Vanilla Kush, Hydro Flood & Drain, By Gwhunran 2022

I was going to ask about the co2 that's pretty cool. Do you notice an impact on the grow for using it? Isn't it supposed to let you lower the lights? I don't drink either but the brewing and distilling processes are really interesting. I'd say you know what you're doing with this grow, you make it look way easier than it is.

Do you have to worry about ph drift in your res?

If I could do several grows of the same stain, using clones from the same mother, I might be able to answer about the CO2, but I've done it on several grows that turned out fine with big potent flavorful buds.
I've got to ferment every few years just to keep the barrels from drying out.

I have hard water and just use tap water. It's starts out at 8 or above. I always add PH down when changing the res.
In veg., I have to add a small amount of PH down daily to keep it in the 5.5-6.0 range. In flower, PH seems to go down as the week goes by between res. changes and I have been adding PH up to the Hawaii Maui grow almost daily.
But overall my PH is stable. I like keeping it in the target range.

It really isn't that hard to me growing hydroponically.
Once you get it set up and mostly automated.
There hasn't been a year yet, I didn't make some change the next grow. Just seem to figure out things that will work better.
I spend a lot of time thinking about growing marijuana, so there's a lot of hours of that. :hmmmm:
:rolleyes:

I get that, sometimes I think growing is more fun than consuming. There's always something that could be better. My tap is crazy high usually 9.1 or 9.2. I keep meaning to look up what minerals are in it lol. I use it too, I let mine sit a few days to get rid of the flouride since I'm trying to grow organically. I still pH down even though I probably don't need to, I'm just afraid if I stop that it might cause a problem and I'm tired of problems lol.... have a good one!

The poor Hawaii Maui Waui (circled in red) is in the center back and is being completely overwhelmed by the Vanilla Kush. Note the lighter green leaves. I hope it doesn't die. I would pay hell trying to get it out without hurting the others.

VK Day 28 flower (8) marked.jpg

Morning gw! Are they all drinking from the same res? She kinda looks a little N deficient to me but don't take my word for anything lol. I've had plants that have looked worse at this stage, I don't think she's in any danger of not making it. Good luck!
Yes, the same res is feeding all of them. There is a little more to her than is obvious from the picture but she hasn't kept up with the Vanilla Kush. The Hawaii Maui Waui was supposed to be a tall lanky plant and the Vanilla Kush is supposed to be a short plant. :hmmmm::oops:

Vanilla Kush
Day 32 since flip

Everything normal during morning check.
Plants are still growing vigorously with the flowers filling in nicely.
PH+ now being added daily to keep res. 5.5-6.0.

VK Day 32 flower (6).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 32 flower

VK Day 32 flower (7).JPG

VK Day 32 flower (8).JPG

VK Day 32 flower (9).JPG

Morning gw! Looking great as usual :thumb: How's the pale green one doing?
Thanks, The overshadowed Hawaii Maui Waui is still hanging in there. Maybe it will give me some good buds. Her sisters in the other room, will be finishing this week. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Vanilla Kush
Day 33 since flip

Nothing to report. Just taking pics of the girls finishing up in the other tray and took a few of these girls too. They are coming along nicely.

VK Day 33 flower (4).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 33 flower

VK Day 33 flower (2).JPG

VK Day 33 flower (1).JPG

Vanilla Kush
Day 35 since flip

Res. change day
Used 100% of recommended amounts of GH three part liquid nutes for Mid Bloom 18 gal. PHed to 5.5-6.0. Added 30 ml of KoolBloom and 60ml Cal-Mag+.

Light remains at 450w out of 600w, measures 48k lux at canopy.

Plants are building buds well and core area of the buds have a bluish gray tint in the LED light.

VK Day 35 flower (8).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 35 flower

VK Day 35 flower (9).JPG

VK Day 35 flower (10).JPG

VK Day 35 flower (12).JPG

VK Day 35 flower (7).JPG

I love looking at your grow, it looks awesome gw! Looks like you've got some purple buds happening now?
All of the Vanilla Kush buds have bluish gray look at their center. It will be interesting to see if it continues or changes as it grows.

I love looking at your grow, it looks awesome gw! Looks like you've got some purple buds happening now?
I second this.... Every few days I check and each time looks better and better.

I second this.... Every few days I check and each time looks better and better.
Thanks Happy
For many of us, looking at herb growing, is quite pleasurable. Like looking at a fish tank or watching ocean tides roll in and out. :high-five:

Vanilla Kush
Day 39 since flip

Just doing the morning check. No issues. PH dropping, adding PH up daily. Fresh Sour Mash Barley Corn CO2 bucket today. The last one bubbled for a week.

VK Day 39 flower (11).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 39 flower

VK Day 39 flower (8).JPG

VK Day 39 flower (9).JPG

VK Day 39 flower (4).JPG

VK Day 39 flower (6).JPG

VK Day 39 flower (5).JPG

VK Day 39 flower (10).JPG

Morning gw! They look sooooo good! 2nd pic down it looks like the plants to the upper right are a lighter green? I'm not talking about the Maui. Is that just a trick of the light? 4-5 weeks to go by my reckoning, what do you guess your yield will be? Looks like a lot :yahoo:
Thanks Bubba. The plant on the right is the same as the other two. All three are clones from the same mother. It was the biggest of the three. Either the light is hitting different on that side or the CO2 is making the other side grow more. I was hoping the way the fans are blowing would spread the CO2 around more or less evenly. Maybe not. We'll see in the next couple of weeks if the buds fill in the same. I've found with most of the strains I've grown, from the 40 day mark to the the mid 50s is when the buds really take off.
This is my first season with LEDs, In my past HID grows, 5 quart jars full would be weak grow, and 12 quart jars is about the most I've harvested.
Either way, I'll have enough to smoke. I can now make rosin with my excess. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom