Pinktiger's Next Adventure: Can She Double Her Yield With Two Tents?

Just what my wife says about me! The weed part, not the romantic part :).
Yeah,what is with you, Shed? How can you grow it and not like it? Lol.

I started in the early 70's and I gave it up in 1981, after deciding that I didn't like the feeling the next morning. I probably was smoking too much the night before, but I thought, "I'm done with this." And I never looked back. Almost everyone around me smokes though. On 4/20 my wife and both my kids were hitting the bong in the kitchen, blowing smoke at me!

Nobody in my circle partakes. I have a great daughter, (not the one who lives with us) and she is not into it. She tolerates me. She’s a good Catholic ( not my fault) and a helicopter parent. The daughter who lives with us has a seizure disorder and can’t live alone. She is actually my husbands daughter but I love her dearly. She is diametrically opposed to pot, but helps me grow it. I’m a lucky woman.

The daughter who lives with us has a seizure disorder and can’t live alone. She is actually my husbands daughter but I love her dearly. She is diametrically opposed to pot, but helps me grow it. I’m a lucky woman.
Hard to deal with the good Catholics, but I'm surprised that someone with a seizure disorder would be diametrically opposed to pot, given that's the one thing the federal government has approved it (CBD extract) for. Even if it doesn't work for her, she should see its medical benefits.

Hard to deal with the good Catholics, but I'm surprised that someone with a seizure disorder would be diametrically opposed to pot, given that's the one thing the federal government has approved it (CBD extract) for. Even if it doesn't work for her, she should see its medical benefits.
She wants to try it if I can make a tincture that doesn’t make her gag. I’m going to try the freezer method with Everclear. Sweet Sue has a recipe.

This one too:

Why tincture? How about capsules?
That’s not a bad idea. I just have to read up on how to fill them. I’m a klutz.

I bought syringes from Amazon. I'll find it for you...

10ml Syringes 14Ga 1.5'' Blunt Tip Needle Storage Caps - Glue Applicator, Oil Dispensing (Pack of 5)

I put clear packing tape over the marking on them because they wash off. They say that they're single use but I just put a bit of olive oil on the side of the plunger and use it over and over.

And here is how Grandpa makes his capsules:
https://www.420magazine.com/communi...tracts-for-shatter-or-oil.442095/post-3897897

I bought syringes from Amazon. I'll find it for you...

10ml Syringes 14Ga 1.5'' Blunt Tip Needle Storage Caps - Glue Applicator, Oil Dispensing (Pack of 5)

I put clear packing tape over the marking on them because they wash off. They say that they're single use but I just put a bit of olive oil on the side of the plunger and use it over and over.

And here is how Grandpa makes his capsules:
https://www.420magazine.com/communi...tracts-for-shatter-or-oil.442095/post-3897897
You are a peach! Thanks. I’ve read Grandpas method, but so glad for the link so I can bookmark it. I’m looking at amazon right now.

What size and kind capsules do you recommend? Do you use a special device to fill them. I’m a total neophyte.

The 00's are close to 1ml (.91), and Amazon sells those holders that Grandpa posted in the second link:
422A8C78-8F88-49B4-90C2-343C274F1435.jpeg

I made my own with a drill and a 1x4 :).

The 00's are close to 1ml (.91), and Amazon sells those holders that Grandpa posted in the second link:

Of course you did! Lol thanks again!

What size drill bit? DH wants to know.

I’m home and I harvested, because the carbon scrubber in the big tent failed totally. Which is fine, because I had some amber trichs with cloudy. I’ve never had a harvest so big. The trim bin was filled to over-capacity twice. Some is on the porch drying the usual way, and some in the fridge. Experiment time. I have a bag of trim in the freezer for making RSO and the rest in the basket to dry. It’s all good trim, popcorn and sugar leaves. Tomorrow we drain, clean, and start over again with the four plants in the small tent.

Thanks. Right now I’m dealing with heat issues. We totally redid the flowering tent but we must have the new filter wrong. Not exhausting enough. I’ll take pictures and post.

Wow. I have to remind myself never to get complacent. LOL.
After harvesting my last grow, I had four plants overdue for placing in the flowering tent.
But we needed to change the carbon filter, and I wanted to make some changes:
1. Place exhaust fan on roof of tent, clearing up space in the top of the tent for lights.
2. Add another 300W (equiv) LED light to make it three across, total of 900W (equiv).
3. Place carbon filter on floor of tent, connected to the ductwork to exhaust fan.

The last item is where I met my Waterloo. NEVER should a carbon filter be that far away from the fan motor. And NEVER put your exhaust next to your intake for fresh air.
It was quickly exhausting the fresh air. And the tent temp reached 99 degrees. Ouch.
So yesterday my daughter and I worked like fiends to tear the tent apart and rehang the filter up above the lights. We were so glad there was room. I'm still not really happy with the temp, as it is in the low 80's, but the water temp is 63 F.
So here are pictures of my last harvest, still drying, my new fan motor placement, the mistaken carbon filter on the floor, and the new canopy.
I'm really glad I added that third light, but I know it is what is keeping my tent too warm.

I also got a new air pump so there are two in the res now. I mean, I replaced the existing pump with a double one.

Back
Top Bottom