Ha ha cheers Trig! I really appreciate the kind words, seems birds of a feather flock together ha ha :) It's great to be surrounded by like minded people all enjoying and making the most what we get a kick out of..CANNABIS :) Yeah I truely believe my nicest plants have always been the ones with a long veg life and a long lineage of cloning. They seem tastier, frostier, and most certainly they smell a lot more ha ha, it makes em tough I reckon. And in answer to your question Aussiebud, I'm actually newer to indoor growing, I've only been at that for around 2.5 years. I found this website a few years ago but was never a member until lately. That's also why I've only got a few newer photos also..I've wanted to join the 420 community for a while from the shadows ha ha. I'm certainly glad I did. Outdoor guerrilla grows where were the love began :) I was in my early 20's trying to manage adhd and a few mood Probs and I was desperate to get away from what I was prescribed, not much was working meds wise and with the help of my doctor and my psychiatrist over a few years we had tried a fair few. For the most part the way made me feel was terrible, I didn't know what was worse! So after a bit of looking around, and being convinced maybe cannabis could help slow my roll a little, help me smell to roses and look at the birds ha ha. So off the adventure went, I acquired a few seeds from a friend I knew smoked from high school. I got a few bags of soil, found a wee clearing and grew my first couple of plants :) I didn't do much and didn't yield much. But after a drying out what was harvested a little bit of bud there and was ready to give cannabis a chance. I remember still being told to pull it when the hairs were half orange half white ha ha ha, bit of old school there, who knows what the triches looked like ha ha.
I had looked into my family history for any pre disposition to schizophrenia and hadn't found any. I also knew my mum, dad, uncle and many other family members had been cannabis users for extended amounts of time. However cannabis was sadly a no go topic of discussion till much later in my adult life lol.
.....long story short, I found my medicine! I went from being super knocked about on meds, drinking way too much and wildly out of control of my life, unhealthy and with a grim outlook for my life ahead, everything seemed lost. But with the help of cannabis I have been able to focus, slow down and take my decisions with more care, I feel healthier and much happier. My creativity has come back and I have many new passions in life. For 18 months now I have been completely pill or tablet free. I never recommended anyone plain drop what there doing treatment wise and take up cannabis immediately, I made this transition over time and with the help of my GP and psychiatrist, I was honest and open with both, and while they did not say yes or no to cannabis, they provided me with the unbiased information I needed and the proper consideration of how the transition may or may not effect me.

......That's where the outdoors started ha ha, a few seasons before taking the plants indoors ha ha :)

Sorry for trailing of on you guys ha ha :)
KJC420

This is disappointing, but I don't have a name for it, bag seed sativa dom for almost 25
ounce's. Biggest 'known name' strain I've done so far was supecritical By greenhouse, it grew n grew n grew. Wasnt a huge fan of it though, ill prob concertrate on med size outdoor plants from now on. Nothing taller then me from now on though (top,lst), so can prune properly, and inspect for bugs etc better. In our situation here it's a bit harder to get a high quality outdoor crop unless your a land owner or have top top level guerilla grow skills and dedication. So for me a 16-22 oz plant in top shape with no shifty popcorn buds taking energy is my goal. Trim for only buds that will fill out, and try keep insects fron enjoying my plants a ton. There not suitable insect homes, there my ladies!!! Ha ha

Hope it helps brother :) Springs knocking!
KJC420

Thanks Aussiebud I appreciate it! Around the 7th of Sept most seem to roll around that date for Aust east coast but that's the rough area I know, and has always been a pretty safe time for us (NSW) :) germ around then and try keep em as warm as you can till mid Oct and it'll start to warm and the days will head towards the 13+ hours of light from then on :) Start em in 200mm pots and maybe pick up a three tier mini green house, ya know the good ole bunnings jobs, about 4 foot tall between 30-40 bucks but ya can score em on sale some times for as low as $10 ha ha! ;)

Happy growing AB!
KJC420

Hey mate have you done that yet?? There is very high chance that if you do it, they will begins to flower. All I can reccomend, is a small light on a timer, put em onto 16 hours light and taper it down by 15 mins a week or every 5 day. With the light coming on the same time the suns rising. The goal here it to taper the light down a bit each week till it's comes close to natural, 13+ to 14+ hours by mid November. When the light timing comes very close to length of the days outside. Also the suns UV rays will damage the plant a little at the start, so when you can and the weather is warm and sunny, take your plants outside for the day, in Dappled light/partial shade. That way they can get slowely more uv each time they go out, and there growth won't be stunted by the UV rays. Only thing are, they must come inside every night for there supplemental light. The little clones are old enough to know that short days is flower time ha ha. If they go strait out side with no light/UV tapering they will go into uv shock (silver leaves) and flower weakely, then sense the says are getting longer and go into recessive vegetation and grow slow slow slow. It can be done, but definately for the effort it's a fair bit easier to wait an extra couple of weeks and pop beans when the conditions are nice as and leave em outside :)

Hope it helps brother :)
KJC420

By small light I mean 200w or 130w cfl or 400 or 150 metal halide or something lol, ever used anything smaller, but I imagine t5 t8 fluorescent tubes may work as well if there were a few like a 4 set or something lol.

