Dutty Panty's Adventures in High Brix Budland

Thanks buds4all, I love tinkering with ideas to try and improve on them........we will figure something out......5Gs seems like a lot of cash for one of these machines.......hey dutty was that the manufacturer trying to sell it to ya or like a dispensary that rents them out?

Hey dutty, about what size nugs do you run through that trimmer? Do you chop up the big colas or are there big discrepancies in the bud size......the reason I ask is it seems like a challenge to find a hole size that would work well for both huge colas and small buds....

One last question......does the trim appear to be trimmed off or more like it's was ripped or pulled off.

Thanks dude im gonna do some more looking on line for some more references.....:thumb:

Edit: if you get a minute check this one out......it's like mechanical scissors......Home - UltraTrimmer World's Best Bud Trimmer

If money was no object this one looks amazing......defiantly more out there than I thought.......

Tried that same or previous model tim pro not a fan at all

I'd say trim appears snapped off.

grow shop is where I rented it from but purchase is available.

I ran all size from red bull cans down, one last video coming for you nate

I'm thinking screw the outside cylinder.....the one that has all the build up. And use like maybe three blade type stainless pieces around the bottom third, cause the top 2/3 doesn't get buds it unless it's standing upright......then you could adjust and clean the blades and even sharpen them.....i believe the most important part will be to keep those blades tight against slotted drum, so your not ripping the leaves off, and trying to keep two cylinders tight together, one being plastic, is really tuff.......

About how long and what diameter was the inner cylinder? And that was suppose to trim bout how much at a time?

What would be cool is something you hold in your hand and it shaves the bud like a norelco face shaver to the shape you want but has the screen to keep from over doing it too. Or maybe its stationary and you work the bud like on a grinder with the safety to keep your knuckles out of it. I mean as long as it is faster than scissors.

Wow great rehearsal I'm exhausted and in the tubby. Up at 4 am gardening at 7 till 430 ish Damn then I play drums urghh. Anyways about to add quite a few of docs kit plants in bloom.

Hey D...In that first one there when you describe that odd self topping....in my thread i describe how one of the Desfran leaves did something really funky....As you look up the stem(big fan) the blades start as normal...but only three,then about a 1/2 " further up it finishes off sending out the other blades...really wierd.... It's like it couldn't wait to start making the blades ,but then corrected itself when it realized it wasn't time yet. SOOOO cool! Cheers eh.

Wow I don't think I could do that to my girls. I've always allowed the plant to do whatever its gonna do. Hmmm maybe I should research this defoliation method...It would give me more leaves for my vegan shakes :)

Yeah thanks for the pruning videos.....that choco I got prolly needs something, but I'm still so new at this I hate cutting up my ladies......lol, really in my situation......only doing it for myself and wife, the popcorn we got off the first autos, still does the trick:cheesygrinsmiley:

I was hesitant to start defoliating my girls as well, didn't seem like it would do anything but damage.. But now I can't stop myself once I start!! I don't think I have ever seen anything but good results from it... I don't mind popcorn buds, but I do mind trimming them... Usually I just throw them in my trim bin.

I say give it a try, if it doesn't sit well with you... You'll know for sure! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Wow I don't think I could do that to my girls. I've always allowed the plant to do whatever its gonna do. Hmmm maybe I should research this defoliation method...It would give me more leaves for my vegan shakes :)

I know Cannabis leaves offer a vast array of medical benefits, do they offer some sort of high? (Not that I am looking to get high off my leaves) just curious what they do to the body :cheesygrinsmiley:

I say give defoliation a try! :cheesygrinsmiley: but don't let me sway you. ;)

let this sway you this is my ed on high brix 2 weeks to go
defoliated like a forest raping.

DSC_4242.JPG

And since Jgutta mentions it. I am interested to see how big of a difference you're going to get on the lower nugs, because if I'm not mistaken, LEDs have far less penetration than HID systems. I notice this on all of the plants I have grown, the lower nugs are much airier than the nugs above.

I am going to have adjust my training to get a far more even canopy. And hopefully larger yields :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom