Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In High Brix

I was looking at the outdoor girls this evening. Much brighter than the last time I was out. The Malawi I thought had gotten eaten was only trampled down. I found it laying down in the surrounding weeds. I just pulled it back up and pulled the weeds that were tangled up in her and she stood right back up. Both of them are significantly lighter green than when I put them out, but they both seem healthy (especially for one of them being trampled into weeds, parallel to the ground for days) both are around 3ft tall now.

From what I was seeing in another thread, it looks like my PPP is going to continue to flower. Maybe I'll get decent sized colas on her for once if she keeps flowering all the way into October.

The Afghani continue to grow and dare I say, are the greenest of the bunch.

Peace

The Panama and Malawi phenos of my ZaPa strain got cut saturday. I trimmed and jarred them last night for the slow and low in the fridge. I'm giving it a bit more time to dry this time before I jar them. The last batch is still unsmokable unless you torch it or mix it 50/50 with something else.

A pic of the top bud from the Panama pheno.
420-magazine-mobile606136041.jpg

It has a nice mix of the citric smell from Zamedelica with the leathery herbalness of Panama mixed in. There's a sticky sweet smell as well that is from Panama. The afghani I've grown reek of it. I've not been able to figure out the terpene it is, but I can't get enough of that smell.

The ppp I put outside is still flowering away. I'm thinking I'll cut it in a few weeks. Which should put me at a plant harvested every week for the next 6. Granted, one is tiny, but it still makes me happy to see the influx of bud.

The outdoor girls.
Afghani x2
420-magazine-mobile988201770.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2034152339.jpg

Malawi purple pheno. The second one is the one that got trampled and laid in the weeds for several days. Beyond the stem curving to the side 4 inches at the base, she looks unharmed.
420-magazine-mobile1533971261.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1710787870.jpg

Pure power plant. This one started throwing pistols and is in a spot with almost no direct light I've discovered. I opened it up a smidge, but there's really nothing I can do that wouldn't be fairly blatant. She'll be an early harvest. Really light buds, but they are starting to thicken up. Inside I'd say she has another 3-4 weeks tops. We'll see how she does outdoors. At least it'll be a nice comparison. I've grown this cut through my progression of learning to grow, in the kit, plus with OG drench method, and lastly, outdoors.
420-magazine-mobile35911738.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1201430738.jpg

Peace

Nice pictures. I want to take a walk among those trees :)
Thank you. I have around 5 acres of meadow land with wooded area around the edges. I have paths cut all around back there. Lots of places for kids to hide and explore, and plenty of room for the adults to take walks. I just got my sky chair hung in the grove in the back, yesterday. A good relaxing spot.

A couple of bud shots while I had the girls out for their weekly pest management spray. Spinosad this week again. I swap in neem every few weeks to mix up treatments.

Candy
420-magazine-mobile1185901173.jpg

Zamedelica
420-magazine-mobile245923448.jpg

On another note, I figured out how to time some new plants with the room swap. Although, I think I really just wanted a chance to pop these beans.
420-magazine-mobile1340295096.jpg

Early bubba hash, Pakistani chitral kush x erdpurt, snow moon, and pink Malawi x mepetit (cbd strain testers). All Ace seeds and indica except the cbd strain.

The pink Malawi is a rare selection someone made from Ace's Malawi line. The mepetit I believe is dancehall mepetit, which is a high cbd plant that tropical seed company uses for their cbd strains. One of their descriptions lists it as a 60 indica / 40 sativa. So this one should be fairly sativa leaning. Both plants I've seen journals of were hybrid to mostly sativa, so we'll see.

Peace

It's a nice place. We've been here for about a year and a half and have lots of plans that are slowly coming along. It's a lot of work but so worth it.

I spent several months putting in paths in a neglected woods (17 acres that belonged to other people, mostly a border area to a car wrecking yard.) Some of it was chainsaw work, but it was worth it :)

On another note, I figured out how to time some new plants with the room swap. Although, I think I really just wanted a chance to pop these beans.
420-magazine-mobile1340295096.jpg

Early bubba hash, Pakistani chitral kush x erdpurt, snow moon, and pink Malawi x mepetit (cbd strain testers). All Ace seeds and indica except the cbd strain.

