Curing Process?

Re: Curing.Process.....?

How do you cure your plants?What are your techniques and secrets?How long should i cure? and at what temp and rh?totally dark? or is it ok for me to look at them twice a day? Iam hanging mine in a closet and could use some advice?
Thanks to all
I trim and hang plants upside down till they are crispy on the outside, but still soft in the middle. I turn my circulation fan down to 1/2 speed. At 50 per cent rh, for maybe 4 days. I then cut the buds from the plant and immediately put them into paper bags, and fold the bag like a lunch bag. Two or three times per. day, open the bag and shake the bag, maybe for 4 or 5 days. Take the buds out of the bags and trim bud off the main stem and immediately put them into canning jars. Open the jars 2 or 3 times (15 minutes) a day for about 2 weeks and store jar . And don't forget to enjoy !! Oh and i'd say 60 to 65 degrees would be a good temp.., but that's just my opinion. I stash mine in the clothes hampers, because i know that my kids wont be in there !! Humidity in my opinion is the key !! Good luck in your harvest.
:smokin:

Just know that the smaller buds will get crispy enough for the bag/jar combo in about three days. The mediums take about 5 days and the large top colas can take a week on the stem before they are dry enough to bag/jar. I store my curing buds in a file cabinet. Light is the enemy of THC at this point. I cure my buds for 30 days but after two weeks you only need to open the jars once a day and slowpuffer is right, don;t forget to try the buds at one, two, three and four weeks so you get a feel for how the taste and potency developes by proper curing. I also smell them when the are in the jar. If it ever smells bad pull the buds out and dry them on something flat like the top of a tote for a couple of days. Don't want moldy bud but with proper drying/curing the risk is minimal. Also don;t be afraid to take them out of the jar and look at them occasionally and then put them back in the jar in a different order than removed so the buds on the bottom of the jar are not always on the bottom. Good luck with your harvest!

Yes,
We can get as technical as we want here, but this is only the way i do it . I did'nt say this is gospil, or the only way to acomplish the task !! Damm !! I've smoked some pretty good stuff that was layed out on the hood of my pickup, while i was working . Probably harvested in route to the job site !! Ha !! How about them good old days !!

Back
Top Bottom