Ya can however start seeds and keep your inside light timer the same as what's happening outside and blast em with a bigger HID light then just do the UV tapering, give em a huge blast at the start :)

KJC420

Hey every one, it's been slow growing st the moment, the plants were topped at the 5th internode (8th from seed, 3 previously removed). As suggested on few seed reviews, they don't seem to like being topped at all. They have been super slow for a week now, and nutrient uptake has slowed and ec I rising. So there are tiny signs of lockout on some leaves. It's also been time today (day 35) to start culling the less favourable of the seed stock. I've removed the tallest one, internode spacing was too big and it was stretching 25% more then the rest, constantly almost touching the light, till it did, and Burt it's tip ha ha. Another was showing poor leaf formation and the third, too many blades, were most are 5-7 blades, this one has an extra set on each leaf...so she was removed too. Barneys cup strain was supposed to be 100% indica, and so far only 1/8 seems to be close, the rest 75-80% indica. So I'm down to five potential candidates in the hydro system, and the three I removed have been transferred to soil after having the clay balls super gently removed. They won't make the cut but they will live on :) Only a few quick pics, there not doing much, looking I'll, but have increased in size still. The most indica is the only one so far the show any incouraging branch growth, Cookies Kush....might be a struggle ha ha.
IMAG047418.jpg

IMAG047212.jpg

IMAG047513.jpg

IMAG047612.jpg

Cheers for hanging on, they will do something good soon! Hopefully :);)
KJC420

Hey everyone! I'll be online tonight, I've got a few updates to come, including sadly the four male/hermie plants of the batch. Male flowers are showing left right n center in this seed batch...seems to be a common theme ha ha. I'll post pics see what everyone thinks and we can all have a laugh together ha ha. Thanks for all the encouragement so far everyone, just wish cookies would give us all some encouragement back ha ha. Speak with everyone tonight! I have a bit of afternoon pondering to do!

Ha ha, oh man!
KJC420

Hey 420!

Time for an update! It seems these seedlings are a bit sensative, ppm of 350 burns! Hard! Especially during a period of recovery, like after topping, they ate a lot less and the having a higher ppm then they needed hurt em bad! To be honest with everyone this is my first attempt at seedlings in hydro. U have always started seeds and kept mother's in soil. Clones has always been my hydro go to! And it's certainly evident that's clones from an aged mother can take a lot more then seedlings ha ha, this may be common knowledge, but I'm a hands on grower and love to learn from the hurdles :) stressful but educational ha ha ha ;) So to combat this, I've flushed the plants and only added A+B canna vega to the resi. I have left out cannazym and Rhizotonic this time....and in six hours there are already signs of recovery and growth...the two edged sword of hydroponics growth as well as disaster are both super fast ha ha.

Male pre flowers.
I've noticed male pre flowers on half of the plants, the 5 in hydro, and the 3 in soil I had removed from selection. It's way too early to call em hermies, and I wonder if this is just from the seeds not being properly treated when the S1 seed batch was created from the F1 hybrid parents?? It would explain the multi pheno types and the 50/50 male female ratio so far. If the seed treatment failed the seeds would be considered 'regular' seeds!!!! Unavailable from barneys farm! I don't think they have used the 'find a great tested non hermie female, make a stack of clones, sts/collidol silver a branch on each clone and make female identical seeds' the longer way. There's just too much cash in the industry. In saying this I view the circumstances as a blessing in disguise! A chance at doing my own cookies kush. So on the grow goes! Lets see what's what with these seedlings, and make some seeds to play with. Cookies kush s2 regulars :)

Anyway here are some pics of what were working with now that the grows taken a new and exciting turn.
IMAG047912.jpg

IMAG048018.jpg

IMAG048112.jpg

And the always not too good...nute lock n burn!! Be gentle to seedlings ha ha. It's been a very rough fortnight for them ha ha. Feel free to have a laugh, I am :) Cannabis is always got something to throw at ya ha ha.
IMAG048215.jpg

IMAG048315.jpg

IMAG048411.jpg

Recovery is on the way, and hopefully some seeds!!
KJC420

Hey Trig! I chucked those roots in question strait into soil and perlit and under a HID, bit rough, starved of water for a day and the 5.8 water the day after, tied em down and bang!!! There back up again and recovering ha ha, I couldn't believe it, first impressive thing they've done so far ha ha ha. :)

Congrats on 2+:1 CBD's bro!! Awesome as, and the big days close!! :)
KJC420

Hey 420! It's been a couple of days since the last update, but I had to post a few pics! Since changing the resi the veg a+b only the ph has been super super stable and the ladies have shown awesome recovery and growth! There 1 day recovery was so stunning that ibhad to show em more love!......LST time! And they loved that too ha ha. All seems good in the lil hydro tent and things are right back on track, healthy male options and hopefully a couple of good females for the mini seed experiment! LEMONADE OUTTA LEMONS!!

Happy snaps....looking much happier!
IMAG04969.jpg

IMAG049713.jpg

IMAG049815.jpg

Happy garden'n everyone!
KJC420

Day 44

Seven days since last photos. Plants are finally getting branches big enough to clone for sex, or clone to keep, my less favourite, and flower the originals. Will see what happens.

Since the simple nute combo has been applied they have settled in again and are growing like hydro should. Canna Auqa A+B is the juice at the moment. Dropped Rhizotonic and cannazym for now, will use if needed as needed, rather then full nutrient line all the time.

Ph 5.8
Ec 0.8 (ppm 350 nutes.)
Av root zone temp 21.2℃
Tent temp 27.3℃
Resi temp 20.4℃

Cheers for taking the time to look :)

IMAG050211.jpg

IMAG050410.jpg

IMAG05056.jpg

IMAG05069.jpg

IMAG050312.jpg

Kush is coming