Decarb after QWET using MCT oil

student999

I am mostly happy with the product of a decarb-in-oven > QWET > water-distiller > add-MCT-oil > remove-remaining-ethanol process. It does not taste very bad and the uptake from sublingual is quick.

I read that decarb after an ethanol extraction enhances flavor because the process does not take place in the presence of a lot of plant material.

So, is there any reason that I shouldn't decarb after adding the MCT oil and removing the remaining alcohol? I'm trying to avoid a mess and a waste.

Interesting question, if you have enough pot to "play with", go for it. The mess might be worth the reward.

Spark up

I wouldn't say I have pot to play with, but I ran 30 gm (28.8 cleaned) thru my QWET process (two 15 min washes, swirl gently every 5 min). Distilled it down to 135 ml. The stirring hot pad had brought it down to 50 ml when I added 60 ml MCT oil. This 110 ml mix stayed around 179 degrees F until it got down to 70'ish ml. Then the temp started rising to 250 degrees F. I maintained 248-251 degrees for 30 min, let cool a bit and put the 68 ml into two dropper bottles. My calculations (26.2% bud, 95% extract efficiency, .877 decarb factor) say it comes in at 92.5 mg/ml.

All I know is that it has hardly any taste, and a .5 ml sublingual dose was noticeable in about 15 min, and a really nice manageable high lasted several hours.

Thinking about building a styrofoam box to do dry ice winterization and filtration in the minus 30F to minus 40F range. However, if a 1 ml dose of this (92 mg) doesn't upset my stomach, I may skip this extra step.

Back
Top Bottom