Shrike's 1st Journal - Multiple Strains

Re: Shrike's 1st Journal - Using PlatinumLED P900 x 2 - DocBud's "Kit" - Multiple Sta

Mornin to you, Duggs!

Thanks for stopping in and saying hi...Not much going on with the grow (which is a good thing). Doc's kit and those P900 LED's are giving me the best looking plants that I have grown so far...and I haven't even turned them on to full power yet. I think I'm going to see some great flowers...I know they are getting ready to take off with the GLR I'm using.

I should be able to sex all of them over the next week or less, hopefully. I want to up can them to their final containers as soon as I can. So far of the ten, I know one is female and one is male...both of them are 9 lb Hammers.

Tonight is a full watering with 1/4 Transplant and also time for their Brix spraying. Try as I might, I cannot find one leaf on any of the plants that doesn't look perfect. Guess I should count my blessings and just keep following the instructions for the kit...so far, it seems to be working as good as it possibly could.

I'll try and post up a few pics tonight or tomorrow...

Re: Shrike's 1st Journal - Using PlatinumLED P900 x 2 - DocBud's "Kit" - Multiple Sta

Good day sir.... ya eh....the "kit". Simply can't go wrong with it. It's such a pleasure growing using Doc's methods . I really like the idea of most of us following the "kit" instructions but are able to tweek it ever so slightly to suit our own plants and needs without risking ,messing things up if we forget something or give the wrong drench ,etc. Anyhow Shrike ,your doing really well so far and it's cool to see your having fun with all your strains and such. Have a great day .....Duggs.

I'm looking forward to adding my own "tweaks" as I become more familiar and comfortable with all that the kit does. After growing Hempy style for a number of years, it is great to get back to the "roots" of growing using actual soil. The plants may not take off as quickly as in hydroponics, but things just seem more stable and natural, growing with soil.

I understand why many with large gardens use hydroponics, going more for speed, yield and automation. But, to grow hydroponically for a small garden and having to constantly deal with ph, ppm, temperatures, mold, power losses, the cost of synthetic nutes, etc, etc...

It just doesn't seem like it is worth it to have all those constant headaches for a bit more yield, when you can grow organically in real soil and not worry about ph, ppm and the rest. So...even though I have not tasted the fruit of my first grow yet, I know it will be better than the best I have grown so far hydroponically in the past and for me, it will be all about the quality moving forward. :thumb:

Hi Shrike,

You're not too far behind me; I'm 7 weeks into flower, Platinum LED's and first time Brix grower. I'm following Doc's instructions by the book, no funny stuff this time, but pure as the driven snow to get a baseline reading on my garden. So far my plants are perfect and healthy, it's like watching paint dry, and the ladies even tell me to leave them alone, they'll call me if they need me, it's incredible.

I just took 10 clones from the mothers, so my second grow will be the same strain, to see if I can improve at all from the baseline. I see a lot of growers mixing it up by the seat of their pants, concocting, applying, fretting, seeing a negative result, and the trying to correct it begins the process all over again. Hit and miss growing, I call it, never really knowing how exactly things will turn out. Doc's kit let's us work smart, not hard. It also guarantees consistency and high quality.

I sit and wonder why I'm not busy enough, but have learned that I can be a kick ass grower and still have a life to do other things without stressing about my garden. What's not to love? So I just keep my mouth shut and walk around thankful as hell with a big grin on my face! No wonder Doc is always happy and has loads of time to consult with his army.

Most of the high brix questions I see are about clarifying the instructions, which are well written, but when you first start out it can seem a bit overwhelming. I netted it all out and wrote what I had to do each week on a month-at-a glance calendar, which keeps me on track.

You're going to love it, bro!

Thanks, Shawnee!

I agree that all the instructions you need are there, but for the person first coming in and looking at them, it can feel a bit daunting. For myself, I read through all of Doc's threads and the other great growers that are following his methods and then I copied and pasted all of the best instructions I saw in each thread into 3 separate Word doc's based on 1) Germination through Vegging. 2) Early Flowering through Late Flowering and 3) Harvesting & Curing

Starting like that, I was able to make sense of all of the instructions and advice that everyone was giving about the different phases of growing with Doc's kit. It's not a complete timeline in order from beginning to end, but by reading all of the info a few times over, it helped me keep sight of the overall big picture, while also instructing me on the details of each phase...

