Pinktiger's Next Adventure: Can She Double Her Yield With Two Tents?

Pinktiger...making July 6th a thing!

Good luck on the harvest. Sounds like it's going to be a good one.

In terms of seed-making, beez0404 has an entire thread on it if you're interested in reading it, but coincidentally he posted a summary this morning! He uses a paint brush to make it easier on the plant if a bit harder on you.
https://www.420magazine.com/communi...to-produce-your-own-seeds.454956/post-4530418
Oh, you are a peach! Thanks for the link! I wish I could shake your hand!;)

So, I still have this burning question....
Have you doubled your output over the last several months? It sure seems like you are doing well! :peace::love:
Not quite. I was getting four to six ounces and the last one was 7.4 oz. This batch looks heavy. :cool: So I'm hoping this will do it. I have done one thing, though - shaved one month off of the time between harvests. This batch is finishing in just under 7 weeks, and I spent only two weeks in veg. So it is right at the two month mark now, instead of three. I've learned so much from all of you here and hope I can start giving back.

You might have to start calculating grams/day if you want to see if you're doubling your harvest. That will take veg times into account as well.
Wow. I have no idea how to do that. LOL. Math is a challenge.

Harvest!

Of course I can't weigh my harvest yet, but it looks good. Here is a photo of the haul:

These pictures were taken immediately after trim. I have now spaced them out somewhat with a rack.
They are in the refrigerator to dry. I tried refrigerator drying on part of my last harvest, and could not tell an appreciable difference between that and putting the buds in my drying rack on the porch. So about 10 days in the fridge, then in paper sacks on the porch for several days. Then in the CannaVaults. I'm estimating that it will be a big harvest. All the buds are heavy and packed - no fluffy ones really like last time. I do think the Mazari Grape could have waited a week, but I had to clear the tent because of time restraints on my life later on this summer. I want this grow finished before September 8.
Here are the three Mazari Grape clones in their new home:

I have two WWxBB clones flowering now in the small tent. I'm going to try to make feminized seeds. I have sprayed one of the plants down with colloidal silver. The other one I did not spray. I'll send pictures of that grow later.

It took me three hours to trim this mess. I was listening to psychedelic music at first and the sitars were making me spiral down (I was toking) so I changed to 1969 hits instead. DH and I were on the porch and I was trimming, and he was getting a contact high. (He doesn't partake of the herb.)

Beautiful harvest and nice trimming! I don't smoke but I love the smell of growing weed, so I know exactly where DH coming from :).

New plants look great, and with a harvest date-certain, you can back into your flip day based on this harvest timetable. For example, September 8th is the 251st day of the year. As an example, if you flowered these for 56 days, 251-56 = 195. The 195th day of the year is July 14th, so that would be your flip day.

or

Grams per day is basically the total dry grams divided by the number of days the plant grew (from roots I would say). So if you pull 240 grams and your plant grew a total of 120 days, you pulled 2 grams/day off that plant. The reason to calc that is because it's easy to pull more weight off a plant that vegges longer, but is it worth the extra tent time? This calculation will help figure that out.

Beautiful harvest and nice trimming! I don't smoke but I love the smell of growing weed, so I know exactly where DH coming from :).

New plants look great, and with a harvest date-certain, you can back into your flip day based on this harvest timetable. For example, September 8th is the 251st day of the year. As an example, if you flowered these for 56 days, 251-56 = 195. The 195th day of the year is July 14th, so that would be your flip day.

or

Grams per day is basically the total dry grams divided by the number of days the plant grew (from roots I would say). So if you pull 240 grams and your plant grew a total of 120 days, you pulled 2 grams/day off that plant. The reason to calc that is because it's easy to pull more weight off a plant that vegges longer, but is it worth the extra tent time? This calculation will help figure that out.
Thank you!

Update on Harvest and Announcing New Grow

Here is another look at the harvest, now in the refrigerator drying. I still have no idea what it will weigh in at. I placed one variety (three plants) in the vase, and the other variety is on a rack over a baking sheet. Mazari Grape is the small group on the rack. The others are WWXBB.

My new grow in the flowering tent is vegging along nicely. These plants suffered mild transplant shock, but have now recovered and are looking very healthy. These plants had to get used to two things: instead of deep culture, they are now in ebb and flow. Also, the light is at 100 percent, and they were in the small tent with 5 percent light. Not a lot of new growth yet, but I know how this variety grows - Mazari Grape - and it will take off like a rocket any day now. I'm assuming it will be about three weeks more of veg before the canopy fills and 12/12 begins.

My small cloning tent has temporarily turned into a breeding station, with two WWxBB clones - one has been treated with colloidal silver every day for five days, the other one shielded from that. We will see if I can create a hermie that will produce pollen and then pollinate the other plant for seeds. Never done this, so let's see if I can do it. Today I changed the water in the reservoir and switched to bloom nutes (GH). They are in day five of flower. I'm anxious to see the hermie develop footballs.

Yes, they do always go through a little shock. Just because of the change in watering. But this batch also suffered heat and light shock.

I think you said that last time! Was it the move from DWC to the table? Because going from 5% to 100% will be quite a surprise to the leaves.

Nice harvest BTW! I like the way they look in the vase :).
Thanks! They smell delicious.

My new plants are still recovering. I'm not really worried about them. The shock was not enough to hermie, I don't think. They will be beautiful next week and I'll be complaining about how fast they are growing.

OK - I have a harvest count: Total haul 9.70 ounces. Three WWXBB were 8.5; I got 1.2 out of my Mazari Grape. But they needed a few more days. That is one reason why I planted three of them in the flowering tent and nothing else for this grow.

Considering that this finished grow had transplant issues much worse than these, and that the water was shut off accidentally for several hours in mid veg, 9.7 ounces is fantastic. I'm hoping for 12 ounces in the newest grow.

So, what is the result of this experiment? I more than doubled my grow and the sky (almost) is the limit. I also learned many valuable lessons, and found a few friends along the way.

Thank you for reading my journal and aiding me in this endeavor. I'm going to close this journal now.
See you in the next one!

Back
Top Bottom