Shadowmoses 1st Grow - Northern Lights - Short Rider - Autoflower - LED - Soil - 2015

Re: Shadowmoses 1st Grow - Northern Lights - Short Rider - Autoflower - LED - Soil -

Day 71 Short Rider - Day 69 Northern Lights
Hello 420 family, update time.

It is almost time. I think I will probably harvest NL #1 this weekend. She has slowed and is reaching her end. I could probably harvest SR as well, but haven't decided if I want to yet.

On to NL #2, those thin wispy buds are finally starting to put on some weight. So much that her branches can't hold the weight anymore. I had to tie some butchers twine around her so she could try and keep it together. Not too impressed with her as a whole though.

Talk to you all soon, enjoy the update.

Short Rider - Day 71
71-SR-1.png

71-SR-2.png

71-SR-3.png

Northern Lights #1 - Day 69
69-1-NL-1.png

69-1-NL-2.png

69-1-NL-3.png

Northern Lights #2 - Day 69
69-2-NL-1.png

69-2-NL-2.png

69-2-NL-3.png

Re: Shadowmoses 1st Grow - Northern Lights - Short Rider - Autoflower - LED - Soil -

That NL #2 is crazy! It's almost a cross between mj and green variety amaranth! She's pretty cool looking, even if a bit nontraditional. :high-five:

Buds are looking so nice. NL2 looks fine as well, if it can't hold onto all that weight then its a good sign in terms of yield! have you got a magnifier to check the trichomes?

That NL #2 is crazy! It's almost a cross between mj and green variety amaranth! She's pretty cool looking, even if a bit nontraditional. :high-five:

Lol, yeah she is! I don't even know what to think about her. I am sure there will be some good bud, but she is going to be a pain in the ass to trim.

Buds are looking so nice. NL2 looks fine as well, if it can't hold onto all that weight then its a good sign in terms of yield! have you got a magnifier to check the trichomes?

Hopefully she can hold up. I almost chopped her the other day when she went all limp on me.
I do have a microscope, however, I am red green colorblind so it is hard for me to tell sometimes. Right now NL1 looks like she is 5 to 10% amber. SR looks about the same but she still has new growth coming on whereas NL1 has slowed and there aren't really that many new white hairs. NL2 is pretty much all white hairs and has cloudy trichomes.

I'm drooling.:drool: Those plants look like they were grown under HPS lights. Well done! Have fun harvesting this weekend, and take a pic of that Mystery plant if you have the camera out. I love me some Mystery Seeds.

I'm drooling.:drool: Those plants look like they were grown under HPS lights. Well done! Have fun harvesting this weekend, and take a pic of that Mystery plant if you have the camera out. I love me some Mystery Seeds.

Thank you so much Mystery. I am super excited to harvest. I will be doing some bud washing as well. I will upload a few pics I took the other day when we were talking about it haha.

A Mystery Seed for you MysterySeed :) ! Mystery seed my fiance started under her CFL studio light. It is really funny looking at how tall she got with not much light. I threw her in my tent a few days ago though.

mystery1.png

mystery2.png

Now we know what keeping the light too far away does to a plant. Gonna save that photo and keep it around for reference. It's early enough in flower that you could take a clone and try it again next round, or just set it in the corner and let it finish.

Thanks for posting that photo.

Never seen a plant like that before nice journal looking at LEDs my self

Now we know what keeping the light too far away does to a plant. Gonna save that photo and keep it around for reference. It's early enough in flower that you could take a clone and try it again next round, or just set it in the corner and let it finish.

Thanks for posting that photo.

Definitely a good example of that Mystery. Not sure what I am going to do with it. About to start my High BRIX soon. I might just cull it.

Never seen a plant like that before nice journal looking at LEDs my self

Thanks Epic, welcome to my journal. I say go with LED. Less power, cooling, etc... I could be bias though. :)

Northern Lights #1 - Day 72 - Harvest

Hello 420 family, just a quick update as I am pretty exhausted after harvesting my first plant. I can't imagine how long it would take with a bigger one jeez. Took me 7 or so hours. I am sure I will get quicker, but it is some back breaking work.

Well here are the harvest pictures of NL #1, I didn't weigh them wet as I am pretty tired now. I will get you some dry weight in about 5 or so days. I might weigh them tomorrow just to see though.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the update.

