Debating switching from 400 HPS to COB light

Hey guys so here’s my request for help.

I currently have a 3x3 tent and a 400hps as my flower tent.

I have no real issues with heat or anything just ready for an upgrade.

I’m looking at a “2000w” Philzon cob system. (451 watts from wall).

Would this light truly be an upgrade?

Is it too powerful for the 3x3 tent. Is that a thing with cob lol?

Any advice is appreciated!

You could check out the offerings from one of our sponsors here. Timber Grow Lights
I've been using the 4VS for almost 2 years now and I routinely pull 22-23 zips per run with them.
Great lights!

It’s getting hard to argue against the cob. My main concern is bud density. It seems cobs are up to the task. So what brand do you guys recommend? I’m in a 3x 3 tent for flower. 2-4 plants. Again this will only be used for flower.
Thanks for all the advice so far
The most dense bud I have ever grown is under my Cree COBs. As a matter of fact, I just finished drying and curing a batch of White Widow. A nug the size of an egg weighs in at 4.3 grams DRY! I bet I could place a heavy book like an old phone book on top of 1 nug and it wouldnt noticeably budge the nug a bit and no exaggeration. Strain choice and environmental control along with capable lights are the keys.

The most dense bud I have ever grown is under my Cree COBs. As a matter of fact, I just finished drying and curing a batch of White Widow. A nug the size of an egg weighs in at 4.3 grams DRY! I bet I could place a heavy book like an old phone book on top of 1 nug and it wouldnt noticeably budge the nug a bit and no exaggeration. Strain choice and environmental control along with capable lights are the keys.

the white widow i grew was exactly as you describe. i can't wait to grow it again.

Back
Top Bottom