Deficiency or overfert?

AZ007

heyy waddup guys, what do u guys think it is? Looks to me its over fert, correct me if im wrong plz. Im experimenting with this plant, i started it about 2 weeks ago, added some veg nutes, not too much just slightly, ppms are around 250, 5.4-6.4ph range, 400mh, temps are 81F the hottest, during the hottest hours of the day.

2013-08-06_22_34_04.jpeg

What do the roots look like? Are you pumping enough air through the solution?

yea theres alot of air being pumped in the water, makes it look like the water is boiling, and the roots are very small still, but they look white and healthy. You know my first few grows have been in soil, but i wanna switch to hydro, so im tryin to get the hang of it and master it, seems more tricky and easier to mess up on, but im sure just like anything else you can learn, and thats what im tryin to do. So i dont really know here where it went wrong, so early in the process u know what i mean? So i thought maybe too much nutes, for a seedling that small? Do you personally start with a small dose of nutes on hydro?

You're probably just burning it a bit. She's too small. I start seeds (I usually use clones) in plugs and only go to DWC once the roots have grown through the plugs. 250 ppm at that point would be about right. If it's the case that you have burned (and I see you have some crispy leaf tips) you can add water to dilute it down a bit then just ride it out--it should come around.

i appologise in advance if my eyes are playing tricks, but it looks like your wool is riddles with algae.
i suspect water temps are too high, too much light getting into the root zone.
drop the water temp if you can, kill the algae, lower your nutes a little bit and raise the light a touch.

i have to be honest, a 400mh for that puny little thing seems like mega overkill and a waste of electric. a 23w 6500k cfl would do just as well at that size.

iirc water should be ideally at 69f but im running from memory and thats a bad idea for any stoner :rofl:

Gigabane whats going on? Always good to see your replies. Anyway, what you saw wasnt alge, my water temp actually fluctuates between 72-74F at its hottest, usually is in the 60's. I thought the 400mh woulda been alright as long as i kept the temps cool lol, well i did lower the watter to 200, and changed the water to plain ph'ed water, 2 day later i checked again and i didnt see any further yellowin of the leaf n it looks like the new growth on top is coming out good. Ill post a new pic soon. Btw, one more thing..do home depot/lowes carry calmag?

Thats it yo, what doesnt kill you make you stronger, good to see u around again. Let me ask for your opinion, or anyones opinion out there, for a seedling that small do you recommend me use the 200watt mh, or a 135w led?

but as far as the wattage goes at that stage, what do you think, less is better? Or the 200 shud be fine?

Back
Top Bottom