The pink Malawi is a rare selection someone made from Ace's Malawi line. The mepetit I believe is dancehall mepetit, which is a high cbd plant that tropical seed company uses for their cbd strains. One of their descriptions lists it as a 60 indica / 40 sativa. So this one should be fairly sativa leaning. Both plants I've seen journals of were hybrid to mostly sativa, so we'll see.

Peace

Malawi and Dance Hall are the two strains that most grabbed my imagination in the last year.

I'm looking forward to the Guawi (Guatemalan Tikal x Malawi) that I dropped into water yesterday.

The Ace Mix (freebie) I am growing now looks to be my biggest yielder ever, and the Delicatesen Lilly is large and frosty. I'm very happy with Ace seeds so far.

Malawi and Dance Hall are the two strains that most grabbed my imagination in the last year.

I'm looking forward to the Guawi (Guatemalan Tikal x Malawi) that I dropped into water yesterday.

The Ace Mix (freebie) I am growing now looks to be my biggest yielder ever, and the Delicatesen Lilly is large and frosty. I'm very happy with Ace seeds so far.

I was considering getting guawi my last seed order. I ended up going full indica because I was feeling fairly covered on sativas for the time being. Now I'm wishing I had picked up Kali Mist. That one really intrigues me.

I'm trying to collect some of the more diverse varieties around. I don't want something like everyone else has. I want unique genetics to work with.

Malawi caught my eye pretty quickly when I first started looking at seeds online. It's the reason I started looking at Ace's selection. And I'm about to have a bunch of Malawi F1s... 😁

I'm interested to know what strain the Ace mix is. What does it smell like?

I'm interested to know what strain the Ace mix is. What does it smell like?

The Ace Mix is in a room with 4 other strains - it smells like aroma soup in there. She is tall and wide with large buds too heavy for her branches.The buds are tied to the ceiling, so she won't come out until harvest day (sometime in June.) Her yield will be large, but she's a little less than average frosty. I'm guessing a 10 week near pure Sativa strain.

This year, the Delicatessen Lilly and the 3 ACE seeds are my first 'high end' strains.

Using Doc Bud's kit, my AK47 extreme hits like a sativa for the first time.

Ministry of Cannabis Carnival is looking like a keeper.

Everuything together has resulted in a real jump up in quality from my previous grows. It's a good feeling :)

Brix day for the girls, so I snapped a few pics while they're out.

ZaPa Malawi leaning top 109 days. I left this one go when I cut the plant I broke her off of a couple of weeks ago. I figured it would be about time. The base plant hadn't had any new pistols in a week when I cut her at 95 days. She's at 109 days now and still throwing pistols and foxtailing, so she got a reprieve. Until next week, or maybe two. Who knows. I'm going to try and keep her going until there's no new pistol growth.
420-magazine-mobile1687628162.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1878989958.jpg

Malawi D1 day 17. Cutting I put into flower to sex it. This started out the same size as the ZaPa above, so I should get at least a quarter Z to sample off her. Very happy plant. Let's see if I can keep her that way in a 1 gallon pot using the kit. I know it's not recommended, but I like the challenge non the less. I think I've done pretty decent in small pots.
420-magazine-mobile864875972.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1815336017.jpg

The mother of the Malawi cutting. I'm trying to get a nice even canopy on her using topping and lst, but without tying her down. She's got nice fiberglass stems on her.
420-magazine-mobile389250432.jpg
420-magazine-mobile460405066.jpg

Zamedelica day 60. She seems to be holding up better than my previous grows of her. She seemed to like the super drench, ewc, and recharge I gave her last week. Thanks for the tip Neiko! Her leaves are tacoing pretty bad. Gave her epsoms lightly watered in and added snake oil to the brix. Hopefully it's not too bad. Part of it could be heat related. The flower room is sitting at 81-82 now that I've turned off my side lighting. It was starting to hit 86. It's that time of year again. The buds all look very happy throwing pistols.
420-magazine-mobile1572111696.jpg
420-magazine-mobile571694805.jpg

