Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In High Brix

Flower girls

Malawi. This cutting has been under 11/13 lighting since she was bagged for cloning. She started throwing pistols on 5/31 so 45 days of flower. She'll go at least that much still before she's finished. There are a bit of discoloration on the leaves and they were starting to taco. I added recharge, ewc, and epsoms earlier this week and followed up with another dose of epsoms. The tacoing has diminished but the coloration on the edges is still there. I'm sure the real issue is that she's in a tiny pot, but I'm trying my best to keep her happy in it. It seems silly to transplant her when she isn't going to get any bigger than she is now. Any suggestions are appreciated. Oh, rh is 60-70 and temps are 73-82. Again, a bit high on both, but I can't do more to bring either down in that space.

420-magazine-mobile1099352460.jpg
420-magazine-mobile239479022.jpg
420-magazine-mobile731753003.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1868174154.jpg

Zamedelica Thai pheno. 89 days flower. She started flowering on 4/18. She got recharge and ewc on 5/21 and again on 6/10 along with epsoms salt semi regularly since the first recharge. She's fox tailing like mad. It's neat to see how they continue to grow upwards after the bud has bent over, so that the bud is growing sideways in a sense. The prior two grows of this cut went dry and looked almost dead at 60 and 72 days, so I feel like I'm doing a much better job this time. I did let her get to dry last week but she's recovered nicely. Almost 13 weeks now and she looks like she very well could go another 3-4 weeks I'm thinking, maybe even longer. This is unknown territory for me.
420-magazine-mobile1255742313.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1435015504.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1229550982.jpg
420-magazine-mobile147585197.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1821957447.jpg
420-magazine-mobile603906140.jpg

That's it for today's gardening.

Peace

Hey Morglie...how you doin my brotha!! loks like your havin fun tryin some girls outside....must be nice . Like your variety of strains too.
Nice LSTing job too bud...:thumb:
Have a great Sunday Morglie...bin a while since we had a chat...glad your doing well sir! ...:thumb::high-five:

I'm really liking growing outside, just wish I didn't have to go stealth. They would do so much better with better lighting than they are getting in some cases.

I've really been working on training that girl in veg. I want to finally grow a decent yielding plant. It helps that this should be the most potent bud I've ever had. I really want to maximize my quality and yield on her. Need to start upping my game.

Thanks for the compliments and stopping in Duggs.

Veg room. I took a cutting from my Malawi. Once it roots and is in soil I'll throw the mother into flower. This is by far the best trained plant I've grown. I've been doing some stem spinning and super cropping to keep the canopy even and build nice strong branches. I was spreading her limbs out the other day and split the stem right near the base. I wrapped a skinny piece of duct tape around it and it hasn't missed a beat. I even broke a top mostly through trying to super crop it and it still is the leading top. This girl is tough. She smells almost as strong as the girls in flower. Watching the cut I put of her into flower really has me excited to see how the mother does. This is also one of the few F1 Malawi seeds I made with my second grow of my purple Malawi cut. The pollen didn't end up being very viable but I think I got 6 or 7 seeds from her.

420-magazine-mobile1893695499.jpg

And coming up the flower girls.....

I'm really liking growing outside, just wish I didn't have to go stealth. They would do so much better with better lighting than they are getting in some cases.

I've really been working on training that girl in veg. I want to finally grow a decent yielding plant. It helps that this should be the most potent bud I've ever had. I really want to maximize my quality and yield on her. Need to start upping my game.

Thanks for the compliments and stopping in Duggs.

I think you are probably being very wise by carefully training the Malawi. I was very tempted by it, but it just seemed like a plant that could get out of control.
I chose a Guawi instead. I'm hoping for some of the Malawi goodness with less wildness in her :)

I checked on the outside girls today. Both snow moon are showing pistols so all of them are girls. They all got leaf wash, brix and way ahead this morning while I was checking on them. Hopefully the leaf wash mixes ok with brix and way ahead. After dealing with poison oak for the last week and a half I'm trying to limit my visits to the girls.
. . .

420-magazine-mobile1127645317.jpg

There is still a bit of it soil around the root base of all of them which is why I'm hitting them with brix and way ahead. I don't know how much good it's doing, but since I'm still on my initial kit bottle of brix and I'm already almost halfway through the GE and transplant from my bulk purchase, without even touching the brix I got with that purchase I feel like I've got a bit extra to spare, just in case it is beneficial.

On to the next girls...

Soil and poison oak around that plant.

Are you familiar with Jewelweed? Orange snapdragon-looking flowers with seedpods that explode when ripe and you touch the base. Also known as touch-me-not because of the exploding seed cases. I have had very good luck with poison ivy by snapping off a juicy branch and using it to scratch the places that ich. It is a systemic treatment that chases down the poison in your bloodstream.

I don't get a reaction to poison oak, so I can't personally testify to it's effectiveness, but it's worth trying. Jewelweed seems to like growing in sunny areas and ditches alongside gravel roads,

Soil and poison oak around that plant.

