Pinktiger's Next Adventure: Can She Double Her Yield With Two Tents?

Me too! This morning I could tell the damage was to the entire plant, not just the tops. And only the largest two clones of wwxbb were affected the most. The smallest clone showed less damage and the Mazari Grape was only a little affected.

The 2 affected were directly under the light?
No, the lights are way up more than 2 feet above the plants. The difference was that they were bigger than usual and took longer to be acclimated than the others.

Yeah. Another thing to note about the transition between DWC and E&F!

I know. But we also changed the location of the exhaust filter, and had to remove plants to do it. That hurt, I believe.

At least you figured it out and caught it quickly.
I'm getting better at noticing problems right away. And that is good, because I learn for the next time when I make mistakes. One sure thing about hydroponics is, a little mistake can have a huge impact. But conversely, mistakes are easy to rectify quickly with hydro.
I will now know that I need to be extremely careful when transplanting from DWC to E&F when the plants are large. So I'm waiting three more weeks before taking clones. By then the plants will have lots of new growth and I can choose carefully which plant to clone. When I get there, I will post my cloning. I've changed some things there - such as cutting the bottom off the net pot and securing it to the top with a cloning collar, and using the DWC like a bubbler.

OK, here are pictures: First, let me show you my buds, which are in an 8-liter Cannavault. I have a four liter one, but I put the trim in there. Oh, and I found my sugar trim from the last grow, and I'm smoking it now. (Not right now, but you know what I mean.) LOL. So the buds can get nice and mellow as they age.

And here is a closeup of the damage done to the upper right quadrant plant, but also see the new shoots. It has three weeks to get even more better before the planned 12/12 day change.

And here's the new canopy as of today:

[QUOTE="InTheShed, post: 4457332, member: Like that would be a new thing around here?
[/QUOTE]
I’m smoking it now!

Update time:

The plants in the big tent have recovered nicely from the transplant shock. I don't know exactly how to prevent the next batch of clones from becoming so large again, except to delay the taking of them.
But now it is looking as though the plants might be ready for 12/12 a little early, so I took clones today. I'm going to try doing it Emilya's way ( @Emilya ) and see what happens.
I have pictures of what I did.
First, see the canopy today and the tops:

Then, look at the clones and where they are:

I took smaller clones than I usually do, and made sure they had nodes that would sprout roots. I cleaned them up, cut on the diagonal, and clipped the leaf points. Then I dipped them in Clonex and attached the collar before putting them down towards the water, but not in it. I have two large air stones in a DWC reservoir. First, I cut off the bottom of the net pots, measured the water level, and I'm keeping the humidity high by spraying them with water occasionally.

Even less. Like a light bulb.
Ok, @InTheShed . I turned my light down to 10 percent on both bloom and veg. It’s a dimmable viparspectra 300 watt equivalent.
Also. I had to dip the stems down into the water to keep them alive. This is not a bubbler, but a DWC unit with two large air stones. So it really is not the way emilya does it. Let’s see what happens. I’ve got time.

Dunno nothing about how Emilya clones, but none of that matters once there are roots. Low light and no nutes (until you see deficiencies) will keep growth slow once they root. Your light will really dim down to 30 watts? I have very slow growth with a 23w CFL about 10" from the clones. They take off when I put them under the real lights or outside.

Dunno nothing about how Emilya clones, but none of that matters once there are roots. Low light and no nutes (until you see deficiencies) will keep growth slow once they root. Your light will really dim down to 30 watts? I have very slow growth with a 23w CFL about 10" from the clones. They take off when I put them under the real lights or outside.
Yes, it does dim to that. I’m using seedling nutes. Mostly water ph’d, some rapid start, etc. what I always use. We will see. I’ll keep this updated. Emilya uses a bubbler that she built herself to clone.

Well, my clones are still alive and most have a tiny thread-like root - looks like a hair. It’s fun to look at the baby roots.

Back
Top Bottom