Candy day 47. Her pistols started turning brown and she's putting on some nice frost. My wife helped me put the tomato cage on her last week and got all sticky in the process. This thing seems to be happy pushing resin. Should be a nice mix with the Malawi I hit her with.
420-magazine-mobile200662048.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1023116672.jpg

Purple Malawi in veg. I'm trying to keep this thing a manageable size in my veg room while she bushes out. She's taller than my lights so she sits to the side of the cfls and gets turned daily. She's slowly starting to fill in. I cut her three tallest tops this week. I figured, why not, cut them for clones, coated there stems with aloe, and stuck them in a pot of 4th run soil and put it in flower. One of them still looks nice and happy. I culled the other two.
420-magazine-mobile1151640696.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1158226069.jpg
420-magazine-mobile58734927.jpg

I just realized I forgot to get pics of the purple Malawi in flower day 60. She's still struggling along but not doing a lot. At this point I'm looking at her as just a good source of F1s. She'll be getting cats alternating with water from here out. I noticed her buds haven't turned purple. It has been fairly warm in flower lately. My prior plants I could get nights down around 70.

And I've been busy popping some new seeds. The Ace's continue to reign.

Early bubba hash fem x2. The biggest ones of the group. They started quick and are on a mission to outgrow everyone else.
420-magazine-mobile327329095.jpg

Pakistani chitral kush x erdpurt fem. Only one came up so I replaced her with an afghani x Panama reg. An F1 I made using the first Panama male I had. Same one used for the ZaPa cross.
420-magazine-mobile1261398345.jpg

Snow moon reg x2. If one of these is a male I'm dusting each strain with her. And a purple Malawi. If it's the pck side in the male it should reinforce the purple buds in the off spring. :slide:
420-magazine-mobile1081489056.jpg

Pink Malawi x mepetit fem x2. The mepetit is the same cut that tropical seed company uses for all their CBD strains. Just researched this again and realized it's actually a cross made by a breeder for tropical seeds. Ace has them to distribute as testers as it includes a rare pink pistoled Malawi from Ace's line. This is a 50/50 hybrid that should have a decent amount of cbd in it.
420-magazine-mobile2063378625.jpg

Well, that's all I've got today. Have a good one guys.

Hey Morglie , Rad, and friends. Top of the day to you guys! Rad, i think you will really like the Lilly from Delicatessen. The buzz from her is quite nice,...just a good all round , fast blooming Sativa. Can't wait for you to try it and give a smoke report.
Morglie , about the Kali Mist. yes, have experience with it. Grew it out twice , once from seed, then from cuttings. Still a fav. to this day , but i have learned that those seeds from Simon at Serious were the old stock , original mothers and that he was later raided and lost them all. These newer versions of KM are not as good , so i hear. Would love for someone to try a few of the new ones , just to see.
It was a very , very racey weed, it's been compared to doing speed , it's that racey. Not for someone prone to panic attacks , for sure!
It was extremely potent ,very tasty , well over 20% THC and nearly 100% Sativa. Anyhow , just my 2 on the Kali! Have a great weekend you guys!:high-five:

I grew Medical Seeds' Y Griega and that's half Kali Mist from the original cut. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's been tested at 27% and mine had to be close to that - a strong accelerating rush - very very nice. :cheesygrinsmiley: I recommend it very highly - one of my favorites so far. I'm definitely going to run it again!

Hey Morglie , Rad, and friends. Top of the day to you guys! Rad, i think you will really like the Lilly from Delicatessen. The buzz from her is quite nice,...just a good all round , fast blooming Sativa. Can't wait for you to try it and give a smoke report.
Morglie , about the Kali Mist. yes, have experience with it. Grew it out twice , once from seed, then from cuttings. Still a fav. to this day , but i have learned that those seeds from Simon at Serious were the old stock , original mothers and that he was later raided and lost them all. These newer versions of KM are not as good , so i hear. Would love for someone to try a few of the new ones , just to see.
It was a very , very racey weed, it's been compared to doing speed , it's that racey. Not for someone prone to panic attacks , for sure!
It was extremely potent ,very tasty , well over 20% THC and nearly 100% Sativa. Anyhow , just my 2 on the Kali! Have a great weekend you guys!:high-five:

I actually was meaning kali China and wasn't thinking. It has the old cut of kali mist in it, crossed with China Yunnan which is a landrace that has both sativa and indica characteristics. It's supposed to have a very refined, creamy taste to it. It's been only though, so I've skipped it in the past. Fem seeds can get a bit on the pricy side. Now that I'm getting a good mix of sativa and indica going, it seems like it'll be a nice addition.

