curious, whats the highest temperature you ever grown in?

With supplemental CO2, I've had the temps go as high as 100° although I think they prefer a lower range of 85°-95°. Without any supplemental CO2, I try to keep the temps no higher than 85°, I've had them go up to 90° but the ladies start to exhibit heat-related stress.

I've had and Afghan Kush at around 110F.

Yes, sun temps :)

It rarely drops below 55% around here. September and October humidity can be as high as 90% with 70% being an average.

Near a big lake, in the valley with a lot of small streams.

I grew a tree in a 100+ F summer which is basically like a desert, was hard to get it enough water to survive and in the end I had to supplement with those soil moist crystals to keep her alive. Was very dry, 5-10% RH, she drank a lot!
photo_48_3.jpg

Thanks! Yeah - she was about 10 feet tall. Was an indica OG kush that conformed to grow like a sativa in order to adapt to the environment :Namaste: Ended up with about a QP dry of fine puff off her. She was definitely a pleasing plant to watch grow, I'd love to just sit outside and watch her. Was real aesthetically pleasing to see them grow naturally and untrained,unfimmed,untopped,etc. :circle-of-love:

I'd love to have lower humidity, that would solve a lot of problems for me, but I live in the north and that's not an option unfortunately. This is great for vegging, but creates problems for some longer flowering strains, which are low mold resistant. I'm still looking for that perfect plant though, and one day I'm gonna find it :)

Not to mention you get to see her interact with nature as the wind moves around and flows through her, watching the rain fall on her, etc. something sorely lacking with a indoor grow. I would like to grow outdoors, but it doesn't seem worth the risk of theft/vandalism, or even burglary if the thieves think that there is more inside, even though it's legal here.

I hear ya conradino23, I would much rather live here than pretty much anywhere else in the world, except for possibly Paris, mostly due to the dry climate. I may curse and moan about the lack of humidity with respect to growing cannabis, but I'd rather have too little than too much, overall it is much more comfortable drier than wetter IMHO.

I concur, since I primarily grow on the ocean (about 500 yards from crashing surf), I understand how traumatic high humidity can be.

The plant pictured above was grown inland awhile back.

So, to sum up, I pray for dry conditions constantly. :Namaste:

That's all a tradeoff. With my humidity, even in the summer, I don't have to water that much, but it definitely affects the taste and bud development. How ecactly, it's hard for me to say. In drier conditions you're gonna have much better aerated soil, so roots probably run deeper and plants grow taller, might even squeeze out bigger resin production with almost pure to pure sativas. Then, different strains would be thriving with such conditions. I'm running Malawi Gold this year to check how it translates to African sativas. I think Thais would grow well here, but not sure how they'd react for a short season :D

So how does cannabis handle the salty environment, I know you are far enough away from the actual surf but the air is still quite salty, as it were. Any adjustments you need to make to help them with this environment?

None at all, the cannabis thrives immensely in my microclimate, we are also elevated a few hundred feet on a cliff, so we get drier air than as if I were exactly at sea level. The air is not that salty for me so it does not have any effects.

They LOVE to get their sea kelp sprays in veg. and it makes them feel right at home :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom