Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In High Brix

I checked on the outdoor girls yesterday. I amended all of them with 6/5/3 solution. Calcium carbonate/gypsum/soft rock phosphate. Hopefully it helps get them back to a good color. The Afghani have dig in their roots and truthfully, look the happiest of of the outdoor gals. And here I thought they would probably die.

Afghani x2
420-magazine-mobile795418197.jpg
420-magazine-mobile476930299.jpg

Pure power plant. Already budding like mad.
420-magazine-mobile670058855.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1417504884.jpg

Malawi purple pheno x2
420-magazine-mobile534909767.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1648412852.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1570307056.jpg
420-magazine-mobile489081787.jpg

Peace

Harvest day yesterday!

I cut four plants yesterday and took tester cuttings off three others. This is the first time I'm trying slow and low, trimmed and jarred on harvest day.

Delicious candy 57 days
420-magazine-mobile1845321623.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2033247663.jpg

Zamedelica Thai pheno. 80 days. This one dried up on me at 74 days, which is 14 days longer than the last one did, I found when I checked my notes. We'll see if I can grow the last one out better. It's airy but has this great zesty smell to it. I find myself enjoying this scent the most of any plants I've grown.
420-magazine-mobile524281385.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2000341317.jpg

Malawi purple pheno.
420-magazine-mobile1135790115.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1698528803.jpg

I pollinated her with the uniform looking male ZaPa I had. ((((Malawi x Thai)x zamal)x Panama)x Malawi purple) a couple of the seeds are dark like Malawi seeds, while the rest reflect the look of the ZaPa seeds. I wonder if they will grow very Malawi influenced plants. I guess we'll see when I grow them out.
420-magazine-mobile1416543530.jpg

Panama f1. It was put straight into 11/13 to do a test grow. I wish I would have saved a cut of this. It had this great bud structure. Very cool calix swelling. Disregarding the size this was the easiest plant I've trimmed. Perfectly uniform bubsickle.
420-magazine-mobile1227071540.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2080899383.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1888059511.jpg

This was by far the best harvest I've cut at once.
420-magazine-mobile653581324.jpg
420-magazine-mobile138335058.jpg

I have some flash pictures that I'll upload in a separate post.

Peace

Some frostiness going on here.

420-magazine-mobile1110957283.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1530037453.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1411569372.jpg
420-magazine-mobile119886125.jpg
420-magazine-mobile739396409.jpg
420-magazine-mobile478422788.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2026034061.jpg

The testers I took are from each of the ZaPa plants. They are sitting at 10 weeks now. The fans are dropping quickly but it's staying healthier looking than I've been able to keep the mother. I think the Panama influence is helping with that. A couple of days and I'll test them out.

Peace

Hi Morglie,

What is the drying procedure? I've never canned on harvest day before.

DL
I washed like normal, then let them hang for around 6 hours to get the initial drip dry going. Then I trimmed them, jarred them with screening in the lid, then put them in my fridge which runs 50rh and 50f. At least once a day I'm shifting the bud around in the jars to keep circulation up. Give them two weeks like this then let them warm up to room temp, cap with a boveda pack and it should be good for long term storage.

I did my last harvest like this but let them hang the normal 4-5 days first. Sue mentioned that she jars hers the same day and didn't have problems with them being to moist. The idea is that it will retain more flavor and smell. I can attest that my previous harvest was very flavorful. It's supposed to improve the potency as well. We'll see when I test the Malawi. That's one I've grown consistently so I have a good baseline for it.

It's a Ziggy technique that I'm hoping I have correct.

I washed like normal, then let them hang for around 6 hours to get the initial drip dry going. Then I trimmed them, jarred them with screening in the lid, then put them in my fridge which runs 50rh and 50f. At least once a day I'm shifting the bud around in the jars to keep circulation up. Give them two weeks like this then let them warm up to room temp, cap with a boveda pack and it should be good for long term storage.

I did my last harvest like this but let them hang the normal 4-5 days first. Sue mentioned that she jars hers the same day and didn't have problems with them being to moist. The idea is that it will retain more flavor and smell. I can attest that my previous harvest was very flavorful. It's supposed to improve the potency as well. We'll see when I test the Malawi. That's one I've grown consistently so I have a good baseline for it.

It's a Ziggy technique that I'm hoping I have correct.

