Another Brix In The Wall: Sweet Pink Stink & Coked Out Girl Scout

I've been convinced to chop my big wonky SPS but now I am wondering if I should flower it for 3-4 weeks and make oil out of it? Please don't hesitate to tell me if I am being stupid. It's just that the boss makes a LOT of oil, for herself and for some friends which I am very happy to hear are getting some relief from it, pay it forward! I've made some very good oil from the lower stuff I chop off early in bloom and this is a significant plant. What do you guys think? I do have a considerable amount of dried flower and about 12-16 zips on the way so I don't need it, just feeling a little wasteful about chopping her.

If you want to run that plant out and not cull it 24/0 for a bit may be the best way to go. I would also clean up that growth down low that is super congested. It looks to me like it wanted to flower and then revegged. You can get some monstrous plants that way, but they can sometimes take forever to get as big as you want. I ran a Mendo Purple Urkle that revgged and it took months longer to get to the size I needed than the others. I also had to clean up the bottom of it multiple times to get rid of all that under growth that was jus sucking energy.

SPS is chopped. More room for the others. Lady parts on BCP and Crinkle Puss (hers are brown, is that a bad sign?) Star Pupil has a pretty good split but it must have been there for,a while since I haven't adjusted her arms in a while. She is solid! I tucked each lower to the other side of the main branch giving her a little twisty form.

All looks proper Ween...except for that 'split'! WTF .....grrr! Be careful with her now...she could still break apart bud...especially when that branch gets some weight to her OK. Those brown 'pre flowers' are fine...no worries OK. Enjoy the day bud!

Thanks Duggan! I didn't even know there was a split until I moved that center growth, I'll be more careful with her but despite her looks, she is solid, strong like bull!

I chopped, washed, trimmed fans and other leaves with no resin and hung to dry all in 3.5 hours! Last time it took me like 11 hours with help for 2-3 hours. Now, I do need to chop it into pieces that will fit in the paper bags for low and slow but that shouldn't take more than an hour or so AND I get a 4 hour break! If this works out, dry, cure, flavor, etc...ive got a new method! Thanks @neikodog oh and thanks @SweetSue for the quick tutorial on low and slow in paper bags and @DrZiggy for the low and slow method!

Mrs. Magoo took her sweet time, isn't that just like a lady, and poked her head above ground this morning, 2 days after Slur who is lookin good good!

Slur.

Thanks Duggan! I didn't even know there was a split until I moved that center growth, I'll be more careful with her but despite her looks, she is solid, strong like bull!

I chopped, washed, trimmed fans and other leaves with no resin and hung to dry all in 3.5 hours! Last time it took me like 11 hours with help for 2-3 hours. Now, I do need to chop it into pieces that will fit in the paper bags for low and slow but that shouldn't take more than an hour or so AND I get a 4 hour break! If this works out, dry, cure, flavor, etc...ive got a new method! Thanks @neikodog

Mrs. Magoo took her sweet time, isn't that just like a lady, and poked her head above ground this morning, 2 days after Slur who is lookin good good!

Slur.

Looking GREEEEET BTW I had a mysterious split like that once, used electrical tape to make sure she
did not split ANY MORE as she grew ? I'm not sure how it happened either but suspect I simply put
to much strain at the NODE while pulling under my Nets and as she grew the pressure increased until .....

Everything was good and she never missed a beat, I am sure she will be fine :)

Looking GREEEEET BTW I had a mysterious split like that once, used electrical tape to make sure she
did not split ANY MORE as she grew ? I'm not sure how it happened either but suspect I simply put
to much strain at the NODE while pulling under my Nets and as she grew the pressure increased until .....

Everything was good and she never missed a beat, I am sure she will be fine :)

Thanks Gazoo! I may throw some tape on her just in case but as I mentioned she is a tough chick!

...especially when that branch gets some weight to her OK.

Ditto. It's so tragic to see it happen again, a few weeks before harvest. Get that joint stabilized.

:thumb:

I've seen some people use clonex gel to mend splits. They grew back with vigor and turned into a big knot.

Looks like NATURAL RAW HONEY can be used to help protect against infection ?
After reading a little seems the best approach is to pull the slit together as best you can
This helps keep as little area exposed to air as possible to protect against Infection/Rot.
Apparently Honey can be used if this is a concern ?

Everything I just read (only 2 ;)) about Using CLonex Says Don't ? but this is the internet
and if I look longer I may find a different response ;)

Honestly, I don't see why it would not work ;) Right :hmmmm:

I've seen some people use clonex gel to mend splits. They grew back with vigor and turned into a big knot.

Thanks KB! Our grad splits before and they recover fine on their own. Such as amazing plant!

:passitleft:

Looks like NATURAL RAW HONEY can be used to help protect against infection ?
After reading a little seems the best approach is to pull the slit together as best you can
This helps keep as little area exposed to air as possible to protect against Infection/Rot.
Apparently Honey can be used if this is a concern ?

Everything I just read (only 2 ;)) about Using CLonex Says Don't ? but this is the internet
and if I look longer I may find a different response ;)

Honestly, I don't see why it would not work ;) Right :hmmmm:

I'll pass pin the clonex, I'm weary about using it on my clones. Honey is an interesting option.

:ganjamon:

untruths on the internet!?...never happen...:rofl:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:

Say it ain't so. Oh Infernet! :hmmmm:

Man I feel like a dick but lights in my veg tent were off at about 11am but I can't remember if I checked on them yesterday after lights on so they could have missed an entire day of light and I didn't go check on them until 8 tonight, grrrr! It was the power strip, I suspect I turned it off by accident, when I was working in there on Sunday, I had the overhead light plugged into the power strip, damn I'm a knucklehead! So I set the timer to tHe current time, all I can do. Hoping they'll be ok! They sure do look happy!

Edit to,add, as I'm reading this, I realize I had the overhead light on until at least 4 and even later because that is when I cut and bagged them (see pic of my fridge below.) I'm not sure how it would have got turned off this morning but am thinking it was just late lights on bu about 1.5 hours today only. Either way, still feel like a bonehead.

Back
Top Bottom