Panama, Hydro Flood & Drain By Gwhunran 2022

Panama
Day 0 of flip.
Light timer set to 11.5/13.5 starting today.

Everything running normally. Set up CO2 line with bubbler for later use.

At the time I bought these seeds, ACE's recommendation for flipping when growing indoors was two weeks. Their current info doesn't mention this. They also don't mention 100 days of flowering as they once did. So I am flipping earlier than I've ever done before. Let's hope I made the right choice. They also mentioned going easy on N, now they don't.

Panama Day 0 flip (1).JPG

Panama, Day 0 of flip.

Panama Day 0 flip (2).JPG

Panama, Day 0 of flip. Front plant.

Panama Day 0 flip (3).JPG

Panama, Day 0 of flip. Center Left.

Panama Day 0 flip (4).JPG

Panama, Day 0 of flip. Center Right.

Panama Day 0 flip (5).JPG

Panama, Day 0 of flip.

@gwhunran

Interesting about the two weeks to flip. The photo below was day 2 of flip, after a 44 day veg, of the Panama photo-period I harvested. The 100 day flowering period is about right, depending on trichomes.
F-2-2.JPG

This was a single plant.
The plants are 20 days from sprout. I had decided to flip when they touched the screen. We will see what they do. I intend to tie them down as long as possible. How long do you think I have before the buds start to get in the way of tying them down? The Hawaii Maui Waui I grew was supposed to be a lanky plant with wide node spacing during stretch. Ended up being a short bushy plant and I couldn't fill the screen before the buds got sticky and too big.

I continue to weight train for a couple of weeks into flower. I do not tie down but you should be OK two or three weeks in. Once I get the spread I want, I put in the screen and let her grow vertically. I move the weights toward the main stalk as the flowers get larger.
My current grow (photo below) is an auto which has ben in full flower for a week. She is still weighted to expose as many bud sites as possible. I will be putting the screen in next weekend.
J22D29F7-1.JPG

It looks a little bit chaotic but she is not being allowed to grow vertically for more than a few hours before I move the weights.

I am also removing 30 - 50 leaves a day rom the upper portions.

You will need those fans for sure to keep enough air flow. I usually end up with the stalks packed closer together than ideal. I remove leaves to allow light to the bud sights and I'll remove foliage higher up if the stalks get too tall for light to get to the lower buds. I have zero experience with autos.

@gwhunran

Interesting about the two weeks to flip. The photo below was day 2 of flip, after a 44 day veg, of the Panama photo-period I harvested. The 100 day flowering period is about right, depending on trichomes.
F-2-2.JPG

This was a single plant.
Did you run into any unusual nute issues with the photoperiod? Particularly the nitrogen sensitivity. ACE's current statements are they need a lot of nutes in late bloom with no mention of sensitivities.

Panama
Day 0 of flip.
Light timer set to 11.5/13.5 starting today.

Everything running normally. Set up CO2 line with bubbler for later use.

At the time I bought these seeds, ACE's recommendation for flipping when growing indoors was two weeks. Their current info doesn't mention this. They also don't mention 100 days of flowering as they once did. So I am flipping earlier than I've ever done before. Let's hope I made the right choice. They also mentioned going easy on N, now they don't.

Panama Day 0 flip (1).JPG

Panama, Day 0 of flip.

Panama Day 0 flip (2).JPG

Panama, Day 0 of flip. Front plant.

Panama Day 0 flip (3).JPG

Panama, Day 0 of flip. Center Left.

Panama Day 0 flip (4).JPG

Panama, Day 0 of flip. Center Right.

Panama Day 0 flip (5).JPG

Panama, Day 0 of flip.
Looks like your set and ready for the show.... I've never used the netting before, is this your first time ?

They're looking nice great job so far gwhunran

Looks like your set and ready for the show.... I've never used the netting before, is this your first time ?

They're looking nice great job so far gwhunran
I always use a screen, and I've changed the type a few times in the last ten years. The last few grows have been with this type. A piece of metal fencing. I have the same in both rooms. It's pretty rigid so I can tie limbs down to it and have them stay put. I can't reach the back too well so I have to do more tucking. It's a little bit of a pain to remove the pipe cleaner tie downs but I'm reusing them again on this grow and the Headroom Incident. Ideally I'll fill it to the point that no light gets below the screen and the tray and reservoir are completely shaded. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Did you run into any unusual nute issues with the photoperiod? Particularly the nitrogen sensitivity. ACE's current statements are they need a lot of nutes in late bloom with no mention of sensitivities.
I ran into a pH issue as the plant went from veg to flower. The pH would drop dramatically (1 - 1.5) daily. I found that using powdered pH Up was far more stable for hydro. This stabilized after two or three weeks.
I consistently ran 1200 - 1400 ppm (500 scale) with no signs of nute burn. I always used monosilicic acid and CalMag as additives.