Are you familiar with Jewelweed? Orange snapdragon-looking flowers with seedpods that explode when ripe and you touch the base. Also known as touch-me-not because of the exploding seed cases. I have had very good luck with poison ivy by snapping off a juicy branch and using it to scratch the places that ich. It is a systemic treatment that chases down the poison in your bloodstream.

I don't get a reaction to poison oak, so I can't personally testify to it's effectiveness, but it's worth trying. Jewelweed seems to like growing in sunny areas and ditches alongside gravel roads,
Thank you. I actually just learned about Jewelweed last fall after I had dealt with poison ivy. I found several bushes growing around my property. It's not blossoming at the moment unfortunately, I'll have to see if the leaves do anything if/when I get it again. I'm assuming it's poison oak as I have a lot of it around and this was significantly worse than poison ivy normally affects me. The main problem this time was that I had been dealing with lots of insect bites, so when I started itching again, I wasn't worried about scratching and spreading it, until I realized what it was a couple of days later after the damage was done.

It's amazing how plants like that seem to grow nearby each other. Just another sign of the symbiotic nature of nature.

I think you are probably being very wise by carefully training the Malawi. I was very tempted by it, but it just seemed like a plant that could get out of control.
I chose a Guawi instead. I'm hoping for some of the Malawi goodness with less wildness in her :)
She's looking great right now, my concern is that she's getting close to being root bound in a 5 gallon bucket, which means she's probably going to go ape shit when I flip her. I'll probably end up with a 6 foot plus plant by the time stretch stops.

She's looking great right now, my concern is that she's getting close to being root bound in a 5 gallon bucket, which means she's probably going to go ape shit when I flip her. I'll probably end up with a 6 foot plus plant by the time stretch stops.

Morglie...get that bitch in a decent pot for her to finish properly....waddya doin...5 gal's. is NOT big enough!:wood:
Have an awesome night Morglie!:high-five:

Morglie...get that bitch in a decent pot for her to finish properly....waddya doin...5 gal's. is NOT big enough!:wood:
Have an awesome night Morglie!:high-five:
I'm trying to keep from growing a tree. I have 2 genetic 300 watt LED blurples to flower with at the moment. There's a light upgrade in my near future, but that's a couple of months off yet. I may throw it in my 18 gallon tote and hang my t12 fixture back up. I'll have to see. I need to get it into flower soon.

I'm trying to keep from growing a tree. I have 2 genetic 300 watt LED blurples to flower with at the moment. There's a light upgrade in my near future, but that's a couple of months off yet. I may throw it in my 18 gallon tote and hang my t12 fixture back up. I'll have to see. I need to get it into flower soon.

Hey , Morglie,... i have lites you can have,...that other guy a few months back, never came for them...WTF eh.
Question is...how can we make it happen....I have one of each of these for you.....250 W CMH, 400W, CMH, 400W HPS, with two brand new reflectors,...just sitting around...FFS's. Waddaya thinkin.....?
You need to get that girl in that tote,...fill it up!! Give her as much fu...n light as you can ,..and still be at good temps. Let me know asap!
Cheers bud!

Hey , Morglie,... i have lites you can have,...that other guy a few months back, never came for them...WTF eh.
Question is...how can we make it happen....I have one of each of these for you.....250 W CMH, 400W, CMH, 400W HPS, with two brand new reflectors,...just sitting around...FFS's. Waddaya thinkin.....?
You need to get that girl in that tote,...fill it up!! Give her as much fu...n light as you can ,..and still be at good temps. Let me know asap!
Cheers bud!
There's a light upgrade in my distant future. But that's about two months off. I've been eyeing cobs but shiggity has me thinking elsewise. I can't do anything that generates much heat in my current flower room, and once I switch rooms I'll have the cash to upgrade lights. I really appreciate the offer, but I don't think it'll work with my current set up. I run in the low 80s with my rh around 60-70. And this is with all my supplemental lighting off. I think I am going to start her flowering in a week or two when I get a cutting from her to root. Maybe even slap her into that 18 gallon. I might need some help keeping her in check.

Duggan, you should be happy. I just up potted my veg girl into an 18 gallon tote and gave her a good drink of GE and some destress, then plopped her into 11/13. I'm going to have to move her midway through flower, but I don't think it should be to bad as long as I let her dry out a bit beforehand. I trimmed up her skirt after I took her picture and I forgot to get an after shot until she was buried in flower, so you have to use your imagination. I kept a handful of cuttings in water, in case something happens to my cutting of her I'm rooting.

420-magazine-mobile1347988861.jpg

Zamedelica. Foxtail madness. I'm pushing her, I think I can keep her alive another week. Day 94 of flower.
420-magazine-mobile1526696602.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1837725883.jpg
420-magazine-mobile709119287.jpg

My little girl is starting to have issues. I've been giving her epsoms as soon as she started to show discoloration on the edges of the leaves and slight tacoing. She's getting a fade in her lower leaves and even has some partial leaf lightening, which is a deficiency of some sort. I just need to figure out which. She got destress and GE which also helped water in the last treatment of epsoms better. She is 51 days into flower and should go 91 at least. This is a cutting from the one I put into the tote. I'm imagining her with each one of her tops being like this cola..... I've started training her harder since this cutting started to show its potential.
420-magazine-mobile1696317991.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1824766585.jpg
420-magazine-mobile455124203.jpg

That's it for the show tonight.

