Crispy brown leaves. yellow spots along veins

Please look at the pics and offer any input...

leaf_004s.jpg

leaf_001s.jpg

S6300272.JPG

S6300271.JPG

S6300269.JPG

My data:

Soil Grow (foxfarm w/10% perlite)
Indica Purple Kush
20 plants
4 weeks into bloom
3 gallon containers
(4) 1kw hps, (2) 600w hps
GH nutes (floramicro,floragro, flora bloom) and cal-mag
ppm 1030
ph - solution 6.8, run-off 5.6 to 5.9
30 to 50% RH
78 to 85 degrees room temp
10' x 13' room
no pests

Problem: leaves begin spotting as shown, which progresses into brown crispy leaves, brown and crispy buds, death of plant. This all occurred during my last crop. Prior to taking down the crop, I let a friend put about twenty plants that were one week into bloom into the room. Shortly after, I pulled the dead crop out, but now the new plants are showing the same signs. I have been treating with cal-mag and fungicide, with no change.

You are getting some massive pH lockouts...

Drop your nutrient concentration down significantly after a quick flush with a wetting agent to condition the soil again. Prune away dead leaf matter and slowly increase nutrient over the course of seven days.

Let me know what happens.

Actually, since I posted this, I have received a Hanna digital ph meter and have performed 2 flushes. They are improving!!! :allgood: Thanks much for taking the time to respond.

Ah sweet, I am happy to hear it...
It really does appear to be a pH issue, where several nutrients are having a hard time getting to where the plant needs them. How are you flushing?

water with some H202 that has sat for 2 days with a bubbler and circulation pump

Please excuse my ignorance as I am a relatively new grower. I don't know what a wetting agent is or a chelated flusing product. My water is tap (mebe RO in da future), and I am using the H202 to kill any bacteria in the water. Can you recommend a product for flushing?

:scratchinghead:
So how are things looking?

:goof: fresh, green growth...buds getting fat and sticky! Thanks for your interest and patience with the uninformed......btw, do you have any experience or thoughts on a traveling light system? :hmmmm:

I've never used light rails actually...

Is it something you are considering?

The two main reasons that I am interested is the reduced wattage (watts = $$), and the reduced heat. If the light output and growth response were equal to my existing setup, I would go with them. I started a thread about the lites to see if anyone will respond.

So you are a fan of Weeds?

Good work AB or should I say Mr. Botwanist. Yes I also have experinced this as well. I did change container sizes to 5 & 7 gallons this gave the roots more room to grow, and also helped Nute Lock out, flushing as directed. Happy growing.

Back
Top Bottom