Deficiency? Or starvation?

duckydank420

Does anyone know what defficiency this is?? I have 4 plants and they are all doing the same thing. Pretty uniform. I pride myself as being pretty grow savy, but just cant nail this one. They get regular dose of calmag. Just switched to "nectar of the gods" soil. First time using it. I wonder if I am just starving them? Just transplanted 2 weeks ago and usually use "roots original" soil but cant find it where I live. But roots was hot soil so I didnt have to feed them as much for the first couple weeks...anyone with experience with nectar soil?? Any help is appreciated!

20151020_232926.jpg

And for the record, I have had people tell me that it looks like I have PM on my plants, lol. I just sprayed Tetra San a few days ago. I like to spray it when they are young, as a preventitive, then the new growth doesnt have it on it. Everybody has their opinions. In my opinion it is amazing. And has saved me and many of my friends whole crops from complete disaster, so I stand by it!

Ph is at 6.5. The water out of my tap comes out at 8.0 so I always watch it. I was thinking it could be Nitrogen...I gave them all a shot just in case.

Hard to tell from the photo, but N deficiency tends to show beginning with lower fan leaves. The leaf in the photo looks to be about mid to upper half of the plant? Another sign of N deficiency is stems turning reddish, are they? (ofc some phenotypes do have reddish stems so not a surefire sign ;) ).
I'm not latching on to Mg as the cause but a quick, fairly easy test for Mg would be to spray leaves with a ~2% solution of magnesium sulphate heptahydrate (Epsom salt). This is easily taken up by the leaves and should give you an indication whether this is the problem within a few hours to a day.

Just read the description of the "nectar of the gods" soil looks like a nice organic type :thumb:

Sounds like ya girls are little bit hungry & may suggest giving em a lil feed.

Definitely appears to be Magnesium deficiency. 1-2 tsp per gallon Epsom salts will add magnesium(found in pharmacy).

Magnesium deficiency starts on lower leaves and works it's way up. It starts with lightening/yellowing of the leaves with the veins remaining green. As it progresses the leaves will fully yellow and die. If supplementing Mg does not help, it may be a ph problem or an excess of another nutrient preventing Mg uptake, but I would start with supplementing Mg, and if it continues to progress, look into other causes.

Nitrogen deficiency shouldn't appear with the "striped" pattern, but it will start similarly with older growth, light green/yellowing leaves and moving it's way upwards. More of an overall yellowing of the leaves.

Here's an Mg def I had a month ago.
IMG_20150924_125110.jpg

and as it progresses before I realized what it was and supplemented Mg.
IMAG048814.jpg

And here's a progressing Nitrogen deficiency on the same plant today.
IMAG058316.jpg
IMAG058417.jpg

Back
Top Bottom