Dopy’s High Brix Cannabis 2019

:dude-knocking:

Hope all is well DLT. Curious if you got any girls from those Tangerines.

My gorillas by Elev8 are doing well. Stop by if u wanna see them flower out :cool::ganjamon:

Hey folks! I’ve got a quick update. I’ve been offline for a while, and cutting back on social media, working on my projects.

The room has got 5 females all at 47 days post flip. I had a few males and one BB that threw nanners at 30 days, so I pulled her. So what’s left is 2 BB’s from Dutch passion, 1 BB clone from a friend, and 2 Tangie cookies from Elev8.

I flowered the plants smaller than I usually do to keep them under one Mega Next light, as I originally had 8 plants, but now have 5. In the summer I like to keep just the Mega on, that way I don’t need AC.

The Tangie cookies are nice compact plants, and both are similar size and shape , but the bud structure is different. TC2 has a tighter looking bud. Both do not have much scent to speak of yet. Just a very faint tangy scent on #2. #1 has a bit of fade on the top.

The blueberries are all very different. The two from Dutch passion # 2 & 3 both have a similar scent, a slow developing unsweetened blueberry smell. # 2 is more compact and #3 has a sativa growth structure, and appears it will be a breeze to trim.

The Blueberry #1 clone my buddy from Vermont gave me has my attention. A week into flower I could smell a strong sweetness, and a week after it was a unmistakable sweet blueberry muffin fresh out of the oven smell, that’s only gotten more profuse. It has heavy trichrome production, and stays very compact. Next run I will veg her much longer. The sweetness almost has a grape quality to it, I need to see what she continues to develop into, but I’ve smoked my friends bud of her from last year outdoor, which she did surprisingly well considering the wet, damp ending. She was a relaxing cool down smoke, but most outdoor around here in the north east lacks the potential and potency that Docs system can bring out indoors, IMO, so I’ll know more in a month or so. Of course, I never like to grade a strain on smell alone, so I’ll have more in a future post.

I’m still here, just taking a much needed break to get some balance in my life.

Peace
DL

Beautiful plants Dopy. Looks like your buddy's plant might be the winner. Make sure to grab an extra clone if she's "the one". I was going to drop another blueberry next cycle but maybe I'll wait...:Rasta:

I just harvested all 3 blueberries today at 56 days, and asked to wife to pick her fav amongst the three. She picked the BB clone that my bud gave me hands down, in a blind sniff test. We call that one BB25, that what my bud paid ($25)for the clone from a guy who works at a hydro shop in Vermont. I’ll be taking clones next week from the one in veg right now.
Looking good DL, hopefully the TC’s ramp
Up for ya.
That BB1 looks tasty. Thanks for sharing :ganjamon:
Hey bud, thanks for the kind words. The 2 are still in the flower room at 56 days, but still no smell to speak of. I clipped off a lower bud to cut up with some clippers to smell, but just a fresh green veg smell? I’m gonna let them run another 2 weeks to fully ripen, but so far I’m not impressed. How about yours?

The BB1 is in 2nd place so far, nice BB smell, but no sweetness like the clone BB.

Very nice looking plants bud!

Thanks Yeti! It’s been a busy day. Harvest, wash, upcan veggers, cull non-keepers, mix up a batch of 2nd run soil. My back says enough! Ha ha.

Take care

Good news on the clones. Sounds like you had a busy day. I've had those days as well. I put things off until I can't anymore and it all has to be done at once or I screw myself. It is a good feeling when it's done though.
For sure! I’m feeling pretty good, won’t have to water much but the seedlings for a couple of weeks.

Ok little update with some pics.

Harvest all three blueberries and the one from my bud, we call blueberry 25, is the keeper. BB1 is nice too but not as sweet smelling, however I’m not gonna cull her yet, I want to see how she smokes, so I’ll keep her in a 1g pot till then. BB1 smells skunky fuelie, but not strong, buds look nice but just don’t have that wow factor.

BB1

BB3

BB25

I upcanned 4 of my keepers into 15 gal pots this next run in 3rd run soil.

Headband OG, Genius, Golden Pineapple, and Blueberry 25. The BB1 is still in a 1gal pot. I’m not ready to cull her yet till I smoke test her. All under two 525 Next Lights.

I been going through a bunch of my old seeds to see what would sprout and I finally got six that are above soil. My last headband og seed, New York diesel, east coast cookies, Bubba Hash, and 2 big blue cheese. I got everything but the ECC, and BH while in Amsterdam years ago.

Well got to run, dinner is on the table!

Take care
DL

I did not test it but pressing it we were getting 25% yield so it's close to that.
Very respectable. My best strain to press, Show and Tell, came in with 25% yields.
This is very interesting never though about how rosin yields could help calculate THC and other cannabinoid percentages. My highest yield on pressing flower rosin was 31% but sadly I lost that strain....

This is very interesting never though about how rosin yields could help calculate THC and other cannabinoid percentages. My highest yield on pressing flower rosin was 31% but sadly I lost that strain....
Yep you can definitely use yields as an indicator of cannabinoid %. I've made oil and squished tested strains and the yield is very close to tested cannabinoid %.