On the raciness, I've had a few of those already. I love them, but it definitely pointed out the need for a good late night stone strain, hence, all the indica popping. This candy works pretty well though. Nice relaxing stone without putting you out.

Thanks for stopping by Duggs and Graytail.

This is about a close to a smoke report as you will get out of me :) - copied from my grow journal.

Harvest Report - Lilly

Delicatessen Seeds "Lilly" Is a mostly Sativa mix of about 75% Congo (75% African Congo Sativa x 25% Pakistani Chitral Indica) crossed with La Reunion Sativa.

La Reunion is an ancient trading island (about the size of Oahu) off the coast of Madagascar (Madagascar is off the East Coast of Africa.) La Reunion's largest native land animal is an 18" Rainbow Chameleon. Don't you just love an exotic story for a plant?

I took too strong hits off of Lilly at 9:30 PM. At 10:00PM I was having trouble not yelling like a drunk as I took a walk to look at lightning bugs. At 10:30 PM I was concentrating on the intracacies of playing solitaire on my phone while sitting on the porch listening to the sounds of the wind and the water fountain. The initial feeling is a classic, energetic, very clear Sativa - but then there was a secondary effect of the poor judgement of Alcohol and the stoner permagrin of Indica. The alcoholic stone wore off after about an hour. The energetic sativa was with me until 2 AM - at which point I suddenly fell asleep sitting up and woke up refreshed and still sitting up at 8 AM.

Fresh off the hang dry, she tastes a bit green, smokes very smooth, and smells almost exactly like smarties candies.

The missus is a high tolerance smoker. She said it was a good sativa, destined to be hoarded stash, bt it's to early too tell what kind of smoke she is.

Total dry weight (including 7g oven dried popcorn) was 3.3 oz (94.5 g)

The wife chose all 5 head nugs for her personal stash.

20170612_151615-1.jpg

One closeup shot of a Lilly nug

20170612_151903-1.jpg

BTW Rado, the best nugs are actually 8-10 inches down from the head nugs. They tend to have fresher terps and THC with the light intensity a bit lower. The big pretty nugs at the top are kinda tired by then. I find them to be harder hitting but kinda "stale" in taste and effect.

Save the tender ones for yourself - grower's choice :;):

:bongrip:

Looking good over here!
I have run Kali China a couple times. There are better ones than the one I got. ACE has Kali China tests into the 20 percentile range. Mine only tested around 12% but you wouldn't know it. These THC numbers don't equate to a good buzz or not. So you might have to take an extra hit or 2 but who cares....the stuff tastes good anyway. The Kali buzz is very soothing. It makes everything feel better. It's not a go getter but it is very nice. It is calming to people prone to anxiety like my wife. That is a go to strain for her, it just takes the weight off her chest. It is one that I would like to do again with the new parental plants. Mine was from the older seed stock. ACE just released a bunch of hybrids with it so they sure do think a lot of it. I can tell you it was a beautiful plant. Very Sturdy, huge leaves. The wife says it looks prehistoric.

This is about a close to a smoke report as you will get out of me :) - copied from my grow journal.
Thank you. It sounds like a nice buzz. The instant falling asleep and waking up hours later still sitting there cracked me up. I've done that a few times.

So energising but a bit narcotic. Kind of like the Panama red I was smoking yesterday. Great buzz for sitting and enjoying the sounds outdoors. I've taken to sitting in a sky chair out back in the evenings, getting a buzz on and listening to the birds chat.

Back
Top Bottom