Pinktiger's Next Adventure: Can She Double Her Yield With Two Tents?

Pinktiger777

I'm in the middle of an experiment - come along with me and we will learn together.
A few weeks ago, I decided to buy a second, smaller tent to start my plants, and then transplant them into a larger tent for flowering. Instead of growing one large plant or two or three smaller plants, I decided to sprout five seeds and put them into flower earlier, hopefully increasing my yield. I had a problem that I wanted to solve
The Problem: I had one tent, taking three to four months for a grow (four for from seed, three if revegging the same plant or plants) and found my yield was not increasing; I was getting about three to four ounces every three to four months, and demand was greater than my yield. I have space limitations and cannot have two large tents in my present home. Also, I have to be stealth because of current laws.
The Hypothetical Solution: I posit that if I have a smaller tent in my bar area in the basement, on the counter, I can start plants in a small DWC (5-gallon) and then transplant, once the large tent is free, into an ebb and flow setup. If all works as it is supposed to, I can harvest every two months, with a nearly perpetual schedule. The intent is to harvest at least five or six ounces at a time. Meanwhile, the plants growing in the small tent will be ready to place in the large tent post harvest. Then I can use the small tent for drying the harvest, before starting new seeds.
The Challenges: DWC is new to me. I will have a learning curve. Also, I have some issues with germination, because I'm impatient. The trick will be to learn as much as I can without killing anything. Another challenge is needing seeds more often. So this means purchasing seeds stealthily, from Europe, as I cannot buy in the U.S.
What I have Found out Already: Transplanting from the small tent to the big tent takes special handling. It is vital to keep the ebb and flow water going steady for the first 24 hours, and then to transition to a three hour interval of feeding for 30 minutes at a depth of three inches in the tray. Otherwise, the plants could die from transplant shock and lack of water.
My Equipment:
Original tent, setup and lights:

• Gorilla Grow Tent LTGGT22 Tent, 2' x 2.5' x 5'7"
  • 2 of these: 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower
  • Viagrow Complete 2 ft. x 2 Ft. Ebb & Flow Hydroponics System
  • VIVOSUN 440 CFM 6" Inline Duct Fan with 6" Carbon Filter Odor Control with Australia Virgin Charcoal
  • General Hydroponics nutrients plus Koolbloom, Cal Magic, and Armor Si, plus Z7 enzymes and Hydroguard.
  • Pest control with Great White.
  • Medium is hydroton, exhaust fan and intake fan are 6-inch, and exhaust has inline charcoal filter.
New Equipment and Lights:
  • 24"x24"x36"Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Obeservation Window and Floor Tray for Indoor Plant Growing 2'x2' (24"x24"x36") by Cool Grows
  • SavvyGrow Hydroponic Growing System Kit - 2 Large Airstones, Bucket with Air Pump
  • VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control Series VT300 300W LED Grow Light - Dimmable VEG/BLOOM Channels 12-Band Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants
  • iPower 4 Inch 190 CFM Duct Inline Fan with 4" Carbon Filter 8 Feet Ducting Combo for Grow Tent Ventilation
  • iPower 4 Inch 100 CFM Booster Fan Inline Duct Vent Blower for HVAC Exhaust and Intake 5.5' Grounded Power Cord
  • Same nutrients as above.
What am I growing?
The first plants are three White Widow X Big Bud and two Sour Diesel, purchased from Seedsupreme.com. I've been dealing with them satisfactorily for three years, and usually I get shipments within a week or 10 days at most. I just hate having to use bitcoin. The next plants will be Mazari Grape, a plant I've grown before with success.

I stated that I could not buy seeds in the US You CAN buy here, but the prices are ridiculous, and most of the time the supply is low. I’m not paying $100 for five seeds or even six seeds.

Seedsman is a fantastic option to ship to the USA
I've order, hmm, 6x, always arrive in less than two weeks from placing my order

A lot of USA companies have some great genetics but not cheap indeed

Had good luck getting ACDC seeds in the USA seed bank, but can't remember the name, price was good too

Yes, I agree that Seedsman is a good option. The reason I stay with seedsupreme is that I always have kush money to spend there. LOL. It's a reward system.

More about my setup:
Readers not familiar with my big tent setup - It is in the finished basement of the house, under the stairs in a closet. I have vented it with intake in the door and exhaust in the wall. The door locks.

Thanks for coming along, everyone! I’ll be gone until Sunday and then I’ll give an update.

OK - beautiful plants awaited me when I arrived home late last night. I took pictures a bit ago, this morning, and here they are - I think I will need to go 12/12 pretty quick. May do it tonight.

Those have to be nice-smelling DVDs. I'm in :).
Actually, no. LOL. The exhaust contains no smell. I'm eternally grateful! Those are my husband's DVD's he brought when we married five years ago. He doesn't partake of the herb, and hates the smell! (OK, more for me!)

If you want to increase production tuck the tallest tops under your screen and give the lowers a chance to grow up to the screen. You want as many tops as possible up in your screen.

Should I do that before turning it to 12/12? I have been tucking, and also a bit of LST, to get the branches evenly-spaced under the canopy.
I of course can wait, if I need to. I'm just concerned that it will get so big the tent won't contain it, if I wait much longer. Really appreciate your advice!!! I'm still a newbie and I know it.

I went ahead and put it on 12/12 starting tonight. The smalll plant has a bunch of nodes on it and has plenty of light available to it, so I figure it will be good. It’s an experiment, anyway! LOL.
According to the “playbook,” these should finish about Nov. 22.

Back
Top Bottom