Vanilla Kush, Hydro Flood & Drain, By Gwhunran 2022

Doing good Bill. I bent some more branches over today. I'll take more pics on Sunday if not before. I hope I can get a more uniform fill on the screen with this grow. I see that you are going to be real busy with yours. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Going to make up for lost time in a hurry. :rofl:

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Vanilla Kush
Day 41 veg
Did some cleaning up under the screen but took the pictures before.:rolleyes: I will post pics again on res. change in a couple of days.

VK Day 41 veg (1).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 41 in veg.

VK Day 41 veg (2).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 41 in veg.

Vanilla Kush
Day 43 in veg
Res change day

Light: 325w out of 600w. 43k lux at 22.5" from screen

Nutes: 100% of recommended GH 3 part liquid for Late Growth for 18 gal.
PHed to 5.5-6.0. Most days I add 5-7ml of PH down when topping up res. to maintain.
50ml of Cal-mag+

I did some cleaning under the screen and have been tying down branches to the screen. These Vanilla Kush require more care in bending branches than the Hawaii Maui Waui. HMW branches are extremely flexible.

VK Day 43 veg (1).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 43 in veg

VK Day 43 veg (2).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 43 in veg

VK Day 43 veg (3).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 43 in veg., Screen level view.

Vanilla Kush
Day 47 veg
No changes in light height or power level. 5-7ml of ph- added, usually every day and res. topped up daily.

Still tying and tucking. I am still removing leaves that are blocking nodes. I will probably be able to flip at the end of the month.

The three Vanilla Kush cuttings all started the same day, but didn't grow evenly. One plant taking the majority of the screen. The one in back is a slower developing Hawaii Maui Waui that was removed from the other tray when they were flipped, so it's been in veg for nearly 70 days. It will just have to take whatever the Vanilla Kushes are fed.
When this tray is finished in about 2.5 months, this will be the home of the long flowering Panamas. I hope to get a Punta Roja pheno.

VK Day 47 veg (1).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 47 veg.

VK Day 47 veg (2).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 47 in veg.

VK Day 47 veg (5).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 47 in veg.

Vanilla Kush

At 0200 last night we lost electricity. It came back on at 1900 today.

So the VK missed almost a whole lights on cycle.
They look fine though so hopefully no harm.

I was going to veg them until the end of the month to ensure a full screen, but I think it's best to go ahead and put them in flower. I reset their light timer and adjusted the nutrient pump cycles to shortened days.

I will be changing the res tomorrow and will keep them on a veg heavy nute load for another week.

I will also be posting pics tomorrow.

Hey @gwhunran! What a nice clean set-up, did you build that yourself? The screen is filling in nicely. Good luck!
I built it and it's changed a bit with each grow. When I decided to install AC, the whole grow area was well insulated. I then changed the lights from HIDs; a MH in one room for veg, and a HPS in the other room for flower, to complete grow LEDs. I was able to run two crops through in a season with HIDs. Now with the same whole grow LEDs in both rooms, I can manage four crops in a season.

Vanilla Kush
Day 0 flip

Res. change- 100% recommended amount of GH three part liquid for Late Growth 18gal. 50ml PH down, 60ml Cal-mag+.
Will switch to "Transition" next change.

Light- 400w out of 600w, 42k lux@25.5" from screen

No apparent damage from loss of electricity from 0200 Tue. till 1900 Tues. Lost complete lights on period.

VK Day 0 flower (1).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 0 since flip

VK Day 0 flower (3).JPG

VK Day 0 flower (4).JPG

VK Day 0 flower (5).JPG

Vanilla Kush
Day 4 since flip

Still tucking and tying. No change in light height or power level. Just topping the res. daily and adding 5ml PH down.

VK Day 4 flower (1).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 4 since flip. Still tucking and tying.

VK Day 4 flower (2).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 4 since flip.

VK Day 4 flower (3).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 4 since flip

I believe it will mostly fill in. The center back one is a late starter Hawaii Maui Waui. It will stretch some so I will try and direct it towards the back corners.
The front three plants are all Vanilla Kush from the same mother. I may not fill the front up but I will still get plenty if it finishes normally.

Vanilla Kush
Day 4 since flip

Still tucking and tying. No change in light height or power level. Just topping the res. daily and adding 5ml PH down.

VK Day 4 flower (1).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 4 since flip. Still tucking and tying.

VK Day 4 flower (2).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 4 since flip.

VK Day 4 flower (3).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 4 since flip
Mighty purdy there, g-dub, mighty purdy indeed.

Vanilla Kush
Day 7 since flip

Res. change- 100% of recommended amounts of GH 3part liquid nutes for Transition in 18 gallons.
50ml of PH down and 60ml of Cal-Mag+.

Still tucking and tying while possible.
Starting to show signs of sex.

Light power at 425w out of 600w. Light height raised to 28" to better illuminate edges of screen. Measured value equals 43k lux at canopy.

AC set to recirc. to decrease humidity. All fans blowing at max.

VK Day 7 flower (1).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 7 since flip. Starting to show sex.

VK Day 7 flower (2).JPG

VK Day 7 flower (3).JPG

VK Day 7 flower (4).JPG

VK Day 7 flower (5).JPG

Vanilla Kush
Day 11 since flip

I'm calling the screen filled and flowering is starting in earnest now.

VK Day 11 flower (1).JPG

Vanilla Kush, Day 11 since flip.

VK Day 11 flower (2).JPG

VK Day 11 flower (3).JPG

VK Day 11 flower (4).JPG

That is a beautiful sea of flowers. Looking very nice!

Back
Top Bottom