Cuttings yellowing please help

grow big

20151025_193236_1_.jpg
20151025_193231_1_.jpg
20151025_193213_1_.jpg
20151025_193211_1_.jpg
20151025_193143_1_.jpg

hi people can anyone please help me. my cuttings are going yellow. they have been in rock wool and in a dome with ph'd water and very light feed for 1 week, they have no roots yet but are starting to get a bulb type ball in the rockwool on the cutting stem. do you think they will live or do i need to do something to help them survive. also used doff hormone. any help please

I don't use any fancy cloners. Just cuttings in well watered perlite sealed in a Ziploc bag. It's not the best method, but if I can keep the temps right around 80f, I'll generally have roots after 2 weeks. I would definitely not expect them earlier without some sort of active cloning system.
I mist them daily with a mix containing 1/2 tsp/gallon grow nutrients. This provides a light foliar feeding for the cuttings while they have no roots. I use the same mix for any watering.

Temps are very important during cloning. 80f is your target. Temps over 85 will generally cause damage in un-rooted clones. Misting with the light feed mix seems key as well.

I root cuttings in peat moss pellets in a dome my cuttings usually yellow a bit right before roots come poking out. Little more patience sounds like your almost there.

no but clones are doing fine now so fingers crossed i get 100%..potted them into peat pots and coco coir today because i seen the little root balls appearing.

Back
Top Bottom