Pinktiger's Next Adventure: Can She Double Her Yield With Two Tents?

Update June 10 2019

Flowering Tent
Three weeks of flower gone, now in the middle of the 4th week of 12/12. Buds are numerous and stalks are bulking up with them. I changed and cleaned the reservoir this weekend. Temp and humidity are stable at 73 degrees and 66 percent. Here are photos:

Clones

Five clones left. I discarded three. I'm going to put four in the flowering tent after the current grow there is finished. One, a Mazari Grape, is staying so I can attempt to make pollen from it with colloidal silver. I'm reading up on that now and preparing my plans. LOL. Diabolical. LOL.
This weekend I drained and cleaned my res. I took photos of my set up, so viewers can see what I'm doing here. You will notice a paint stick I use to measure my water level. The top level is for baby clones. The bottom one is for rooted clones. I put a crude line on the stick. The lower one is for five gallons. The top one is for six gallons.
To clean the reservoir, I remove it from the tent and use Simple Green and hot water to clean everything, including the air lines. Then I spray it down with a solution of bleach and water and let it sit for several minutes before rinsing. These are infection control techniques to remove any mold or bacteria before reassembling the unit. I'm not sure, but I think it also kills viruses. If I notice any "slime" on the roots or discoloration, I put a capful of hydrogen peroxide (regular strength from store) in it and then the next day, add my enzymes and mycorrhizae. I use Z7 parts one and two, and Great White. This keeps the roots nice and clean. They should be rough to the touch and springy. If they look grey, brown or have a slimy feel, they need intervention with H2O2 as I outlined above. But if the reservoir is cleaned and changed weekly, this won't happen.
Photos:

End of Fourth Week in Flower

Flowering Tent
Plants are flourishing. The plant in the upper right corner is not doing as well as the others; it was hit hard when the water was off accidentally last week. It lost several branches; however, the remaining branches look great and have lots of buds. Tomorrow I will change the water and this time use dry Koolbloom until harvest.
This past week I also defoliated the tent. All large fan leaves are now forbidden! LOL. They have several leaves, each stalk does. I took off the ones that were doing nothing valuable.

Cloning Tent
These are getting out of control. Started out with lights at 10 percent. Then I dimmed the lights to 5 percent because 10 percent was too much and they were growing too fast. Yesterday I changed them to 3 percent. I'm getting 10,600 Lux at that. In the flowering tent where everything is 100 percent, I'm getting 1,081,000 Lux. Average. I'm not sure yet what this means, but I'm definitely getting only one percent of the light in that tent than the flowering tent has. Of course, there I have three lights, and the cloning tent has one. Here's some pics.

Looks great, remember those big fan leaves are providing the plant with all of its food. Remove those and the plant isn’t getting the energy it could have had.

In the “after” pic, you can see lots of leaves. I removed the large fans that were not directly feeding a flower.

Today I changed the water in the res of the flowering tent, and changed the nutrients to the schedule for mid-bloom. I think maybe I have stopped the massive growth in the cloning tent by reducing the lights to 3 percent. Also, I looked at the LUX in the flowering tent again. My math skills are atrocious. I'm getting 108,100 Lux. That is good bright sunlight. The cloning tent is getting 10 percent of that, with about 10,000 Lux. So twilight. LOL.
I didn't post pictures because nothing has changed since yesterday there. I'll post later this week.

We are now in week five of flower.

Just curious how you are measuring your lux. Is that 108M lux under each light? From what I've read, no spot in the tent needs more than around 75M lux.

Above that you would need to add CO2, heat, and additional nutrients for the plants to be able to use the added light.

Just curious how you are measuring your lux. Is that 108M lux under each light? From what I've read, no spot in the tent needs more than around 75M lux.

Above that you would need to add CO2, heat, and additional nutrients for the plants to be able to use the added light.
YeH, great question. I put the meter in the middle of The Scrog and that is an average of what I got. And it is 108k. Thanks for the link!

Update: Flowering Tent and Clones

Flowering Tent: Beginning 6th Week of Flower
The buds are filling out and continue to grow. Lots of white pistils apparent, and I'm pretty happy with the grow so far. I lost some growth in the back of the tent when the water was accidentally shut off, but the growth that is there is doing well. I'm hoping to get at least 8 ounces this time, maybe more? Oh, well, whatever. It bothers me somewhat that the colas are brushing up against the lights. However, it doesn't seem to have a negative effect on the buds.
These plants have three weeks to finish. The trichomes are clear on the buds. Very sticky. Smells great.

Clones. Wow.
How much trouble are five clones? LOL. I have two of each variety (Mazari Grape and WW X BB). The WWXBB are smaller and more dainty than the Mazari Grape plants. The MG are trying to take over the world.
I have three weeks left to go before these can be moved to the flowering tent. Pray.

Don’t look none the worse for wear, hopefully they grow around the lights instead of into them.
The light doesn’t seem to faze them, at least not in a bad way.

I think things can only be fazed in a bad way! Flowers look great and if your clones are out of control feel free to cut them back hard. They'll grow back just in time to be moved to the other tent :).
Good idea! Will do that today.

Yesterday I trimmed back the clones. Today I changed the reservoir, as the ph was starting to fall instead of rise. To me, that means the mix is getting too acid and the water is less efficient. They look good. Tomorrow I will post pictures of the clones and do some micro on the flowering tent. I guess that would be more like later today.

Today I took these photos of the grow and clones' tent. The buds are still filling out, but they are starting to look like they want to finish. According to the calendar, these are in their sixth week of flowering and they have two or three weeks to go after this week. What do you think? The trichomes are getting cloudy. I will try again to get a good photo of the trichs. Problem is, my microscope needed charging. So I will be back.

Back
Top Bottom