Nematode's First Journal - LEDs & High Brix

Great round Nate. Yeah, I'd just keep this journal running too tbh. This can be your little corner of the playground.

I know everyone usually really likes the blue dream, but for me, it's just o.k. I'll give it another shot for sure, but it didn't have the same 'pop' as some of my others.

Anyway, reps man. Keep up the good work. :cool:

Thanks gov.....yeah I have smoked BD before and this is by far the best I have had......but ur right it's an ok hybrid.....lol, I like more of the confusing weed:)......like this zamadelica......but ya know its true all women seem to love BD the wife sure likes it.....don't know what it is....

Hey guys......gotta a question, here are three of the six beans.....the Malawi x pck didn't come up.....the two not pictured are the other Jedi......

Here they are pretty much exactly 7 days from when I stuck them on the ground.......
IMG_20160127_152943166.jpg
IMG_20160127_152828017.jpg
IMG_20160127_152913699.jpg

Notice how tall they are? Now I haven't grown a lot of beans yet but these suckers are all twice as tall as other seedlings I've grown.....the difference with these is they are bout 36 in away from 2 p150s centered in a 3x3 tent....and my other we're all vegged under the Mars 900.

My question is, are my lights to far away, and they are stretching for it?

Other than that I did give them a small touch of water, less than a half a pint a peice, yesterday only because my soil was a little dry outta the bin, not dry but not to moist.....lol, anyway it's been really dry in the house.....

Oh yeah they are in no order a Jedi kush....have three these are reg beans, a trainwreck femmed and a nyc desiel x og kush femmed, so I got a little bit of everything in there......

Thanks guys.....:passitleft:

My experience with seedlings is that more light is better, within reason. As long as their feet are cool and moist, they love sunshine. :cheesygrinsmiley: I wouldn't be afraid of a couple hundred watts of light. Move up to 24 inches. I typically start mine under 100 watts of CFLs a few inches away.

I think they are telling you they need a "light hug". I'd move the lights down. Since I germinate under T5's I can't tell you how close, but they don't look like they are suffering from too much light or heat.

My experience with seedlings is that more light is better, within reason. As long as their feet are cool and moist, they love sunshine. :cheesygrinsmiley: I wouldn't be afraid of a couple hundred watts of light. Move up to 24 inches. I typically start mine under 100 watts of CFLs a few inches away.

I agree 100 %. :)

Hey Nate...hope not brotha, i've got a few of those put away for a rainy day! Cheers

Hey duggs....I would hope you're are a different run of them, I know smokey has grown them out with no problem....... Actually I believe he loves the smoke.....I don't know if I'm gonna throw the other one in or something else, the bean cracked and a small tap root came out like a 1/4 inch but then nothing.......werid......

That is weird...Choosing what strains to grow is fun...should i ...or ....not..... I'm thinken i might go back to just one strain for the two 26ers., like Kosher Kush. Yes , i think ..maybe...:rofl: Maybe two MLI's. and two KK. I've got some special beans from ACE...via Ziggs, but i may wait and do an all ACE grow with Mal.x PCK , Zamal Hash, and two from Ziggs. A mostly Sativa grow for that one. So many strains...so little time. :tokin: Have an awesome night Nate...and Gang.

DONE.......thanks guys like I say I had that thought:scratchinghead:......just checking in......it's weird bout that Malawi x pck, I have another bean of it, they were a gift and I believe the gifted was having problems germinating his as well.....maybe a bad batch?

There's always that possibility (of a bad batch), but it's also that time of year too Nate. I started this round about a month ago with three different strains from 3 different breeders and there were some that popped aggressively, and the rest have all had some issue...2 were duds, two didn't shed the sheath (so I removed it and they're fine), another one was kind of fused to one half of the shell (it looks fukt but I suspect it'll make it now) and a couple that popped on time had stalled at about the same place your sprouts are now.

