Medium - Grow stones
PPM - 806
PH - 5.7
RH - 47%
Room Temperature - 65 to 84
Solution Temperature -68 to 73
Room Square Footage - 2x2 grow tent
Pests - None Known

Problem: A number of leaves are turning yellow at the tips, then it's progressing down the leaf and eventually turning brown. At first it was just one leaf and in four days it's spread to a number of leaves, including newer leaves. Also, growth seems to have come to a halt. I posted in other threads for help and was told it's most likely a cal-mag issue, so I got some cal-mag plus and started adding it to the reservoir yesterday, but today the leaf damage is still spreading.

Any new ideas? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Day_31_pics_003.JPG

Day_31_pics_002.JPG

Day_31_pics_001.JPG

DWC HYDRO GROW

Strain - C4 Auto
# of Plants - 1
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - Late veg/early flower
Setup - DWC
Light - 600 Watt LED
Nutrients - General Hydronponics
Medium - Grow stones
PPM - 806
PH - 5.7
RH - 47%
Room Temperature - 65 to 84
Solution Temperature -68 to 73
Room Square Footage - 2x2 grow tent
Pests - None Known

Problem: A number of leaves are turning yellow at the tips, then it's progressing down the leaf and eventually turning brown. At first it was just one leaf and in four days it's spread to a number of leaves, including newer leaves. Also, growth seems to have come to a halt. I posted in other threads for help and was told it's most likely a cal-mag issue, so I got some cal-mag plus and started adding it to the reservoir yesterday, but today the leaf damage is still spreading.

Any new ideas? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Day_31_pics_003.JPG

Day_31_pics_002.JPG

Day_31_pics_001.JPG

Alright. This is what I want you to do. So you could get close to a 1-1-1 npk ratio.

Empty out your bucket and add a fresh mixture.

I want you to mix :

5ml/ gal of flora Micro ( its critical that you add Micro first )

5ml/ gal of flora Bloom

2.5ml/ gal of Root enhancer that you have.

Do not add the flora grow and do not add the floracious or the cal mag.

Make sure you get this mixture right.

Do this mixture and it would give you somewhere around 500 ppms and an NPK ratio of 1-1-1.

Keep this mixture and top off with fresh plain water if the res is getting low. Keep this in there for a week and see what results you get. Of course monitor your ph till then.

Ph it down to 5.9-6.2. Don't add to much ph down though cuz that will cause the Phosphorus to go up in your npk ratio. Ph down is Phosphoric acid.

Hopefully when your do the mixture it will give you a good ph so you don't have to add ph down at all. But yeah if have to add some. Don't add to much.

In a week, post results and we can go from there !

Pure. Potent. Vapor

Thanks so much Pagoda!!! This is awesome! Exactly what I was looking for.

:thanks:

I have just a couple of follow-up questions....Unfortunately my normal tap water comes out at a 9.0 pH, so I have no choice but to add lots of pH Down. Perhaps this is my real problem? I've heard not to use distilled water or spring water, but would either of those be better to use in place of my tap water?

I'll wait until I get your feedback on that before I do the actual water change. I wouldn't want to change the water today and then stress the plant more by doing another one tomorrow in case you say I shouldn't use my tap water.

Thanks again, buddy! I really appreciate your taking the time to help me out!

:slide:

Thanks so much Pagoda!!! This is awesome! Exactly what I was looking for.

:thanks:

I have just a couple of follow-up questions....Unfortunately my normal tap water comes out at a 9.0 pH, so I have no choice but to add lots of pH Down. Perhaps this is my real problem? I've heard not to use distilled water or spring water, but would either of those be better to use in place of my tap water?

I'll wait until I get your feedback on that before I do the actual water change. I wouldn't want to change the water today and then stress the plant more by doing another one tomorrow in case you say I shouldn't use my tap water.

Thanks again, buddy! I really appreciate your taking the time to help me out!

:slide:

I use spring water from one of those spring water stations. $1 for 5 gal around me. the ph is 6.4 and ppm are 14. Cleanest water I could find for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks, Pagoda!!! I'll get some spring water at the grocery store near me. I'll pick up a few gallons today.

Good news though - I haven't seen any new damage show up since yesterday. The affected leaves looks about the same as yesterday, so maybe the problem is clearing up. If it looks like it's being contained, then I will wait until my next water change to do the mix you suggested. My PPMs as of this morning are down to 662, which is almost a 100 point drop since yesterday. Fingers crossed it continues to improve over the next day or so.

