PeeJay's Neophyte Breeding Adventure

No worries, Canna. I have clones. They will live on!

This is what the Sage n' Sour looks like now that it's ready to go in jars...

20151010_112755.jpg

Well, it resembles sage leaves....and the yellowish could be lemon which is sour....
that's beautiful.
Nice nug and perfect backdrop it's sitting on.

:circle-of-love:

Did you take any clones during flower? With the actual small bud on them?
I took two from the outdoor girl with small buds on them, and they are rooting now. I'm wondering what happens to the bud as the plant grows in vegetative lighting?

Well, it resembles sage leaves....and the yellowish could be lemon which is sour....
that's beautiful.
Nice nug and perfect backdrop it's sitting on.

:circle-of-love:

Did you take any clones during flower? With the actual small bud on them?
I took two from the outdoor girl with small buds on them, and they are rooting now. I'm wondering what happens to the bud as the plant grows in vegetative lighting?

I have a one bud clone I just put into soil.
I'm just hoping it survives so I can regrow the genetics.

Bummer about the bust on breeding the chitrals. Keep this one going man. I can't wait to see what you produce. I have some Nepali Chitral cross pollen I've been waiting to breed out to the right girl. You have some absolutely stunning ladies my mate!

Yep, everything is good, Canna. It's been a busy week battling deadlines and getting everything chopped, trimmed and washed. The only thing left standing is the Panama - and the babies. Never found a single seed so maybe the pollen I collected got too moist? I'm rather baffled.

Yep, everything is good, Canna. It's been a busy week battling deadlines and getting everything chopped, trimmed and washed. The only thing left standing is the Panama - and the babies. Never found a single seed so maybe the pollen I collected got too moist? I'm rather baffled.

I think you may be correct on the moist pollen. My pollen in the bags that I tried was too moist as well despite the air holes I put in the bags for air circulation. There were two branches that had pollen sacs hanging that never opened and turned brown. When I took them out they were rather soggy.
So, the girls outside that I pollinated are iffy from that as well as being too far into flower...I fear.
The other plant that was prime time ready has dead pistils...but not much showing other than that.
Only time will tell. It may be that the pollen was past it's prime also. I've read that it's good for about a week? I would have to look into that further to be sure.

I won't use that bag method again, it will be total isolation with the branches free to drop the pollen when I tap them into a bowl like I used to do. :)

I'm wondering what happens to the bud as the plant grows in vegetative lighting?
They just deteriorate like a re-veg. You get the same weird looking leaves and everything before it starts looking normal.

I won't use that bag method again, it will be total isolation with the branches free to drop the pollen when I tap them into a bowl like I used to do. :)
I had good results collecting pollen by putting a male into my Veg Tent right before he was ready to explode by placing a dish under him to collect it. Photos can't get pollinated in Veg but make sure you move all your Autos you don't want to pollinate to your Bloom Tent first.

IMG_00016701.jpg

I don't recall where I read about the bag thing. It seemed like a sound plan, there was lots of pollen but the fish weren't swimming... Live and learn. I'll try something more like Reg did next time. The male Panama clone dumped some pollen in the veg tent and I did hit the big Panama with some of that but who knows if those seeds will mature. I really wanted Chitral x Panama seeds. Next time!

The clones are all reveging like BAR was talking about above. The exception is the one female Panama that was evidently not far enough into flower to have a conniption over returning to a long light schedule. These need to be topped and potted up this weekend.

20151016_120930.jpg

20151016_120943.jpg

20151016_120951.jpg

20151016_120957.jpg

20151016_121021.jpg

The four babies are 18 days old and are also due to move into roomier pots in the next few days. Great growth rates all around. Clockwise from the top left; Bangi Haze, Golden Lemon, Pink Plant, 5th Element.

20151016_121236.jpg

Here's what the it looks like in the disposable diaper now.

20151016_121501.jpg

Panama is hanging in there and adding bulk.

20151016_121721.jpg

20151016_121628.jpg

20151016_121830.jpg

Sage 'n Sour yielded just over 12 ounces. In the jar the sour has been coming on strong with a bright lemon-lime scent. It has a very up zippy effect that sometimes makes me nervous. I'm sativa sensitive. The only other person to try it so far was very enthusiastic about it.

The two Chitral phenos were interesting. The purpler of the two is going to be the superior smoke. It is more frosty and the berry aroma didn't fade out much while drying. The greener pheno has more of a cookies type smell now. Unfortunately the purple pheno only yielded half what the green one did. Here is a side by side picture that doesn't do a good job of showing off the color. The purple pheno is on the left.

20151016_114404.jpg

I found no mold or worms in either the Sage 'n Sour or the Darkstar! One thing about the Chitral is that it has airier buds than the plants I've grown with Afgan genetics. This makes is more resistant to rot. In comparison, the DarkStar and Cheese had very dense nugs that take much longer to dry. Some DarkStar nugs that will be ready to tuck into jars in a day or two.

20151016_123400.jpg

Twelve ounces on the Sage 'n Sour. Well done PeeJay. I fell behind here in the last week. Time to catch up. :thumb:

Congrats on the awesome yield PJ.
Listen, I've started a new run that's going to be grown in strictly your soil mix. Since we're phasing out the 2lt Soda Pop Pot Grow we've already used up the last batch on the first four plants of the run and I've bought a 5lb bag of Yum Yum along with a 15lb bag of worm castings. Once I get the drum to cook a much bigger batch in I'll hit you with the size.

Thanks for the votes!

Not much new here. Panama is still growing. The babies and clones have all been moved into 2 gallon pots.

Outdoor Darkstar yeilded ~ 8.75 oz of nice nugs. It looks fantastic.

20151022_120628.jpg

Here's a better picture of what the Chitral looks like.

20151022_121501.jpg

Back
Top Bottom