Sometimes shit is hardwired man...just takes a minute. :cool:

There's always that possibility (of a bad batch), but it's also that time of year too Nate. I started this round about a month ago with three different strains from 3 different breeders and there were some that popped aggressively, and the rest have all had some issue...2 were duds, two didn't shed the sheath (so I removed it and they're fine), another one was kind of fused to one half of the shell (it looks fukt but I suspect it'll make it now) and a couple that popped on time had stalled at about the same place your sprouts are now.

Sometimes shit is hardwired man...just takes a minute. :cool:

Right on, I guess this is this first failure...... Lol, u know how that is, not to worried. But the stalls out makes me nervous...:cheesygrinsmiley:, that blue dream had the shell stuck on half and that first set that open up......and I have had to moisten that membrane up on one or two....... Really now I think bout it........seems like the first ones I ever started had the least problems........lol, either way it kept me coming back..........:high-five:

Right on, I guess this is this first failure...... Lol, u know how that is, not to worried. But the stalls out makes me nervous...:cheesygrinsmiley:, that blue dream had the shell stuck on half and that first set that open up......and I have had to moisten that membrane up on one or two....... Really now I think bout it........seems like the first ones I ever started had the least problems........lol, either way it kept me coming back..........:high-five:

About the membrane and shell ... are you guys planting them deep enough? They can easily go a half inch deep, and pulling through that much soil almost always sheds everything. I used to plant too shallow.

About the membrane and shell ... are you guys planting them deep enough? They can easily go a half inch deep, and pulling through that much soil almost always sheds everything. I used to plant too shallow.

That does sound like my problem.....I was a 1/4 inch at best........and the Malawi x pck was like I put it in upside down and didn't have enough soil to turn around and go down? Just my theory.....ill plant deeper next time....thanks GT :passitleft:

Very well could be GT. I had a couple last year that cracked but never poked out and I figured I'd address that this time. :thumb:

Hey Nate, I'm having some issues germinating as well. I have enough up now that I'm not worried about it but my whole order of Pakistani Chitral Kush failed, not 1 came up. None cracked before planting and after about 7 days I peeled back the soil and sure enough the seeds were gone, consumed once again by the soil. This has happened to me in fresh 1st run soil and 2nd. I have tried 2 malawi x pck and both of those failed as well. The only ACE bean to come for me this attempt was the Panama. I got enough now that I'll wait til the weather gets a little better (higher humidity) before I try again.

Hey Nate, I'm having some issues germinating as well. I have enough up now that I'm not worried about it but my whole order of Pakistani Chitral Kush failed, not 1 came up. None cracked before planting and after about 7 days I peeled back the soil and sure enough the seeds were gone, consumed once again by the soil. This has happened to me in fresh 1st run soil and 2nd. I have tried 2 malawi x pck and both of those failed as well. The only ACE bean to come for me this attempt was the Panama. I got enough now that I'll wait til the weather gets a little better (higher humidity) before I try again.

Neiko, Try making a little divot in the pot of cooked soil and put just plain HP Pro Mix in and have it sprout it in that. Ive done this several times when my soil ate the seed. :)

God morning Nate, Neiko and Ziggs. I have had problems in the past as well. Sometimes the cooked soil will just eat the seeds before sprouting. Ziggy's idea is the right way...just use straight pro-mix for germinating and sprouting ....it's more gentle and will not harm our valuable seeds before they sprout. My first batch of Desfran seeds were like this too...the second run soil seemed to eat them.Then I tried straight pro-mix with no issues! cheers gang and have an awesome day guys!

God morning Nate, Neiko and Ziggs. I have had problems in the past as well. Sometimes the cooked soil will just eat the seeds before sprouting. Ziggy's idea is the right way...just use straight pro-mix for germinating and sprouting ....it's more gentle and will not harm our valuable seeds before they sprout. My first batch of Desfran seeds were like this too...the second run soil seemed to eat them.Then I tried straight pro-mix with no issues! cheers gang and have an awesome day guys!

I had my first no-germ experience this week too. Multiple run soils seem to be the culprit, as with first run soil the seeds seem to spring up pronto. I'm going to mix up a batch of first run and keep it aside for germination.

I don't understand what the problem is, but I've also experienced it. Look for an update in the instructions soon.

Back
Top Bottom