Interesting...Do you do this because that’s what the strain needs, or is it simply more convenient timing to harvest at 10 weeks? I ask, as I have some strains that are done at 52-56 days...lots of Amber trichromes if I go beyond that and a more narcotic high.

Thanks for stopping by Dutchman, and the kind words!
I do not ever check trichs. I follow the Doc method and try to let them go until they stop spitting out white hairs and slow down on drinking. I have found a lot of weight is gained in those last few weeks as well. I probably should check trichs but I have a hard time focusing with a hand loupe and do not have a way to get a digital one to my plants. I suppose I could cut buds and bring them to my computer though.

I do not ever check trichs. I follow the Doc method and try to let them go until they stop spitting out white hairs and slow down on drinking. I have found a lot of weight is gained in those last few weeks as well. I probably should check trichs but I have a hard time focusing with a hand loupe and do not have a way to get a digital one to my plants. I suppose I could cut buds and bring them to my computer though.

I found out about bulking up with the GP last run. They went over 70 days, and did put on a lot of weight in those last two weeks.

A couple of nights ago I harvested the Schrom. What a great yielder!

It was at 58 days, and definitely in the early window. I did 69 days last run, and was not totally satisfied with the high. It was 60% amber trichs last time. This time she was at 20% amber. I’ll see how this compares.

She was a heavy drinker, almost every day in the 7’s, I went heavy on the TP and lighter on the Cats and GE, brix every 10-14 days. No snake oil, just a little destress at transplant, and leaf wash in veg and flip.

If you can imagine lemon scented aerosol paint sprayed in a rich pine forest, that’s what she smells like at the cut.

:Namaste:

A couple of nights ago I harvested the Schrom. What a great yielder!

It was at 58 days, and definitely in the early window. I did 69 days last run, and was not totally satisfied with the high. It was 60% amber trichs last time. This time she was at 20% amber. I’ll see how this compares.

She was a heavy drinker, almost every day in the 7’s, I went heavy on the TP and lighter on the Cats and GE, brix every 10-14 days. No snake oil, just a little destress at transplant, and leaf wash in veg and flip.

If you can imagine lemon scented aerosol paint sprayed in a rich pine forest, that’s what she smells like at the cut.

:Namaste:

She looks wonderful Dopy! :high-five: Congrats on the mighty fine harvest!

She is a gorgeous girl. I saw someone on IG drop her from rotation because she wouldnt put out the way she wanted to and she was viny for her. I think you have her down bud! :thumb:
Thanks Yeti! She sure does stretch, but the cages held her nice, and much more frost this time.

She looks wonderful Dopy! :high-five: Congrats on the mighty fine harvest!

Thanks Ween! I still can’t get over the frost on your crinkle pus I saw in your journal. She came a long way since that crinkled wrinkled seedling.:p

Harvested the C99 12 days ago, and into the cure vault she goes. What a difference in increased trichrome production this run. I believe strong TP drenches preceding the heavier than normal Cats is responsible for this. Such a delight!

:passitleft:

Hey Dopy! Looks amazing! I know it's strain specific but if I have a heavy feeder, what do you consider strong TP and heavier than normal cat?

Hey Dopy! Looks amazing! I know it's strain specific but if I have a heavy feeder, what do you consider strong TP and heavier than normal cat?

Thanks Ween! I’ve been through old posts and more than a few times I found where Doc stayed that it’s better to err on the high side of the drenches than the low side.

Also, Doc does not measure accurately either, he has developed a sense of what a 1oz “plop” of TP or GE sounds like. I pondered the possibility that at times he may be “plopping” more than 1oz, and it is not really a big deal, TP is very forgiving.

All this got me exploring the high side of the drenches and beyond.

On the C99 (7 gal pot) during veg I alternated TP/H2O/GE at 2ml per gal of soil. At flip I used 2-3ml of TP per gal of soil, alternating with H2O (with 25% TP) right up to the Cats. Cats were at 1.5ml per gal of soil. This produced slight tip burn. I read somewhere about the importance of giving Tp to plants before the Cats, and now I see. After the Cats was, H2o(25%Tp), strong TP to help with midbloom fade, then started alternating GE in till the end. Tea was served at .1ml per gal of soil on all drenches.

Note that I tried this on my current GP (7 gal pot), but gave 2.5ml per gal of soil on both cats. This burned some of the new growth leaves I posted in Docs q&a journal, but I seemed to have controlled it with destress every two days three times in a row. After the Cats they got a straight water, strong Tp, strong GE, and last night another strong TP, and they are still showing mid bloom fade. No waters inbetween! I observe when you get behind like this it is hard to rebound, but I don’t give up. The bud growth however is cranking. Next round I’m gonna do the same but back off on the Cats a little and compare. The beauty of running the same cut over and over. Pics next post.

the want for smell-o-vision is strong!!!! buds look amazing
:drool:wowzer. Very nice. :drool:
Perfection......:goodjob:

Thanks guys!!

My new girls are all up! 2 Panama’s and 1 Malawi bred by Ace seeds. Excited to run Ace gear.

Some pics of the 1 Genius plant, and 3 Golden Pineapple.

I think we are at 45 days since flip

The Genius will be ready in another week or so. The golden Pineapple will need to go past 70 days, and it really bulked up last run in the last couple of weeks. The terps are very strong and hard to control. Genius did not like the heavy cats, the GP faired better, but still burned some tips. The real gage will be in the smoke report. We will see!

DL

Little update

My 2 panama’s And 1 Malawi fem plants are doing well. They are at 2.5 weeks. Pots were soaked completely at seed planting, and now I’m starting to trickle about a 1-2 Tbsp of water down each side of each pot, when they are light, like every 4 days or so. So the pots have 4 sides, so about 4-8 Tbsp per pot. I keep the centers dry, and am really trying to encourage the roots to grow out to the sides. I’m not worried about lush growth yet, just want lush roots. Soon I will give some light TP to the mix.

4 plants ready to go into bloom soon
Headband og, bubba Kush, Genius, and Golden Pineapple.

Bud shot from Genius at 52 days

Over view of the flower room
1 Genius and 3 Golden Pineapple

Take care!
DL

The GP’s are really terping out! Like overripe pineapples. Last week the buds started their next stage, the calyx’s starts to grow out in all directions, forming little “spikes” on the buds, like a spiked mace. In a couple of weeks, they will then bulk up and fill in between the spikes, as they mature. Hopefully ready for New Years Eve!

Back
Top Bottom