72-1-NL-harvest-1.png

72-1-NL-harvest-2.png

72-1-NL-harvest-3.png

72-1-NL-harvest-4.png

72-1-NL-harvest-5.png

Hey Shadowmoses, congrats on your grow! :welldone: Looks awesome man! Don't blow it all at once :lot-o-toke:

I've got a 300W LED setup too, it's my first grow and I was wondering how far you are keeping your LED's?

Thanks man, and nice Journal!

Haha, I will try to not to blow it all in one place! Thanks St0ner.

It really depends on the LED. My GalaxyHydros I kept between 12 and 18 inches whereas my PlatinumLed I kept at 24" during flower. When I had seedlings I kept them as high as they could go till I was sure they could take the light. Seemed to work pretty well for me.

Good luck with your grow St0ner, I will check it out in a bit. :)

Bam! Kapow! Done!

:drool:Nice harvest! :drool:Those are some big fatty nugs. And like Freddy Mercury has said many times, "Fat bottom girls, you make the rockin' world go round."

I see that you wet trimmed, which is always an interesting debate. At work, we chop, trim the large fan leaves, and hang to dry. In 4-7 days, we pull down the dry buds and do a final trim - the slightest touch breaks off the sugar leaves and can precisely snap a stem without the use of scissors. I trim with a long-time grower (25+ years) who used to trim wet, but has changed his attitude after dry trimming with us for two harvests. It's faster with less scissor time and it produces a high quality product. Not that I'm knocking your style, but you might try it next time and see if you can shave some time off that 7-hour harvest. :;):

Re: Bam! Kapow! Done!

Haha, I will try to not to blow it all in one place! Thanks St0ner.

It really depends on the LED. My GalaxyHydros I kept between 12 and 18 inches whereas my PlatinumLed I kept at 24" during flower. When I had seedlings I kept them as high as they could go till I was sure they could take the light. Seemed to work pretty well for me.

Good luck with your grow St0ner, I will check it out in a bit. :)

From what I hear... Those PlatinumLed's have a lot more penetrating power/PAR. Looks like you did very well. Very nice plants. Full of buds. You should be proud of yourself.

:drool:Nice harvest! :drool:Those are some big fatty nugs. And like Freddy Mercury has said many times, "Fat bottom girls, you make the rockin' world go round."
I see that you wet trimmed, which is always an interesting debate. At work, we chop, trim the large fan leaves, and hang to dry. In 4-7 days, we pull down the dry buds and do a final trim - the slightest touch breaks off the sugar leaves and can precisely snap a stem without the use of scissors. I trim with a long-time grower (25+ years) who used to trim wet, but has changed his attitude after dry trimming with us for two harvests. It's faster with less scissor time and it produces a high quality product. Not that I'm knocking your style, but you might try it next time and see if you can shave some time off that 7-hour harvest. :;):

Queen and cannabis sounds like a good mix :) I have only done wet trimming so far. But I have been reading up and watched a few videos and decided to try leaving the leaves on when I harvest this time. Your comment helps solidify my intentions.

Thanks

Re: Bam! Kapow! Done!

Well it was my first harvest. I have heard people say that dry harvest was harder and wet trimming was harder. I am definitely going to try dry harvesting and see how that goes. I will be harvesting the other 2 plants today woot woot! I will just remove the fan leaves and hang them and then dry trim as you have suggested. I sure hope it does go a lot easier.

From what I hear... Those PlatinumLed's have a lot more penetrating power/PAR. Looks like you did very well. Very nice plants. Full of buds. You should be proud of yourself.

Queen and cannabis sounds like a good mix :) I have only done wet trimming so far. But I have been reading up and watched a few videos and decided to try leaving the leaves on when I harvest this time. Your comment helps solidify my intentions.

Thanks

Thanks Scar, I can't wait to grow them from seed with the PlatinumLED's. Get all the benefits of the new lights :) .

:goodjob: Awesome work man that harvest is looking proper fantastic and you should give yourself a pat on the back while you're coughing from smoking some amazing buds :welldone::welldone:

stubbed

Well it was my first harvest. I have heard people say that dry harvest was harder and wet trimming was harder. I am definitely going to try dry harvesting and see how that goes. I will be harvesting the other 2 plants today woot woot! I will just remove the fan leaves and hang them and then dry trim as you have suggested. I sure hope it does go a lot easier.

One reason to leave the leaves on would be to slow down the drying process. That is my main reason for trying it myself. It is generally hot in my dry room.

I sure hope it does go a lot easier.
Easier would be nice

Thumbs up

Back
Top Bottom