Compost tea percentage for my mix?

Sbev

Ok so this is my first grow and a friend of mine who i have personally seen his results gave me a list of things to buy for my compost tea. Since then he has gotten arrested and is no longer around to actually help me create my tea. So yes i am lost.. after looking and looking i cant find a recipe that uses everything that i have so i figured its time i reach out to the community for help. If someone could please help me by letting me know what percentage of each ingredient typically is used or just help me in any way below i will list everything i have. Feel free to break it down into separate teas for veg and bloom as im sure ill be needing both. Thanks ahead of time for all your help. Great to see such a community stick together.

Malaysia Nitro Bat Guano 9-3-1

Indonesia SeaBird Guano 0-12-0

Down To Earth Fish Meal 8-6-0

Down To Earth Kelp Meal 1-0.1-2

Earthworm Castings 1-0-0

Pro-Tekt Potassium Silicate 0-0-3

Roots Organics OregonISM XL Mycorrhizae

Grow More Dolomite Lime

Earth Juice Hi-Brix Molasses

Hormex Growth Stimulate Napthalenacetic Acid + Indolenbutyric Acid + Vitamin B-1

I will be feeding 9 plants in 4 gallon pots.
Thanks again grow fam!

Just in case your wondering i am aware and do have a air stone n air pump n 5 gallon bucket. Just need my ratios... dont want to ruin perfectly good plants by guessing.

Well, you're smart using teas, and if you're willing to put the work in, the teas will do you fine. Combine some timely teas with some great or even average soil, good water, and you'll make happy plants. :thumb:

To your question,, depends on a lot. Those ingredients are great, but the fun is deciding when to use each. I use the, less is more approach. Feed, see how they react, adjust, water a lot, feed again. You know. Earlier today I gave some late flowering autos a tea with Jamaican bat poo, maxicrop, and sea weed fertilizer, plus molasses... not much nitrogen if any in that tea,, heavy PK spike,,but northern isn't what I want to feed my late flowering plants/soil....

What or how do you make your teas? Microbulator or air stones?

I use a air stone. And i realize there are different times for different recipes. My friend was supposed to walk me through it an once i do something once i normally can handle it from there with guidance the first time. But things happen.. n i simply dont know were to start. The reason he was going to help me out so much is my budget like many others is not so great.. cant really afford to play a guessing game and ruin everything. Glad to hear the list i got and gathered sound good.

I use a air stone and a 5 gallon bucket. And i realize there are different times for different recipes. My friend was supposed to walk me through it an once i do something once i normally can handle it from there with guidance the first time. But things happen.. n i simply dont know were to start. The reason he was going to help me out so much is my budget like many others is not so great.. cant really afford to play a guessing game and ruin everything. Glad to hear the list i got and gathered sound good.

I am using fox farm ocean forest. But not adding any teas for at least a month considering my soil already has a good mix to it.

I have a plant on FFOF,, nothing but tea and water and it's rocking. See my journal, spring fling. The THC bomb is FFOF, only plant on that soil, I'm switching to Doc's, and Coast of Maine for some mostly autos, anyway,, and it's quickly becoming a monster... think the teas work great.. there is a ton if information out there, for free.

Five gallon and air stones work,,, some stir by hand,, but look into a Microbulator... worth it if that's going to be your method.

When I'm looking for a tea,, I Google the ingredients I'm planning on using and get recipes like that.... less is more. They can take a light tea early on,,, earthy tea,, not to fancy. Good luck

I have seen some people use a air stone with a microbulator. What exactly does it do that an air stone cant? Besides obviously moving the water from the bottom back to the top.

Thanks. Still at a loss for a tea mixture with all of my components. I tried to Google it and i simply just cant find any.. at this rate i either have to give up or just start experiments hoping i dont ruin good genetics. I can't believe its so hard to find or get an answer as to what percentage i should mix each component to get a solid tea.

I have many years of bartending behind me. Even when I didn't neeeed to, I did.

So, I just mix what the plant needs. You're in Veg, right? Stop looking at,, all the components, that is a big list even for me to digest, look at the ones you need right now.... do you have pictures of your grow?

Yes. I have just begun. Also, How long do you feel i should wait to give a feeding givin the FFOF is full of things already?

Yes. I have just begun. Also, How long do you feel i should wait to give a feeding givin the FFOF is full of things already?

A while. Did you just drop the FFOF in the can, our did you amended it, and cook it?

If you give them a good basic tea early on, with some EWC and say, Alaskan Forest,,, you'll get the soil working for you.... then just watch the plants.... the soil will get you through veg for the most part.

Ecw? I added a lil more perlite and plan on putting a lil coco fiber in with it. Especially at the bottom of my pots cause im using air pots.

Air pots are good. Earth worm castings. Worm shit. You'll never burn with that,,.and you'll tell your soil you're ready to grow some happy plants.... Earthy stuff... feed the soil

Also if that's the case all i need is instruction on my brew percentage with my materials for a pre flower and flowering tea.

Also if that's the case all i need is instruction on my brew percentage with my materials for a pre flower and flowering tea.

Google, what you need, and what you have. I free pour... ;) good luck

Okay. So im going to just brew some ewc and some alaskan forrest maybe a lil molasses. (What do you think about a lil mycorrhizae) All the way up until a week before flowering then ill start to add some nitro guano and a lil phosphorus? And all my other components other then. Then once i am ready for full bloom tea switch it up to more phosphorus little nitro guano?

Back
Top Bottom