Thanks Yeti! It’s been a busy day. Harvest, wash, upcan veggers, cull non-keepers, mix up a batch of 2nd run soil. My back says enough! Ha ha.

Take care

Got to love days like that! As Neiko said though, it always feels great when it is done. I am glad you found a winning Blueberry! I hope the BB1 turns out to be something you want to have stick around as well! You take care as well, your next round looks killer already!

Sweet baby Jesus those are some mouth watering shots if the BB’s Dopy.

Nice job :high-five:!

I haven’t ran the Tangerine Cookies yet myself so will have to wait for that. I wasn’t super impressed with Gorilla Glue by Elev8 either during the first part of flower before Cat drenches.

They have been coming along since then tho so I’ll hold off and see how they turn out in a few weeks.

Hope your TC’s turn out though. I haven’t tried to pop mine yet because they are reg seeds. I’ve only grown feminized so far and with only enough room to flower 4 girls at a time I don’t want to get males and have to sit on plants etc. Soon I’ll expand my home grow to accommodate more. If my wife doesn’t find out first.

Gears on the BB25 keeper and BB1 prospect. Can’t wait too see your keeper run. That line up is stacked!

All the best DLT have a great day bud:ganjamon:

Oh wow how time flies! It’s been just over a month since I’ve been here and I’ve got some updates.

First, I’ve had some time to really evaluate the three Blueberry’s, two from Dutch Pas. and 1 clone from my bud in Vermont. The curing is done, and hands down the BB25 (clone from Vermont) is the one. Such a great sweet blueberry pie/ muffin aroma and flavor. Has a hint of grape too that I seem to detect. The high is a nice indica dom, pain killer, stress reliever. I love it a couple of hours before bed. If I toke right at bed time it will keep me up for an hour, just thinking of stuff, actually kind of productive. I will achieve a deep restful sleep. The other thing is everyone wants some, unfortunately the plant was small and only yielded 4oz. When I am pheno hunting I keep the plants small to have more room.

Here are the dried buds, not much left..

The BB3 I did not keep that plant, weak aroma, but nice high...just no wow factor

The BB1 is better, definitely blueberry, but more spicy and not sweet. Nice high, but again just doesn’t compare to BB25. I do have another one of BB1 in the flower room, but she has genetic issues. Weak vigor, three leaf blades. I saw this the first round, as she was weak even as a seedling, but she just won’t shake it. I’ll finish her and have decide not to clone her again.

The two Tangie cookies I grew out from Elev8 seeds have great bag appeal, nice dense buds covered with trichromes, but almost lack any taste or aroma. It’s really strange, the smoke is very smooth, but no flavor. I guess that would be good if you like that sort of smoke. The high is mild and gentle, and would be great for someone who doesn’t want an overpowering effect. The trichs are similar to the Cinderella 99 I grew a while ago, where instead of being gooey are dry and powdery. When I grind some bud and dump it out, I can see all the trichs in a pile of dust, as they easily separate from the bud. I’ve read that this is due to a thicker wax head that contains the contents inside.

On to the flower room:

I have a Golden Pineapple, Headband og, Genius, and Blueberry 25 in the big 15gal pots, and the last Blueberry1 in a 7 gal pot.
They are at 20 days PF, and man what a difference these bigger pots make, less watering, bigger & happier plants. Headband and Blueberry 25 are already sugaring up, and turning on the terps. They love the Nextlight Mega.

BB25

BB1

GP

Headband og
(She is a mg hog, I hit her with snake oil every other brix, mix her drenches almost twice the rest, and even add small amounts of ES, which I hate to do, but it works, and you can even still see some slight def in the new growth. She’s a leafy bud but the intense high and flavor is worth it to me.). This is third run soil too!

And old Genius, she grabs a lot of attention everywhere I bring her

Typically I’ll pull 10-12 oz per plant when they are in the 15s. Last time I pulled 1lb from the GP in the 15g pot.

Little overview of the flower room and everyone parked in place under the Mega

Take care!
DL

Excellent update.

That golden pineapple is huge! You've got some seriously healthy plants going on there Dopy.
:Namaste:

Hi Morglie! Yeah this is 2nd run soil, except for the headband og which is in 3rd run. Fall is a great time indoors, no heat/ cooling problems, I can run more lights.
I think the GP will be a monster when she is done.
Congrats on the winner Blueberry! I'm about to try again. Even though my last one wasn't blueberry it was very fruity, potent and a winning high. It's almost gone and the wife is getting nervous.
All your plants are looking really good. The Mega is a bad ass light for sure, I love mine.

Hi Neiko, are you running the Dutch passion? I got no keepers from 3 seeds of theirs, and have a couple more. They are regulars so I had some males last time that I culled.

I love the Mega, and am getting ready to turn on another 525 nextlight in the flower room. I have 6 small new seedlings to flower and test. 2 Big Blue Cheese, East Coast Cookies, Bubba Hash, last Headband og seed, and a New York Diesel. Going thru my 100’s of seeds that I have archived. Time to hunt.

Take care

Blueberry 25 is really starting to frost up. The terps are turned on!

Back
Top Bottom