I always use a screen, and I've changed the type a few times in the last ten years. The last few grows have been with this type. A piece of metal fencing. I have the same in both rooms. It's pretty rigid so I can tie limbs down to it and have them stay put. I can't reach the back too well so I have to do more tucking. It's a little bit of a pain to remove the pipe cleaner tie downs but I'm reusing them again on this grow and the Headroom Incident. Ideally I'll fill it to the point that no light gets below the screen and the tray and reservoir are completely shaded. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I like the idea of the screen to help keep an even canopy but I also love moving my plants around and rotating them to get both kinds of light in my space (yellow led and blurple)..... So I don't think I can do both lol.

I ran into a pH issue as the plant went from veg to flower. The pH would drop dramatically (1 - 1.5) daily. I found that using powdered pH Up was far more stable for hydro. This stabilized after two or three weeks.
I consistently ran 1200 - 1400 ppm (500 scale) with no signs of nute burn. I always used monosilicic acid and CalMag as additives.
I've been using liquid PH up this season. I seemed to get by in previous seasons without it. I would need PH down in veg and just my daily res top up of 8+ PH hard tap water would keep it in range in flower. I did use less PH down in my res. changes when in flower.
I don't measure for nute strength. I just follow the recommendations from GH for 18 gal. and change it once a week unless the plants are very small. I use CalMag+ and KoolBloom in flower as additives.

Panama
Day 4 since flip

Everything running normally in the room.

The light was raised to 26 inches above the screen. Power level set to 400w out of 600w. Measured 44k lux at screen.

Panama Day 4 flower (1).JPG

Panama, Day 4 since flip.

Panama Day 4 flower (2).JPG

Panama Day 4 flower.JPG

Panama
Day 6 since flip

Morning check, everything normal.

The dominate tops have been bent over and tied down, facing rearward. I'll try and spread them out and tie them down as much as possible. No signs of pistils yet to my my old eyes.

Panama Day 6 flower (1).JPG

Panama, Day 6 flower

Panama Day 6 flower (2).JPG

Panama, Day 6 flower

Panama Day 6 flower (3).JPG

Panama, Day 6 flower

Panama
Day 8 since flip

Added CO2 bucket yesterday. They usually bubble for about 5 days.

Tying down branches. I will be doing a lot more tying down soon.

Panama Day 8 flower (1).JPG

Panama, Day 8 flower

Panama Day 8 flower (2).JPG

Panama, Day 8 flower

Panama
Day 10 since flip

Reservoir change day. No obvious pistils yet.
100% recommended amounts of GH 3 part liquid nutes for 18 gal in Late Growth. PHed to 5.5-6.0, 60ml CalMag+

Light power and height unchanged

Plants are still easy to manipulate on screen as blooming hasn't started.

Panama Day 10 flower (1).JPG

Panama, Day 10 flower

Panama Day 10 flower (4).JPG

Panama, Day 10 flower

Panama Day 10 flower (2).JPG

Panama, Day 10 flower

Panama
Day 12 since flip

Still tying down branches. No sign of pistils yet.

Panama Day 12 flower (1).JPG

Panama, Day 12 since flip

Panama Day 12 flower (2).JPG
Panama Day 12 flower (3).JPG

Panama, Day 12 since flip

I cleaned up some of the growth below the screen but took the picture before. :rolleyes:

Panama
Day 14 since flip

Afternoon check. Everything normal.
Added a small amount of PH up to keep in range.
Still tying limbs down. I broke a few today, but in the grand scheme of things, I don't think the plant will miss them.

Still not showing pistils.

Panama Day 14 flower (1).JPG

Panama, Day 14 flower

Panama Day 14 flower (2).JPG
Panama, Day 14 flower

Panama Day 14 flower (3).JPG

Panama, Day 14 flower

Panama
Day 16 since flip.

Afternoon check, everything normal.

Still tying down.

Plants showing pistils.

Res. change tomorrow.

Panama Day 16 flower (1).JPG

Panama, Day 16 flower. First day noticed pistils.

Panama Day 16 flower (2).JPG

Panama Day 16 flower (3).JPG

Back
Top Bottom