couple of days till harvest

Rodrigo

Hello, community.

It's been a while since I logged in last, lots to do. But I come with an easy enough question.

I'm on day 66 of flower, I'm gonna harvest this Sunday (3 days from now) and the thing is this:

To make a long story short, every night I have to open the tent so it doesn't get too hot in there and in the morning I have to close it to avoid fluorescent light from the room to enter the tent and disturb the flowering cycle.
Well today I left my house early and forgot to close it (at 9am) so it was open all day, the other lights (fluorescent) were on until 13:00, so they got an extra 4 hours of mild and scattered light, not sure if enough to break the sleep cycle. then the fluorescents came back on at 19:00 and the tent is supposed to be dark until 22:30, so again they received a few hours of extra light.

So I know that plants recover from something like this, but I know it doesn't happen in 3 days, so my question to all of this is, is it worth it to keep them for 3 more days or should I just harvest now.

So pretty basic issue.

Thanks a lot, everyone.
:Namaste:

Re: couple of days till harvest...

Glad to see you around again Rodrigo! Any issues that the extend light cycle would have caused would not be realized in the ladies for at least a week or two as it takes that long for any stamens to form. I would stay the course and harvest as you had originally planned.

Thanks, Colorado. I'll stay the course and harvest on Sunday as planned.

I'll be starting a new journal with the next cycle, I should start the next flower cycle in about 12 days. I'll be flowering AK-48, Blue Mystic and Critical+. I'm only familiar with the AK so hopefully the others will give me good results. For the first time I'll be using a full complete cycle of nutes+enhancers. (Sensi Bloom + Big Bud + Overdrive). Also now that the summer is gone the temps will be perfect for growing for the next few months so the next 2 cycles should be the year's best.

Wish me luck!

I had a much worse (longer) duration of light contamination a few weeks back. My incident occurred much earlier in the flowering stage. I kept with them a didn't have any hermies.

With you only being a few days out you shouldn't have any problems.

I had a much worse (longer) duration of light contamination a few weeks back. My incident occurred much earlier in the flowering stage. I kept with them a didn't have any hermies.

With you only being a few days out you shouldn't have any problems.

Yeah I wasn't expecting any problems with this, I was just wondering if those few extra hours would cause the flowering to halt and so keeping them the extra 3 days wouldn't be necessary and I could harvest early (today). I'm just eager, as always, I really love my strains and I've been out for weeeeeks so I just wanted to try some :p.

Thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom