Nematode's First Journal - LEDs & High Brix

I kinda stumbled onto my current method of germinating by being to lazy to plant a seed that I had been soaking one night :rofl:

What I do now is

1 Soak them in water until they sink.

2 Get some paper towels and a ziplock, only wet part of the paper towel where the seed is going not the entire towel I do a few inches on each side of where the seed will go and leave the rest dry so its not too wet in there.

3 Put it in the bag and into the drawer over night. The next day they almost always are cracked / starting to show a tail.

4 Pre moisten the soil, I don't usually mess with roots for the seeds and if I do its a tiny amount sprinkled over the top and then watered in before planting seed.

4 Make a divit and Gently put seed 1/4 - 1/2" down and cover carefully.

Within a couple days they are usually above soil and I have had really good success doing it this way, YMMV :thumb:

Hey guys.....ill throw a small update up tomorrow.....boring seedling......but I had to get on and tell ya got some new gear for the bloom room......a Titian Saturn 5 controller and 3 p450s.......I already got the controller hooked up....bad ass....the lights should b here in the next week, can't wait to get get going perpetually......:passitleft:

Congrat's on the new toys! Sounds like some cool new stuff to play with.

Ok guys....been 14 days since they were stuck in the ground.......if you remember the first pics last week we decided that the LEDs were to far away(36in) and the seedlings were stretching........well take a look now a week later and moved the light down to 24in.......the lights seems to be twisting the leaves up.....I guess I'm not to concerned every plants I have popped under led has twisted first leaves.....they seem to come out of it on the second set...so I will probably just leave the there unless you guys have another thought......

Here they are boring seedling pics.......
IMG_20160203_152019705.jpg

Here is a couple clones.......front one is a zamadelica and the back an acdc x querkle....
IMG_20160203_152041886.jpg

Thanks guys....,,I do have an acdc clone in a three gallon getting ready to go into flower this weekend......have a great rest of the week dudes......:passitleft:

Are they under a marsII? I think 24" is a little close IMO for seedlings if so. I didn't really think they were that stretched in the first place it was only about 3" tall but I like to take it easy and then just burry part of the stem in the up pot if needed :thumb:

Are they under a marsII? I think 24" is a little close IMO for seedlings if so. I didn't really think they were that stretched in the first place it was only about 3" tall but I like to take it easy and then just burry part of the stem in the up pot if needed :thumb:

Hey smokey....nope these r under two p150s, and I did have that thought bout planting deeper in transplant, and I definetly need to bury the seeds deeper as well, all good stuff, I'm glad I got some more going,it I didn't like shutting it down for that week of vacation.....start up seems slower than last time.......:)

Right on, I'm surprised they're twisting hen. Is your soil recycled and on the hot side by chance? Either way like you said nothing to worry about they will straighten out :passitleft:

Right on, I'm surprised they're twisting hen. Is your soil recycled and on the hot side by chance? Either way like you said nothing to worry about they will straighten out :passitleft:

Well now that you say that.....there was about 3-5 gallons of second run I mixed in with a half bale of fresh and amendment??? Oh well really probably should have so many variables starts out.....but hey so far I've had great produce and learning on the fly......:high-five:

They will be fine I use full recycled soil for seedlings when that's all I have available. Never had an issue past what you are currently experiencing. Once the roots get hooked up they will take off like crazy :party:

Hey Nate, I was in the same boat a few weeks ago getting reset and soaking beans. Things had a slow start for me too, but it really wasn't long before they got hooked up. Once they struggled into rooted seedlings and I got them out of those cups, it was a week later and they started dancing. It's bueno now. I bet yours will be too.

:cool:

Hey guys......been another week, exactly 3 weeks in the ground.......

The first four pics in no order are the 3 Jedi kush and the nyc desiel x og kush......bet ya can't even tell the nyc x og........
The more I research gentics.....I found that Jedi is death star crossed with sfv kush, to continue on death star is sour desiel x sense star......

With all that said.....they are pretty close in gentics and I didn't even realize at the time I popped them.....lol, stoner......
IMG_20160210_150753247.jpg
IMG_20160210_150834470.jpg
IMG_20160210_150857832.jpg
IMG_20160210_150924788.jpg

Here is the train wreck.....planted same time.....see how far behind she is.....she is in a soft pot where the rest in plastic one gallons......I did water her today......seemed dry compared to the rest......oh yeah and the first set of well not leaves but the pod that splits open when a seed first cracks....forgive me I don't know the term.....this is yellowing up on the trainwreck only.......I will try and get a natural light pic...
IMG_20160210_151130306.jpg

And here are the clones......zamadelica and acdc.......looking very waxy........
IMG_20160210_151018022.jpg
IMG_20160210_151102637.jpg

Thanks guys have a good one.......:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom