High Brix

Looking good Doc.. I can't wait till the day I finally get to grow.. When the time comes if it is alright with you I would like your advice on the products for my environment. The end of the year cant come fast enough.. I too want to grow a TGA Strain in High Brix... Honestly all I plan to grow is TGA.. Big fan of Sub.. matter of fact that is how I found your journals.. I started reading when you were in super soil and well I have been following since... I have a lot of plans for documentation of my grows.. A journal here and video documentation somewhere else all featuring your high brix.. I really think you could be revolutionizing growing and how lucky we are to have you documenting it here on 420Mag...

The more I grow High Brix, the more I'm a fan of landrace genetics. They respond much better than hybrids. TGA stuff is pretty muttly....but DAMN it can be strong! I'm just wanting to see what a strain known for stupid resin production would look like in High Brix.

Here's my clone routine:

Choose a stem that's going to be pruned, preferrably a nice, woody lower branch like this one. Cut off all the leaves except the topmost ones, trim them if they're too large. Dip it in clonex and shove it into a rapid rooter. This is what they look like a week later, with roots just starting to peek out.
Picture_02647.jpg
Picture_02742.jpg
Picture_02842.jpg
Picture_03138.jpg
Picture_03238.jpg
Picture_03342.jpg

Random pics from the garden. Resin production is decent this cycle. The most advanced plants are 3 weeks into bloom. They usually go for 10.

Picture_05314.jpg
Picture_05116.jpg
Picture_04921.jpg
Picture_04826.jpg
Picture_05022.jpg
Picture_04719.jpg
Picture_04621.jpg
Picture_04423.jpg
Picture_04325.jpg
Picture_04226.jpg
Picture_04125.jpg
Picture_04029.jpg
Picture_03833.jpg
Picture_03530.jpg
Picture_03436.jpg
Picture_03037.jpg
Picture_02938.jpg
Picture_02447.jpg
Picture_02346.jpg
Picture_02246.jpg
Picture_02156.jpg
Picture_02062.jpg
Picture_01966.jpg
Picture_01863.jpg
Picture_01758.jpg
Picture_01656.jpg

Amazing update Doc... I take my clones the exact same way and have very good results. Those root riot plugs are awesome :)

Hi Doc! Great post on cloning. Also, your high-brix plants look amazing and very well developed for their age - I'm a big fan of your grows and journals, and couldn't agree more on the importance of environment. + rep

I clone with Rapid Rooters, too - and love them. Doesn't get much simpler, nor more reliable. I'm literally shocked if I lose a cutting or have a problem - they are nearly fool-proof for me.

Recently I bought some knock-offs by Sunleaves, that seemed more similar to the Root Riot plugs, which I've used too. I thought I'd hate them (Sunleaves knock-offs) and nearly didn't use them for fear that I'd have an issue as the seemed much more porous, and "hard". However, I had roots going on everything at about day 6, which is pretty quick for me, and quicker than some I'd taken the same day in Rapid Rooters. I might just switch to these Sunleaves knock-offs long-term, truth be told. I still don't want to like them as much for some reason (just don't like the coarser/harder consistency), but I can't argue with how quickly they rooted everything, and how fast things took off afterwards.

I use "Rapid Rooter" style plugs for germinating, too, which they work wonderfully for as well.

Hi Doc! Great post on cloning. Also, your high-brix plants look amazing and very well developed for their age - I'm a big fan of your grows and journals, and couldn't agree more on the importance of environment. + rep

I clone with Rapid Rooters, too - and love them. Doesn't get much simpler, nor more reliable. I'm literally shocked if I lose a cutting or have a problem - they are nearly fool-proof for me.

Recently I bought some knock-offs by Sunleaves, that seemed more similar to the Root Riot plugs, which I've used too. I thought I'd hate them (Sunleaves knock-offs) and nearly didn't use them for fear that I'd have an issue as the seemed much more porous, and "hard". However, I had roots going on everything at about day 6, which is pretty quick for me, and quicker than some I'd taken the same day in Rapid Rooters. I might just switch to these Sunleaves knock-offs long-term, truth be told. I still don't want to like them as much for some reason (just don't like the coarser/harder consistency), but I can't argue with how quickly they rooted everything, and how fast things took off afterwards.

I use "Rapid Rooter" style plugs for germinating, too, which they work wonderfully for as well.

I'll keep my eyes out for those sumleaves plugs. I realized how many cuttings I was using recently....and I fancy myself a "seed grower." I'm gonnna have to get a couple seed crops going now.

Thanks for stopping by to say high! ;)

Doc, is that crazy resin production on the plants that are getting both of the drenches?

They sure are, bro. They've gotten a single dose of the Cationic nitrogen, high phosphate/fishy drench.

Also, here's a head's up:

I'm tasting residue from the foliar sprays on the last harvest. It's not bad, but there's a barely detectable acrid taste at the tail end of a large hit that was never there before. I sprayed 2 days before harvest to get the brix up. You can't taste it in a joint or if the bong is iced....but in the vape or bubbler it's there. Still fantastic flavor overall, but my connoisseur's palate can detect it. Lesson learned.

So, in the future, I'm going to wash them with a leaf wash the last week in order to get all that stuff off.

"Stress" is awesome on clones, I took some like 8 days ago, with no seed mat (it died), I sprayed them daily....I had to trim the roots this morning after checking in on them. :bravo::high-five::thumb:

Isn't it nice to play with non-bullshit products?

It's like the difference between a nice set of Snap-On tools compared with El Cheapo brand from AutoZone. Or, in your case, A really fine knife compared to Target's knife set.

Damn Doc, your journal is moving at a OMM break neck speed!
Everything looks great. If I were growing my main plants in soil I'd be following your lead.

With that said, I'm going to PM you as I want your opinion on something.

Opinions are my specialty!

I used to have a gag business card that said my name and specializing in:

Negative opinions most subjects, unsolicited advice, fish stories.

Looking frosty Doc! I love exotic genetics...:grinjoint:

:ganjamon:

I love 'em too! The Afghan/Herijuana strain I grew last time is in this rotation too. It's one of the exotic strains I have access to, these you see above may also turn into something great. It's a long, tedious, slow process......so much easier to get a few cutings or order seeds online, but the potential reward is so great.

I want my own strains someday.

6-7 weeks till harvest!!! Holy crap! They are going to be massive. The tric production is amazing DocBud!!

Yeah, it's pretty silly right now. I've never had it this bad before, especially this early.

Tweaking the ionic balance in the soil is what did it. Very subtle little things in the right soil mix, with the right types of myko in play can make huge changes.

Now I want to bulk them up a bit, so I went back to nitrate N for a bit and I'll use a foliar spray that slightly favors growth/bulking, not reproduction.

It sounds complicated, but it's really not. I have all these tools now that go with the high brix programs, and I'm just starting to play with them and get things figured out.

I made a note to myself: this stuff brings on resin!

Isnt Nitrate N chemical form Nitrogen? Wouldnt that kill the microbial life in the soil? I'm not 100% that why i'm asking.

Tweaking the ionic balance in the soil is what did it. Very subtle little things in the right soil mix, with the right types of myko in play can make huge changes.

How do you do this?

Back
Top Bottom