Peace!

I can only run the two led in there now or it will hit 90. Early to mid September she'll be moving to my new flower room and get to finish under better lighting. I was going to hold off on flipping her until then, but if she got much bigger I would have had to take the hedge trimmers to her. She has leaf burn from growing into my cfls in my veg area. You'll definitely get to see her all fattened up. Hopefully she doesn't 'desfran' on me. Or I may still need to take the hedge trimmers to her.

Hey Morglie,..mornin to ya bud! Ya eh , i hope she doesn't "Desfran" on ya either...:thedoubletake:Those were nightmare's to grow...not to mention two of the four had NO resin development and i wound up tossing out about a pound cuz there wasn't even enough to run it thru my bags..there was just no resin...the weirdest thing. never recommend the strain ....even the two that turned out were nothing special. Have a great Sat. bud!:high-five:

While I had the girls out for brix today I notice boytris starting on my Zamedelica so she got cut and washed today and hung for a brief dry. She'll get trimmed and put in jars with screening over it in the fridge tomorrow, where she'll spend the next couple of weeks. I washed all the buds in 3 buckets. H2o2, baking soda and lemon juice, then plain water. All the buds that were showing any brown were cut off. I'm currently testing some of those trimmings and I'm feeling excited about this plant. This is the third time I've grown this cut. Both times prior it hit a point where the last of the leaves shriveled up and when I cut it a few days later, the buds looked like they were starting to dry on the plant. That happened at 60 and then 72 days respectively. This time it was just too the point of that and it's gone 96 days, so almost 14 weeks. This is my last run of this cut but I feel like I've learned quite a bit. It is not the easiest plant to grow. It's very gangly and floppy. I've kept it going because it's the rare pheno I was looking for out of Zamedelica. So far it hasn't lived up to the expectation, but it's an 11-14 week strain and this pheno is supposed to be a long flowerer. So I'm going under the assumption that it's not what I expected because I cut it early the prior two times. While I was scanning it for brown areas, I noticed that it really does look done. There's no amber in the trics but they are all cloudy, and the buds and pistols all look ready and feel much firmer and denser than I was expecting it to.
420-magazine-mobile142442380.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1208312258.jpg

The harvest hanging in the barn.
420-magazine-mobile587182376.jpg

I want to show some pictures of these buds where the rot was starting for people because it can be deceiving. The white patch of what looks like resin is where the issue is.
420-magazine-mobile1738980307.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1287842455.jpg

Once washed you can see the brown. I'm having trouble showing the color with the lighting but the little piece is brown.
420-magazine-mobile1144091959.jpg

This is all I lost on the plant, and this will still be mostly smokable. There's only little spots on these buds. I just don't want to mix it with the good stuff.
420-magazine-mobile1935180640.jpg

The little Malawi is chugging along. 53 days flower. She ate her bottom leaves and is starting to chew through the second set.
420-magazine-mobile274756178.jpg
420-magazine-mobile324395140.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1611447634.jpg

I'm picturing all the tops on her mother budding the same way. Sorry about the blurple picture but she's in there and not getting pulled out again until she gets moved. She is very happy to be under the led. She was praying to the lights this morning when I went in there.
420-magazine-mobile1845522095.jpg

Have a good one guys. Purple Malawi with some fresh harvest zamB mixed in, is in the pipe now. Weeee!

I had a different pheno of zamadelica. It finished in 11 weeks. It was potent and the buzz was all in the face and head. I wasn't a big fan. I wanted the trippy thai pheno but wasn't going to keep running seeds looking for it when I didn't care for the other one. It made great edibles though. The Malawi is looking really good.

Smoking on some Zamedelica today after work.

I like Zamedelica, but it's nothing like I was expecting. I get a nice, all over euphoric feeling and it stops all the side chatter going on in my head. Very good strain to smoke after work when I just want to veg but don't want to get dragged down with an indica buzz. There's none of the electric, racey, 'Jane get me off this crazy thing!' I was expecting, though. It's just chill and listen to the birds sing.

I haven't tried it yet, but this very well might end up being a great strain for jamming after all. The purple Malawi has been my go to for music so far since I've been growing. It gets you to that place where you can't think, all you can do is hang on. This zam isn't as potent, so you have to smoke a bit more of it, but it gets my head right where I want it. Empty of any side chatter, and what thoughts are there, feel very slow and deliberate. I.e. It should be easy to lay back into the groove instead of rushing like speedy strains can do. I think I may have to take a J of this to practice next time along with the purp.

Has anyone heard of a strain called t13? I've smoked it a couple of times with a friend and it's triggering nostalgia in a big way. It's a very clear headed, energizing sativa buzz with a floral taste. There's a flavor at the end in the nose that I can only describe as pink, and that is the part that is triggering the déjà vu. I thought it might be a cross using g13, but this is pretty much pure sativa. Very good productive strain and I want to grow it.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom