PeeJay's Neophyte Breeding Adventure

You sure do trim a nice bud. You're making the contestants in the NOTM contest real nervous PeeJay. :laughtwo: The colors in the Chitral are just lovely. It's been a joy to watch you play in dirt again. Keep it up. Please. :circle-of-love:

Does the sage and sour have much body to it? I imagines the straight sage would, bur after being blended with a sour sativa not so much.

I've got some purple sage one of my friends was gifted from an old hippy grower in CO. Not sure if its a purple indica or purple haze its mixes with....hmm. Should probably give him a call. I totally forgot about them until now.

Does the sage and sour have much body to it? I imagines the straight sage would, bur after being blended with a sour sativa not so much.

I've got some purple sage one of my friends was gifted from an old hippy grower in CO. Not sure if its a purple indica or purple haze its mixes with....hmm. Should probably give him a call. I totally forgot about them until now.

This S'nS pheno changed it's aroma in cure from what always smelled like toasted hazelnuts to very lemony and sour as it cured. That said it smokes oily and rich and has a ton of body. Bright citrus on the inhale and brown butter and herb on the exhale that melts back to citrus on the tounge. Delicious! Everyone who has tried it really enjoys the smoke. The high is too sativa dominant for my taste and I have to titrate my dose carefully or I just get nervous and run like a hamster on a treadmill.

Hey Hey PeeJay!

You A-Okay out there?

:hug:

Check. A-Okay. Just enjoying a week of not worrying about bringing in a good harvest! I have the clones (the two Chitral are still doing wonky reveg stuff) and the four from seeds in two gallon pots now and they only need water every five days or so. Aside from topping them once a week not much action going on there.

20151028_121618.jpg

Panama is going to get chopped tomorrow or Friday. It started flowering the third week of August and is right at 10 weeks. It is not the most beautiful plant to look at but at least it is a size where taking a whole plant picture is practical. It is over five feet tall even with the super-cropped top. I guess there is an ounce or an ounce and a half there for variety. It smells fruity and tropical, has not seemed to mind the cool weather, and would have started flowering a couple of weeks sooner if I had started it sooner. I might have to try one in a bigger pot and more training out there next summer if I like the smoke.

Here are a few last pictures before she gets kilt.

20151028_121303.jpg

20151028_121222.jpg

20151027_084358.jpg

20151028_121419.jpg

20151028_121514.jpg

Great smoke report on the Sour & Sage characteristics PJ.

Just so you know I'll be doing a "Side by Side" run with the Customized Organic Soil Mix you calculated for me next to Doc's HB Kit in the near future. I neglected to ask you for permission and hope you don't mind. Don't need permission from Doc since his kit is on the open market.
I'm going to need about 2gal's worth of a start up recipe for seedlings from you being his kit has a seedling step. We want this to be as fair as possible.

I'm going to need about 2gal's worth of a start up recipe for seedlings from you being his kit has a seedling step. We want this to be as fair as possible.

Doc's HiBrix kit doesn't have a seedling step ... :cheesygrinsmiley: ... same soil all the way.

Thanxx Gray. I haven't really read up on the kit yet, just glanced at the jugs. So I'm good PJ but still wouldn't mind a Baby Soil recipe.

20151027_084358.jpg

Beauty is all in the perspective. Your eye had no problem finding beauty in this plant. I enjoy your smoke reports and the image of you hyper is endearing. :laughtwo: That must have given you a time when you first smoked strong Sativa strains, and before you realized what the challenge was.

Wonderful work, as always. Best of luck with the contest PeeJay. Feels like vacation, doesn't it?

Great smoke report on the Sour & Sage characteristics PJ.

Just so you know I'll be doing a "Side by Side" run with the Customized Organic Soil Mix you calculated for me next to Doc's HB Kit in the near future. I neglected to ask you for permission and hope you don't mind. Don't need permission from Doc since his kit is on the open market.

I know which one will be the least demanding for the grower already...

I want your mj.... Mines ok.... Then I come over here and realize...no...I want PJ's flowers.....:circle-of-love:

Ha! I want your flowers. We need to sit on the porch and sample each others produce. Problem is, once we tried two or three we'd be so baked who could say what was what?

That nug of the month is keeping me on the edge of my seat for sure!

Glad to hear from you PeeJay and nice that you have some good smokies.

:circle-of-love:

PeeJay is high listed on plant of the month right now.

Congrats PeeJay. A plant to be very proud of.

Cheese is doing well in the contests. I think I shall make a comprehensive ode to the cheese post today. If I have time...

What a nice thing to wake up to! And, what a nice way to end a really great cycle with the Panama going into jars the next day or so and the next harvest a good 90 days away. Thanks for the support and kind words everyone.

Plant AND nug winner! No surprise for me. Look at all that fuzzy goodness!

:adore::adore::adore:

CONGRATULATIONS PeeJay, well done Sir. :Namaste: :adore:

I have to say... I had a great cycle and I don't think the Cheese was the best of the best. I can't enter anymore until January. Rats! In retrospect I think the whole cycle won the prizes. The Cheese does not stand alone. I'm sure the bulk of the votes came from people who have followed along, both the vocal and un-vocal, many for multiple journals, and I'm flattered. Thanks again!

I'm not sure what to do with the bounty of prizes. I've already decided that most of the SNS nutrients are going to be donated to a school garden project that I'm associated with. The plots are organic and there is, of course, a limited budget. It will be fun to discuss the short vs long-term benefits of commercial organic nutrients, carbon footprint, etc. There will be some fun opportunities for side by sides comparing output between the compost and mulch enhanced native soil alone compared to plants in the same soil fed the veg and bloom boosters and/or the full on nutrients. The pest control stuff will be equally fun for the students. I can not begin to express how grateful I am to be able to make a significant in-kind donation to the program. I'm passionate about the whole community agriculture and food justice thing, as some of you know. The SNS folks might be happier if I used their gifts for growing cannabis... Maybe not? It feels right to me! I'm riotously enthusiastic about it.

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit being a hopeless nicotine addict. Quitting relapses have been frequent over the years. Been getting by on vaping for a while, but I'm not one of those cloud geeks. Just give me a dependable nicotine delivery system dammit! Never mind that.

I was in the vape store where they keep me good with a dependable smokeless nicotine delivery system. Bless their hearts. Had to look at dry herb vaporizer and concentrate pens while I was there. Ended up with one of these for ~ 25 bucks. It is a ceramic atomizer that fits on a mod. It is for waxy and oily concentrates.

20151102_175920.jpg

That thing is a "ceramic doughnut." Load it up with your favorite oily or waxy concentrate and vape away. Sounded good. Had a couple of cans of aerosol organic solvent on hand. Took a gallon sized ziplock of fresh frozen Cheese popcorn and sugar out and made me some Cheese wax.

20151102_173358.jpg

Looks like crumbled Cheese.

I have to say, I can have either big or little puffs of terpine rich-Cheesy goodness at will. Before posting this I looked to see if any of the sponsors had these ceramic doughnut things. It was an impulse buy. I don't know how thorough I was but they are kind of a new thing and I didn't find any. If I did I would give y'all a pointer.

Good grief. It tastes really good and I'm stoned to the bone...

Back
Top Bottom