Sounds like unhappy roots. Most likely from some overcrowding in the basement. If you're going to upcan them Sunday you should be o.k., but that's only a deductive hunch. You'll know when you get a peek.

Shrike, Im thinking overcrowded underground neighborhood, too. :)
As Sir Bob Marley ( you didnt know he was knighted did you? Me either..in my mind he is :)) ..everythings gonna be alright..
Doc and his Fellowship of HB Growers know their stuffola ;)

Thanks for the input my HB friends!:high-five:

Well...I'll be doing the Drench in less than two hours...so, let's see how they look tomorrow. With up canning on Sunday, I figure they should start looking okay again by early next week.

Also, will be hitting the flowering switches on my 2 P900's sometime next week. Should be some fun weeks ahead. Looking forward to it very much...

They'll be getting their Saturday Brix spraying tomorrow...so, if I upcan on Sunday, I'll probably wait until Monday to spray with DeStress...or do you think it will be okay to spray with DeStress the following day after Brix? I've usually just been spraying once a week for each Foliar.

They'll be getting their Saturday Brix spraying tomorrow...so, if I upcan on Sunday, I'll probably wait until Monday to spray with DeStress...or do you think it will be okay to spray with DeStress the following day after Brix? I've usually just been spraying once a week for each Foliar.

I think Doc says not to spray same day, and im thinking next day may be too close together. I have experienced it. :). Kind of confuses the plant, I found... Good question to ask Doc. :)

I'll probably just keep doing what I've been doing...DeStress on Tuesdays and Brix on Saturdays. I had zero stress to the plants the first time I upcanned them, I don't expect this time to be any different.

But...if Doc has other advice, I'm always going to take that to heart first...

I'll probably just keep doing what I've been doing...DeStress on Tuesdays and Brix on Saturdays. I had zero stress to the plants the first time I upcanned them, I don't expect this time to be any different.

But...if Doc has other advice, I'm always going to take that to heart first...

Thats what I would do too ;)

I've run into times when both Brix and DeStress are due and the way I've reasoned it out is, if they look stressed and need DeStress they really shouldn't be getting Brix anyway so, I'll do each on successive days, but only DeStress after Brix, not the other way around. Brix is like an amphetamine boost to photosynthesis, so DeStress would seem helpful the next day. To first spray DeStress and then Brix just seems wrong.

But I don't recall what Doc might have said about it.

:thanks: H1gher3!

Did the deep soak drench last night. The 9 lb.'ers look a little perkier. Will do my Brix spraying tonight and the transplant to the 7 gal pots tomorrow. I'm pretty convinced that the plants definitely need to move up to the larger pots. I'm thinking that all will be back to normal by the middle of next week and I can move on to the real fun side of this...Flowering! Looking forward to watching those cola's grow...:thumb:

Hey Shrike...mornin to ya brother.Just a thought on your sprays. Try to spray Brix only once a week ,as you are ,but lay off the De Stress a little.If the plants are not stressed in any way,don't use it.It's only meant to be used for stressfull situations,like after pruning or any time you think they don't look quite right. Sometimes i go for weeks and weeks without spraying Stress.I still spray with Brix weekly but not with De Stress. I usually go thru two containers of Brix to one of De Stress. Just a thought Shrike....thought i'de share it with you if that's cool! Later eh ....cheers....Duggs.

Hey Duggs...

All thoughts and suggestions are always welcomed here! If there is one thing I am absolutely sure of, it's that I don't know nearly enough about all the subjects that interest me. And growing is at the top of things that interest me.

I'll keep a closer eye on the need for DeStress...:thumb:

Update:::

Today will be upcan day. Going to get all of my 7 gal air-pots ready in the next hour or two and then do the upcanning while the lights are on mid-day as part of my GLR. The plan is to upcan today, giving them Transplant water and of course using Roots powder. Then, later in the week give them their last G.E. Drench during VEG. By the end of the week or beginning of next week, I will flip them and then follow the Flowering feeding schedule, adjusting as needed for each of the 3 strains.

I'll post up some new pic's over the next few days...

This has been a great learning experience so far, and even after this grow is completed, I'm looking forward to better and better grows as my understanding of the HB way of growing increases.

Thanks to all of you that participate in these grows and the valuable information that is freely given to all of us.

Back
Top Bottom