Nematode's First Journal - LEDs & High Brix

Yup its usually called Kief while its loose like a powder and hash once its pressed into a solid. Like gov said the higher % of trichomes the better the purity and the more melty it will be but the difference between kief and hash has less to do with the quality and more to do with the form of the product. I prefer to keep it in kief form, I think its easer to smoke it without it igniting when its loose but pressed might work better in the vape :passitleft:

Yup its usually called Kief while its loose like a powder and hash once its pressed into a solid. Like gov said the higher % of trichomes the better the purity and the more melty it will be but the difference between kief and hash has less to do with the quality and more to do with the form of the product. I prefer to keep it in kief form, I think its easer to smoke it without it igniting when its loose but pressed might work better in the vape :passitleft:

Ah yes, lets talk of hash , pure medicine...goodness at it's finest! With hash, when it's pressed two things happen , you get one pc....and you break most of the gland heads. When this happens the contents darken in colour (black hash) because it has oxidized.Remember breaking open chunks of black hash , back in the day....wondering why it looked a little green in the middle? It only turns black after it's been pressed and the glands are broken open.
bubblehash_tut_059.jpg
bubblehash_tut_051.jpg
bubblehash_tut_047.jpg
A couple shots of my last bubble session. The gold bag is the 73m...my fav. Always get full melt from this bag! When you look at the hash under a scope, it looks like a bubble bath!
I used to press my bubble , but i like it in lil granules or powdered now. To get a chunk , i just dab up a bunch and roll it around in my hand to make a ball, but not too long cuz it melts into a gooey mess.:love:
Anyhow , better get back to the game....cheers Nate and Gang.

I had the chance to buy a ball almost the size of a baseball about twenty years ago for not much more than an oz cost at the time. I turned it down because I wasn't sure what it really was or how much it should of cost. I still regret that decision to this day :rofl:

Hey guys.......Jeeze leave for an hour and miss all this talk on hash and keif....great info guys......

Ya gov, just got done running some gg#4 through the mighty.....really digging the taste it brings out.....I have noticed the buzz kinda creeps up on me when vaping......where one good bong rip of this gg#4 would set ya down as you were blowing it out......but I don't cough with the mighty .......lmao......

And as far as the lights.....yeah I actually had to wait for them to get them in before shipping so I imagine they are new......I guess I would say that the lens aren't supposed to wiggle......but all three do it, anyway I was gonna hang them tomorrow.....but I'm gonna wait to hear from you guys, thanks again, and I might even call them......

Anyway have a good night guys........:passitleft:

I was in the Himalayas and got some afghani green hash from a guy named Abdul. It was about 3" square and 1/4" thick. Never did finish it! It really was wonderful though, not black tar, it really seemed more like compressed kief. It would break in rough edges that were kind of grainy. The smell was amazing and the high was ridiculous. So much better than the black charas I was finding everywhere else. I had a beautiful clay chillum with a nice hexagonal inner stone. The hes atonal stones allow much more air to flow through the chillum. But it has to be a perfect fit. I sat at the sellers shop for at least an hour testing out all the stones for best fit where I would have a perfect just over 1/2" deep chamber. Had to leave the chillum when I came home. Passed it along to another traveller. Brotherhood of the traveling chillum I guess!

Personally, I'd take off that biggest fan, and possibly even nip the tips on the remaining biggest one. If there is more green, it has more photosynthesis and pushes that energy to the top for new growth. We want to divert that energy to making roots. ;)

Ok guys a little update, missed last week, boring veg pics.......they are starting week 6, I do have a question on topping.....so we wait for the fifth of leaves or fifth set of growth nodes........

here is a pic of the og x nyc desiel.......is she ready?
IMG_20160225_140427278.jpg

Here is a group shot under led the two in the back are clones but about the same age rooted....
IMG_20160225_140225106.jpg
IMG_20160225_140214792.jpg

Here is the zamadelica top I took last Saturday......still going strong, I did take the two big fans off, we will wait and see......
IMG_20160225_140917610.jpg

And last but not least......this one is for ziggs.........an auto jock horror x auto amnesia......just popped two days ago......under 11/13......
IMG_20160225_140544633.jpg

Look close ziggs she is trying to poke through.......:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks again guys, any thoughts on topping would b appreciated......I will say that when I topped the zamadelica clone, she loved it.....exploded with side branching, I love that strain.......:high-five:

I may be off base, but I've started topping at the node above the one with 5-fingered leaves.

hey Gang,...for topping , all that really matters is how many possible side shoots there is below the cut. it's nice to wait untill there are at least four lil branches below, then you'le have a nicer ,fuller bush! Top a couple more times....get a bigger tent!:tokin: Cheers everyone!

So waiting till the fifth set gives me like 10 growths.....I guess my question turns in too.....when is it too early to top? If I only want four mains then I can top after the second or third node? I guess I remember reading somewhere that you can stress a little one out by topping to early........

Thanks for the feedback duggs....:high-five:

Nate, I'd top right about now on your plant. If you want fewer branches, you can always top it now but go lower on the stem. Instead of taking the "tip", take a couple nodes down. Those branches will blow up.

:cool:

p.s. I usually don't do much to my plants though. I top and clean down low. Prune a fan here & there. About it.

So your topping as soon as she has five bladed leaves.....that would have been the second set for these?

I can't tell from the picture. My plans seem to have a node with: 1 blade > 3 blades > 5 blades > I top above here sometimes, or after one more node the rest of the time.

Hey guys........we have roots........9 days from clipping her.......
IMG_20160229_163853539.jpg

Now what.......lol, I see some clip the first few roots......what does this do? And should she be going into a pot soon?

Thanks guys, side note working on a sulfur burner.....this fucking pm, had it for awhile now, just popped up after my second grow......gov remembers.....lmao he found it in a pic months ago, the previous harvest didn't have hardly any but this time it seems to not be going away, another thing I noticed is the zamadelica seems to be armed against it.she has no sings, but the rest all have a little here and there.....maybe I'll just grow her........:passitleft:

Edit: this is why i wash our buds......

Back
Top Bottom