Oh yeah I remember seeing something about this...cool thanks, I'll have to give it a try when I get to harvest again. :)

Great Harvest Morglie! I really got to look into getting the breeders pack of Malawi....that purple pheno is beautiful. The one I have is going to be very special. It's almost like it's a different species of cannabis....it's a buzz unlike anything else I've experienced. I'm going with Golden Tiger and Golden Tiger +'s next run.

I've eyed the breeders packs but they are a bit on the pricy side for me. The Malawi buzz is very distinct. I keep getting this image of a giant hand pushing whatever part I'm moving. For example, I lift something with my hand and that arm feels like something is pushing it and I hardly have to exert any force. I'm not certain if that makes sense. Sampling the Zamedelica leaning pheno today.... Basically, it feels like I'm stronger than normal, like in a lower gravity. I'm also not the most coordinated person in the world, but I feel very much in control of myself as well. I got Zamedelica specifically for when I play music, but I've found Malawi is phenomenal for jamming. I tested the Malawi leaning pheno last night and I could feel that same quality coming through.

I'm going a bit slow through the zam leaning bowl tonight. This stuff has some kick and I need to check on the girls.

Peace

My next purple girl is a bit more pollinated than I had meant her to be. I'll get my wish of having enough Malawi F1s to play with. She doesn't look very happy. She was in 4th run soil in the little half gallons I start clones in, but when she was put in the 5 gallon, that was all first run soil. She's been in soil since 11/11 so I don't know if it's her age, or something else. She also hasn't drank since 4/12 when I up canned her. She's frosty and making me some killer seeds. Hopefully I can get her cats in before she's ready to harvest. As many buds as I see seeded, she's not going to produce that great of bud. I should get at least 40-50 seeds if not a couple hundred. I'll be happy. Lots of seeds for pheno hunting.
420-magazine-mobile1699521355.jpg
420-magazine-mobile282537912.jpg
420-magazine-mobile304922359.jpg

The top I broke off early in flower that rooted for me. It's the Malawi leaning pheno. This thing reaks of very ripe Mango.
420-magazine-mobile1322262515.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1219183751.jpg

Delicious candy swelling up after her first cat on Sunday.
420-magazine-mobile1831640815.jpg

My last attempt at growing out this cut of Zamedelica. 74 days is the record to get her past. 1st run soil as well on her when she was up canned.
420-magazine-mobile564118953.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1916055326.jpg

I've been testing out the two pure power plants just harvested. I grew one with the og drench method.

The one grown normally has a very strong funky smell. Almost like hints of body oder in it.

The one grown with the og drench, epsoms, and blood meal, smells strongly of diesel. I've come to determine from past experiences with sour diesel and this, that there is a terpene in diesel that makes my nose clog up, to the point where I have to take benadryl to breath well enough to fall asleep. I think I'll be skipping that bud even though I love the flavor. Cutting it with another strain 50/50 does make it so I hardly notice any sinus issues, but that kind of defeats the purpose. The buzz is potent but kind of boring for me. I've been smoking it for the flavor.

Now I know. It should be interesting to see if other og drench grown plants do that to me.

Peace

A note on the slow and low cure from harvest. The candy was still smelling very moist yesterday. I spread it all out on my work table for 24 hours. I feel much better about not losing them to mold. This is the only indica of the bunch. The sativa are better, but I think I'm still going to hang first for several days before I jar them next time. I'm skirting to close to losing my harvest this way.

I've eyed the breeders packs but they are a bit on the pricy side for me. The Malawi buzz is very distinct. I keep getting this image of a giant hand pushing whatever part I'm moving. For example, I lift something with my hand and that arm feels like something is pushing it and I hardly have to exert any force. I'm not certain if that makes sense. Sampling the Zamedelica leaning pheno today.... Basically, it feels like I'm stronger than normal, like in a lower gravity. I'm also not the most coordinated person in the world, but I feel very much in control of myself as well. I got Zamedelica specifically for when I play music, but I've found Malawi is phenomenal for jamming. I tested the Malawi leaning pheno last night and I could feel that same quality coming through.

I'm going a bit slow through the zam leaning bowl tonight. This stuff has some kick and I need to check on the girls.

Peace

Good to know, I play guitar, and am always looking for strains that enhance the experience

If you want seeds, you can use straight CAT drench through out bloom. CAT is highly reproductive and is what you want to feed the soil with when growing for seeds. I'd just hit her with CAT's the rest of the way.

This did not even occur to me...your right it is highly reproductive, I'm not making seeds but I'll keep this in mind for the future

Back
Top Bottom