Deficiency problem?

AZ007

Hi, sorry im new to the forums so i posted this already, but at the wrong forum, so now im doing it again here lol. My question is can u guys tell me what u think the problem is here? This seedling it about 2 weeks old, sitting under 400watt mh, temp is usually at 82F when the light is on, and ive just noticed this today, that one little leaf is completely brown/yellow. Any ideas? Id appreciate it, thanks.

2013-04-05_12_59_57.jpeg

Do you have a better picture? preferably with no movement and closer to the problem. But it may seem like overwatering. Can you provide a little more detail about schedules, system used, etc?

Do you have a better picture? preferably with no movement and closer to the problem. But it may seem like overwatering. Can you provide a little more detail about schedules, system used, etc?

Same, looks like over watering/Over care, leave it alone and it will be fine.

Really u guys think so? Maybe i just cant wait for it to grow already lol. How dry do guys let the soil get? Ive watered this plant 3 times in 2 weeks, and havent added any nutes yet

We let the soil go very dry, as for nutes, I would hold off on them for a couple more weeks, I personally would not worry about that one leaf, the plant looks good, just let the soil go really dry before you water and give it good light and it will grow fine. And yeah your soil looks very wet, did you water before you took this pic?

Yeh like snypr said.

I water mine when the pot is light to lift with my hands. If it isn't light then there still water in the bottom. How much water do you give when you do? A plant that size only requires like 100ml of water. Dont do no run off or anything like that as its soil.

I have a great soil journal linked below called "Super soil". You may want to check it out, its got some great info on soil and waterings.

Thanks alot guys i appreciate the info, for snypr yes i had just watered the day before, thx i will let it dry real good and see how it will look. And Jb i will most def check out that journal, and ive been giving the plant probably like 200ml of water maybe a little more..so no good? I thought the best way was to give ur plants a good wash just enough to almost drip down the bottom?

Yeah you are right about amount to water but when you give a small pot say only 50-100ml to start the rest of the soil still absorbs it like a sponge but not too much as to cut good air flow soon after.

I start by giving mine very little then the roots go looking for the water themselves making the root mass a lot bigger. Bigger root mass equals stronger and bigger plant.

Some people using coco have run off out of the bottom of the pots to make sure no salts build up in the pots. But with soil you want to keep the life in the soil so run off is not needed unless using chelated nutrients then a flush ever month may be needed.

I personally use a mix of soil that will take me through until the end, just adding a bit here and there to help if needed so nutes are not usually necessary for me. But if its a standard compost then it should have enough food for 2-4 weeks after which feeding will be needed.

Basically if you start small by late veg they will have a big root mass and require more water and food to feed the monster growth. Make the roots work at first and remember cannabis roots prefer a drier medium to a wetter one :)

Nice, thx for the info, i will let it dry real good, and im gonna do it like this from now on, and probably post an update in about a week, or two to see.

I use hydro so I don't know this for a fact, but I've read that to 'test' how much water you have on your medium, you stick your finger in it about half way (of your finger) and if soil sticks to your finger then it has a little too much water, if the first inch or so is dry then you need to water a little, basically don't let the top get too wet.

I think that your plant is too small to have a deficiency yet, specially if you're not using nutes and you have more than enough soil in the pot.

A deficiency is not always caused by the lack of some element but rather an over-presence of another. For example (I'll use random elements as I don't know which affects which) if you have too much phosphorus then you might experience a nitrogen deficiency, even though you are delivering the right amount of N, or too much N can cause a potassium deficiency (again, random elements, but this is how deficiencies work)

Back
Top Bottom