Yellowing leaves brown spots

did you check the ec or ppm ? also take a picture in natural light with no additional lighting. The colour of your leaves don't really make sense because of lighting. is it dark green leaves or light green lol
also, im not the best guy to ask as i';ve got my own DWC issue at the moment. :popcorn:

did you check the ec or ppm ? also take a picture in natural light with no additional lighting. The colour of your leaves don't really make sense because of lighting. is it dark green leaves or light green lol
also, im not the best guy to ask as i';ve got my own DWC issue at the moment. :popcorn:
Na dont have ec or ppm meter at moment heres a few normal light pics.
20201106_171734.jpg

With flash
20201106_171741.jpg

The other animal cookies
20201106_172924.jpg

With flash
20201106_172916.jpg

Wedding cake
20201106_160920.jpg

With flash
20201106_160908.jpg

20201106_171734.jpg

The other animal cookies
20201106_172924.jpg
you've got dark green leaves with light green in the middle. i'm not a pro by any means or grown in coco, but i think flushing 3x the pot size with a final feed would show some results. knock back on the nutrient level a bit on your final feed. Perhaps wait to see what @Pennywise would say

you've got dark green leaves with light green in the middle. i'm not a pro by any means or grown in coco, but i think flushing 3x the pot size with a final feed would show some results. knock back on the nutrient level a bit on your final feed. Perhaps wait to see what @Pennywise would say
2 animal cookies have been flushed i got 100% runoff from just over 20l each with 1/4 strength nutes. Then gave em 1.5litres of slightly stronger nutes... how long do i leave before i feed them again? And at what strength?

so you did your flush hopefully with LESS level of nutrients and i would assume you would do the same when you notice your coco being less moist.

I am not sure why you feed her slightly with "stronger" nuts

so you did your flush hopefully with LESS level of nutrients and i would assume you would do the same when you notice your coco being less moist.

I am not sure why you feed her slightly with "stronger" nuts
I thought u said feed after flush? And the flush pennywise mentioned to use weak nute solution. Is this going to have negative effect at all? Even the slighlty stronger nutes i gave were no where near the amount they were getting before

Looks like humidity to me, is that leaf hanging out under and touching another? Why do you have ph 7 buffer ? Calcium shows in new growth, mag in old so im not thinking that, unless excess calcium is causing some kind of lockout. Somebody else said potassium due to very dark leaves... im with them on that one. If you're checking for bugs and not finding them then nutes or lockout... when was the last time you calibrated your p.h. tester?

I never flush coco with plain water but use a diluted nute solution to flush and reset

Looks like humidity to me, is that leaf hanging out under and touching another? Why do you have ph 7 buffer ? Calcium shows in new growth, mag in old so im not thinking that, unless excess calcium is causing some kind of lockout. Somebody else said potassium due to very dark leaves... im with them on that one. If you're checking for bugs and not finding them then nutes or lockout... when was the last time you calibrated your p.h. tester?
Humidty is always between 50 and 65rh at lights off it goes down to about 45 with humidifer turned off. Ph7 buffer is for callibration of PH pen which was done about a week ago. I thought potassium def as it can sometimes look like heat stress but it cant be heat stress temps have never gone above 28 degrees. I have flushed now with 1/4 strength solution to 100% runoff. Also moved the light up slightly just in case. Im just not sure when to feed next will jus keep weighing pot until i feel it lighter then feed again. I need to flip to flower also but i thought id give a few days to recover from flush. If flush doesnt resolve the issues, then it must be too low levels of nutrients so probably have to give a few full doses of A and B and pray thats the answer. Any idea how long now i should wait to flip?

i agree with pennywise wait until you figure this out

If you want a highly experimental solution that I've used successfully every single time for burning or too damp soil then try it.

Shop vac. In fabric pot suck water literally from pot through fabric, in soil you will need to cover the vacs inlet with fabric to not suck up all the dirt, you acan pull moisture from below using a drain hole or above, you want full roaring suction though.. add some fresh water to the OPPOSITE SIDE as you do this, the theoretical idea is that if you are dealing with root rot or other you are removing the oxygen depleted water ( a perfect environment for anaerobic bacteria ) and introducing new airaited water, even better still add hydro guard and great white to the flush water.. this adds a root zone beneficial that will consume the decaying matter instead of it out gassing ch4 and h2s, both which displace oxygen and create a more anaerobic bacterial zone.. you want air obbic bacteria ( thrives in oxygen rich environment) 0reeent in the root zone.. ive done this a few times to help out buddies that new to growing drowned their plants to hell.. it does work, and is a bunch of work. After a few flush through with the vac, leave the soil as dry as you can get it, point a fan AT the pot or bag of soil and wait till the plant begins to droop from under water before you again feed/ water it.. timing is everything here. Wait till you have the plant in ideal health before you flip or you will starve it during the stretch which is critical, Good luck :)

Yellowing at top, bottom, or all over ? Note that magnesium deficiency causes yellowing and then progresses to rusty spots, this starts on low leaves and moves up ( semi mobile )

If you want a highly experimental solution that I've used successfully every single time for burning or too damp soil then try it.

Shop vac. In fabric pot suck water literally from pot through fabric, in soil you will need to cover the vacs inlet with fabric to not suck up all the dirt, you acan pull moisture from below using a drain hole or above, you want full roaring suction though.. add some fresh water to the OPPOSITE SIDE as you do this, the theoretical idea is that if you are dealing with root rot or other you are removing the oxygen depleted water ( a perfect environment for anaerobic bacteria ) and introducing new airaited water, even better still add hydro guard and great white to the flush water.. this adds a root zone beneficial that will consume the decaying matter instead of it out gassing ch4 and h2s, both which displace oxygen and create a more anaerobic bacterial zone.. you want air obbic bacteria ( thrives in oxygen rich environment) 0reeent in the root zone.. ive done this a few times to help out buddies that new to growing drowned their plants to hell.. it does work, and is a bunch of work. After a few flush through with the vac, leave the soil as dry as you can get it, point a fan AT the pot or bag of soil and wait till the plant begins to droop from under water before you again feed/ water it.. timing is everything here. Wait till you have the plant in ideal health before you flip or you will starve it during the stretch which is critical, Good luck :)
very interesting idea

very interesting idea
I assure you its far better to NOT get to a place where you need to try, but it does work. New to hydro i used this to balance the rockwool cubes ph after putting seeds in them without first treating them.. seedling were so frail popping out and I could not figure why till I checked to run off.. ph was 8.4 lolz. Good for me that seeds are strong :)
20201104_184829.jpg

Those are those same plants as of oct 30.. many many setbacksinthehydro learning process but we do learn much more from our failures than our successes ;)

Yellowing at top, bottom, or all over ? Note that magnesium deficiency causes yellowing and then progresses to rusty spots, this starts on low leaves and moves up ( semi mobile )
Yh yellowong started on lower fans and has now progressed upward also taco curl going on and tips turning brown

Back
Top Bottom