Thanks, Pagoda!!! I'll get some spring water at the grocery store near me. I'll pick up a few gallons today.

Good news though - I haven't seen any new damage show up since yesterday. The affected leaves looks about the same as yesterday, so maybe the problem is clearing up. If it looks like it's being contained, then I will wait until my next water change to do the mix you suggested. My PPMs as of this morning are down to 662, which is almost a 100 point drop since yesterday. Fingers crossed it continues to improve over the next day or so.

If you're going to spend money at the grocery store then I would buy distilled. That has 0ppm

Pure. Potent. Vapor.

UPDATE

Hey Pagoda! Well, the leaf damage slowed down in spreading, but then today I noticed a number of new leaf tips were starting to yellow, including very recent growth. So today was a scheduled water change and I went ahead and mixed up your suggested formula to set her in.

In the 2 gallon bucket, I started with water that was pH 7.4 naturally (spring water). I then added 10ml of Flora Micro and mixed it. Then I added 10ml of Flora Bloom and 5ml of Root Enhancer. No other additives and no cal-mag, as you suggested.

When I finished, the pH was 6.1, so I left it there and did NOT add any pH Down. The PPM was 462, which is close to your estimate of 500. I transferred my girl to her new solution, added the air stone, and set her back in place.

I'll continue to monitor the pH twice daily and lower it just a bit, if needed. As you suggested, I'll let her sit in the solution for the next week and I'll post updates here as I notice either improvements or changes for the worse. In the meantime, if you want to see current pictures of her, feel free to check out my grow journal (the link is in my sig).

Thanks again for your help!!
:peacetwo:

UPDATE

Hey Pagoda! Well, the leaf damage slowed down in spreading, but then today I noticed a number of new leaf tips were starting to yellow, including very recent growth. So today was a scheduled water change and I went ahead and mixed up your suggested formula to set her in.

In the 2 gallon bucket, I started with water that was pH 7.4 naturally (spring water). I then added 10ml of Flora Micro and mixed it. Then I added 10ml of Flora Bloom and 5ml of Root Enhancer. No other additives and no cal-mag, as you suggested.

When I finished, the pH was 6.1, so I left it there and did NOT add any pH Down. The PPM was 462, which is close to your estimate of 500. I transferred my girl to her new solution, added the air stone, and set her back in place.

I'll continue to monitor the pH twice daily and lower it just a bit, if needed. As you suggested, I'll let her sit in the solution for the next week and I'll post updates here as I notice either improvements or changes for the worse. In the meantime, if you want to see current pictures of her, feel free to check out my grow journal (the link is in my sig).

Thanks again for your help!!
:peacetwo:

Nice. That worked pretty good.

Pure. Potent. Vapor.

UPDATE - Day 7 of reduced nutes

Hey Pagoda and other 420 peeps! I'm due for another water change tomorrow and it will be a full week of the reduced nutrient regimen. Here are a couple of observations from the week:

• The yellowing of leaf tips has pretty much subsided and only grew a little on the leaves that were already affected.
  • The leaves that were most affected are now turning a shade of lime-green. (See the upper left of the plant in the picture below)
  • Just one of the smaller leaves is now developing small yellow/brown blotches in the middle of the leaf. (I don't have a picture of it yet.)
  • Growth has definitely picked back up again and she's responding well to the final lst I have it this week. Definitely in flower stage now.

Here are my readings from tonight:
  • pH: 6.3
  • Temp: 72.9F
  • PPM: 302
  • Air temp: 80.1
  • RH: 37%

So my question is, what should I mix for nutrients in tomorrow's water change? I'm still struggling with having to add a lot of pH down to the water that I use to top-up the reservoir every day. By the way, I should mention I have to top-up with about a 1/2 gallon of water every day. So she's definitely getting a lot of phosphorus and I think I need to take that in to account when mixing the nutes going forward?

Here's how she looked tonight. You can see where all the major leaf damage occurred and where a number of the tips had started to go the same route. Notice the leaves in the upper left of the picture are the ones that are starting to turn a lime-green color.

Day_42_pics_016.JPG

Day_42_pics_005.JPG

Thanks again for your help, Pagoda!!
:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom