Curling Of Leaf, Yellowing And Brown Spots In Hydro Drip System

slexs

Hello everyone, i hope someone can help out a fresh grower here.

yHNA2yI.jpg

sBZxNZm.jpg

OFttnKA.jpg

Ibl0b3I.jpg

Im running a wilma 4 pot system with drippers watering 6x15mins every 24hrs.
Running a 250w HPS Cooltube + 300w LED Lighting.
Have a carbon filter attached to a 290 cubic meter per hour exhaust fan, and a two speed 125/290 fresh air intake fan as well as a circulating fan.

Temps are between 22-27 celcius.
RH 39-60%
reservoir temp: 22 celcius
ph: 6+

I got some clones off a friend of mine, and was told to just water them the first week.
After 4 days they started getting brown spots and some yellowing.
Yesterday they looked like i posted further up.

I sort of paniced yesterday because they look like shit, so i cleaned the entire reservoir and added 1/4 of recommended Hesi nutrition in case this problem is caused my nutrition defecit.

I've ordered a PH and a EC meter from Asia with express shipping 15 days ago but it still has not arrived so currently im relying on ph-strips wich is pretty inaccurate. according to the strips my ph is around 6-6.5ish.

Hope someone can chime in here, i just want my girls the very best ;)

Hey man I'm a soil grower but I use a "hydrolike" medium my girls like their ph around 5.8 and 6.2 I would try to get it a little lower looks like you are at 6.5+ish? Also look in to something called sm-90 it keeps your nozzles clean and keeps bacteria, mold, and mites away! Just my thoughts I'm sure a pro hydro farmer will chime in soon!! :rollit:

Looks like the Ph is off, mine did the same thing before I got a meter then I discovered I was running to high Ph using the test strips....

Got a hold of a really decent ph tester today and measured my ph to 8.2 and got it down to 5.8 with ph -.

Hope this helps them, also found out a timer was broken so lighting was around 16/8 instead of 18/6 :(

Got a hold of a really decent ph tester today and measured my ph to 8.2 and got it down to 5.8 with ph -.

Hope this helps them, also found out a timer was broken so lighting was around 16/8 instead of 18/6 :(

There's your main problem..... It will help.... :)

So, day 8 and my girls still aren't looking great.
Ph today is at 5.6 , temp at 26, water temp at 22 and nutrients at 1/4th of recommended dosage.

any clue whats going on?
is it stress from wrong PH the first 5 days?

I would flush your system out and replace with PHed water and give it a few days, they might be a bit young for the nutes yet which might be a problem too...

I would flush your system out and replace with PHed water and give it a few days, they might be a bit young for the nutes yet which might be a problem too...

Thanks.
I just flushed my system and PHed the new water to 5.8 and no nutes.

Should i just keep it like this til they look better and maybe wait until they´re 14 days old or so to start giving nutes?

Thanks.
I just flushed my system and PHed the new water to 5.8 and no nutes.

Should i just keep it like this til they look better and maybe wait until they´re 14 days old or so to start giving nutes?

I would give it a couple of days to recover, as far as nutes, 14 days is a good starting point then ease the nutes on them and see how they react.

Back
Top Bottom