The fun for me so far has been in the learning and then applying of all this great info...but you are right...it is like watching paint dry...boring, but in a wonderful way. No anxiety over seeing some deficiency that needs to be countered...every leaf looking perfect...that's boredom I can thoroughly enjoy. Not saying some little problem might crop up, but I have confidence that it will be fixed easily...especially with all the helpful, knowledgeable friends we have in these threads here...

This Forum and these threads are an incredible gift to all of us. :thumb::Namaste:

I'm looking forward to adding my own "tweaks" as I become more familiar and comfortable with all that the kit does. After growing Hempy style for a number of years, it is great to get back to the "roots" of growing using actual soil. The plants may not take off as quickly as in hydroponics, but things just seem more stable and natural, growing with soil.

I understand why many with large gardens use hydroponics, going more for speed, yield and automation. But, to grow hydroponically for a small garden and having to constantly deal with ph, ppm, temperatures, mold, power losses, the cost of synthetic nutes, etc, etc...

It just doesn't seem like it is worth it to have all those constant headaches for a bit more yield, when you can grow organically in real soil and not worry about ph, ppm and the rest. So...even though I have not tasted the fruit of my first grow yet, I know it will be better than the best I have grown so far hydroponically in the past and for me, it will be all about the quality moving forward. :thumb:

Yes , Shrike....you've hit the nail,perfect! I recently convinced a friend to switch from Hydro....to mineralized soil (before trying H.B.) and he agrees 100% with all you said. Hydro doesn't make too much sense ,when you can re-use this soil and get produce that is top shelf in soooo many ways.Shawnee is right on when he mentions "clarifying instructions". That's part of it ,for sure....getting a few grows under your belt ,gaining some more experience using Doc's gear. The instructions are very "tweekable " with little or no risk to health of final product. Shrike ....your gonna love it ! The MK Ultra i'm puffin now , doesn't even make me cough....at all. It's so smooth and clean with no residue and a nice gray ash. The Bubblehash i make from the trim ,is VERY strong stuff "full melt" as they say!.:tokin: Anyhow , have a great day ....cheers....Duggs.

LOL, great minds think alike, Shrike.....I did the exact same thing.....read all the journals, took out the pearls of wisdom in a word doc, and that ended up being 55 pages. I printed that out, tho, and read it 100 times, then laid it out in the calendar. Platinum LED also sealed the deal for me......it all came down to what was available in the market that lent itself to my style and comfort level. This is definitely the perfect combination for me.

...a brief update on the grow...

Vegging continues to go smoothly. All plants look very healthy. I am still waiting patiently to sex them all, but a few are still not telling. They all have the feel of wanting to start blooming, but are being held back by my GLR. I have a feeling that when I finally flip them to Flowering, that they are going to take off like crazy immediately!

I'm hoping that I know what they all are as this week progresses, so that I can finally up can them to the 7 gal. air-pots. (I only have room for 6-7 plants out of the current 9 that are Vegging). After the upcanning, I'll probably Veg them for one more week to get them used to the final containers and give them time to spread their roots out in the new soil. I'm dying to flip the switches on the P900's and flood them with all that extra light. I would have done it already, but with the GLR, I'm not sure that the extra light and wavelengths won't encourage them to flip to Flowering before I am ready...so I'll wait patiently for another week plus.

Any way...here are a few more current pic's from a few nights ago...I'll wait for anymore until after I have my final 6 or 7 in their final containers...

Sour Strawberry
DSCN06215.jpg

Petroleum Nightmare
DSCN06209.jpg

9 lb. Hammer
DSCN06195.jpg

Thanks, DrZ! Pleased as hell so far...:high-five:

Looking tip top, Shrike....the picture of health and beauty.

I appreciate it, Shawnee!

Like you said...it's like watching paint dry. But, it's beautiful paint with a much nicer aroma! Can't wait to breathe in the scents that each of these will give off in Flowering...it should be music to my nose...

Shrike, bored yet? Lol..it gets worse too...epecially when your a week or two away from harvesting..you can do it!!
... I wasnt able to...lol..i sampled the buds for 3 weeks :)
Now I wait...
Patience can be learned..its the waiting that bugs me! :rofl:

Naw...I can make it, Zig's...Lol

After growing for four years, I learned to have patience and wait. I'd always sample a small snipping a week or two before harvest, but once they came down, I would not touch them until after they were dried and had at least 3 weeks of curing...and even then, just for a sample. I like to cure at least 4-6 week before using liberally...

But you're right...Patience is easy...it's waiting that's the bitch...:laughtwo::smokin:

Thanks, Neiko...:welcome:

Got it...we've already conversed...:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom