Dutty Panty's Adventures in High Brix Budland

Agree on the even canopy with LED.

I think it is the best for yield and quality with LED.
I train for just even colas and remove anything under 2-3 node.

Do you super crop? I have a Afghani x Skunk 1 I am training out under my Mars II 700w currently and I have done a lot of super cropping with her. I figure removing anything under the third mode would be good to do before I flip her.

And since Jgutta mentions it. I am interested to see how big of a difference you're going to get on the lower nugs, because if I'm not mistaken, LEDs have far less penetration than HID systems. I notice this on all of the plants I have grown, the lower nugs are much airier than the nugs above.

I am going to have adjust my training to get a far more even canopy. And hopefully larger yields :cheesygrinsmiley:

This is where a net comes in handy.

And since Jgutta mentions it. I am interested to see how big of a difference you're going to get on the lower nugs, because if I'm not mistaken, LEDs have far less penetration than HID systems. I notice this on all of the plants I have grown, the lower nugs are much airier than the nugs above.

I am going to have adjust my training to get a far more even canopy. And hopefully larger yields :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yes Max...exactly brotha...that's right. I have bin doin it that way for a long time and trust me...if your only growing a few plants and you want a great yield...then SC and LST the canopy(cultivate) so all the leaders share the GH's. and wind up being pretty equal height at the end. A perfect example of this would be Gray's latest picks ...and how he trains them .The canopy is very equal sharing the best light. A good goal to have when starting a crop is to want to completely fill the space with tops budding. There's no better site to see at chop time.Have a great day Max and Gang.:high-five:

it also depends on the quality of LED light, too. some models definitely have less penetration than others.

I can see the difference between my mars lights and my platinum light.

it also depends on the quality of LED light, too. some models definitely have less penetration than others.

I can see the difference between my mars lights and my platinum light.

I agree....the mars 900s 15inches from the tops of my JH and I am very happy with popcorn on the bottom......lol that doesn't sound very good....I guess I'm saying its not airy I'll try and get some pics up tomm. on my journal.....

I realize you guys are talking about LEDs...dont mind me...

fwiw: I like to throw a net on right before flip, and run them flat/spread/whatev under it with just tops pokin thru, then as they stretch, keep pushing the stretch under the net. At the end you have sea of cola.

You gotta have room for the stretch horizontally at this point, which is a different challenge....

The shakes I make do not get me high, I eat them for the natural health benefits, antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, its a long list. Not to mention the nutritional value. I figure eat them to keep bugs and illness away rather than wait to be stricken with something first :)
nutritionofcannabis.png

So I've been Defoiliating like this for roughly four years. I used to super crop like crazy. Thinning it out makes my HIDs build colas even on lower canopy sites. I'm hoping that the Leds will be able to penetrate as well otherwise I may need to try a new technique

I've seen people keep saying with led I'll have to add Cal mag is this correct? Even on docs kit?

Hey Dutty, what if any defoil do you do in mid bloom? If so when, and do you remove 30% again?

Week five. At that point. I'll clean it up again if there's suckers or weak growth it's gone.

Not quite to the extent of the Defoiliation I do last week of veg. I pretty much remove all larger fan leaves if it has a site(branch) that's longer than 2" coming from that leaf.

Removing all that under growth not only helps prevent pests, let's the plant breathe better, and yield more it focuses all its energy on the remaining bud sites.

Week five. At that point. I'll clean it up again if there's suckers or weak growth it's gone.

Not quite to the extent of the Defoiliation I do last week of veg. I pretty much remove all larger fan leaves if it has a site(branch) that's longer than 2" coming from that leaf.

Removing all that under growth not only helps prevent pests, let's the plant breathe better, and yield more it focuses all its energy on the remaining bud sites.

Great thanks. I removed everything below the 5th node on all branches right before I flowered them. Monday is the start of week 5. Most of the heavy vegatation is where I defoiliated. I don't really have a lot of suckered but I do have a fair amount of leaves lower on the plants.

So I've been Defoiliating like this for roughly four years. I used to super crop like crazy. Thinning it out makes my HIDs build colas even on lower canopy sites. I'm hoping that the Leds will be able to penetrate as well otherwise I may need to try a new technique

I've seen people keep saying with led I'll have to add Cal mag is this correct? Even on docs kit?

I don't think so, Dutty. My LED plants are healthier than the HID versions. I'm not doing anything different on the feeding.

Hey Dutty...mornin Brotha...good night? Ya with the Cal Mag. Q. Like Doc said ...i don't add anything to kit soil while growing other than maybe a bit of Epsoms and that is strain dependant. G.E. ,Transplant,Tea,and Cat. D. has EVERTHING they need. If they need something else....something not in the Kit. then a mistake was made or it's a heavily dependant "Hydro Strain" that could benefit from some additional Mg. via Epsoms.
With my Desfrans....being such a lite feeder they are a real challenge cuz , a person (me) wants to give them something more cuz they're growing so fast...bad idea....i found out that this strain has a tendancy to curl the tips down ever so slightly.Everyone who's grown this strain says this. OK then thankyou all previous growers for that very valuable info. It's bin my secret challenge with them....to straighten out the tips . it's working ....the trick is to feed (all doc's gear) very lightly with all drenches.
Have a great day D. Cheers....where's my java....:high-five:

Yes...Budmaster also uses the Osram's. They have a fairly new line out ,have you guys checked them out. I'm using a Budmaster 2 675xg,(B.I.D's test light , R.I.P. doodle) for a bunch of grows now and it's the shit. It's their entry level product now. They have three specific lines to offer. One of the best features they have are individual driver modules for the clusters of leds. being a "sparky" i can really appreciate that very cool design feature. You can litterally build your own fixture with a bunch of driver sets and led cluster modules. At the top of them you can see how the different drivers are accessable by taking out a couple screws. I havn't had to touch it so far....almost two full yrs and a bunch of crops.
For those who value the "numbers" and really want to know the pars ,u-moles etc. check out Budmaster's latest models....now i just need to win the fu..in lotto to upgrade to those new babies.:surf:

Dutty go and look at their biggest and best fixture and tell me you wouldn't love to try it. If you could ...you could put it up really hi ,say at 9ft. or so...it would cover a very large area most effectively...that's perfect dude....just put it right at the top and don't worry about it , period.The numbers on it are pure stupid. Cheers guys. Time for a Stella....:love:

Dutty go and look at their biggest and best fixture and tell me you wouldn't love to try it. If you could ...you could put it up really hi ,say at 9ft. or so...it would cover a very large area most effectively...that's perfect dude....just put it right at the top and don't worry about it , period.The numbers on it are pure stupid. Cheers guys. Time for a Stella....:love:

I'd love to try it. That thing is massive!!! Cheers my friend *raises shocktop*

Back
Top Bottom