Crazy Weather

Tommy carlton

420 Member
Hello from west Tennessee First time grower
I‘m setting up a grow room in a 9’x8’ framed and insulated area on the end of a coverd porch
My plan is to do perpetual growing in 2- 24”x47”x60” and 1- 24”x47”x72” tent,its the end of January and I only have the room built I have a question about the room air exchanges with all my air coming from outside.I plan to condition the room with heat and humidity but can I keep up a good condition temperature in my room for my tents? I’ve got a good idea about air movement but not fresh air exchang.Will I have time to condition the outside air coming in?

Hey Tommy,

Welcome to 420.... I would think it would be easier and less costs to draw room temperature air from inside the room and expel the exhaust outside. I think the outdoor ambient air temps will be too cold for your garden. You could connect the 2 tents with flexible ducting and use a 4 inch T fitting to hook it all together and one fan to suck negative pressure on the tents and exhaust the warm air to outdoors. If you have close neighbors or are worried about odors then a charcoal filter is necessary - to save space in the tents the filter could be added inline after the T fitting outside of the tent to scrub the air coming from both tents, but there are multiple ways to skin any cat

just my 2 cents but see what else comes in

Hey Tommy,

Welcome to 420.... I would think it would be easier and less costs to draw room temperature air from inside the room and expel the exhaust outside. I think the outdoor ambient air temps will be too cold for your garden. You could connect the 2 tents with flexible ducting and use a 4 inch T fitting to hook it all together and one fan to suck negative pressure on the tents and exhaust the warm air to outdoors. If you have close neighbors or are worried about odors then a charcoal filter is necessary - to save space in the tents the filter could be added inline after the T fitting outside of the tent to scrub the air coming from both tents, but there are multiple ways to skin any cat

That’s pretty much the idea I’ve thought about because I will have to use the charcoal filter
Hey Tommy,

That’s pretty much the idea for me because I do have to use the charcoal filter.I do plan on heating the tent room as needed for the outside air I will have coming in a screened vent I’m going to cut in the wall.It will be sized and have a adjustable damper like the supply grills in the ceiling of some homes.My challenge is to figure the the sweet spot of the cfm exhaust with the incoming cold air to have time to mix with the heated air in the tent room before it’s pulled into the tents.Like I said this is a first for me and I’m not sure how much fresh air cfm they need. I’m still in the process of purchasing everything. All I have is a insulated room built on my covered back porch and pulling a heavy enough amp dedicated circuit at this time. Thanks for your response I was hoping to hear from someone I think it’s going to be a good adventure.

Back
Top Bottom