Defoilage or leave it alone

Savvage61

I have this plant (below) unsure of strain I belive it is a GORILLA GLUE regardless Im gonna guess it is a Sativa hybrid an y way it is flowering it has little buds/pistils from top to bottom I lollipoped it once (im guessing to soon because it all grew back }the stalk/stem is full of small buds with all those leaves attached this is an auto at week 7ish should I defoliate what I can , or am I best to just leave it alone? I LST and topped it the tallest branch is about 36-38 inches. this is a learning issue for me. Ill do things diffrent next time Im just not sure what to expect or if I should do something? the plant is strong and healthy. I just want a bunch milky colored trichomes on a bunch of nice nugs lol
advice is welcome
THX

Resized_20220329_174210 (1).jpg

Resized_20220329_174140001.jpg

In looking at the plant, in my opinion, you’re not going to open up many bud sites, and you’ll be removing the “power source” of the plant. Those long thin buds may fill in more than you think. I personally would not defoliate. Maybe someone has another thought?

I have this plant (below) unsure of strain I belive it is a GORILLA GLUE regardless Im gonna guess it is a Sativa hybrid an y way it is flowering it has little buds/pistils from top to bottom I lollipoped it once (im guessing to soon because it all grew back }the stalk/stem is full of small buds with all those leaves attached this is an auto at week 7ish should I defoliate what I can , or am I best to just leave it alone? I LST and topped it the tallest branch is about 36-38 inches. this is a learning issue for me. Ill do things diffrent next time Im just not sure what to expect or if I should do something? the plant is strong and healthy. I just want a bunch milky colored trichomes on a bunch of nice nugs lol
advice is welcome
THX

Resized_20220329_174210 (1).jpg

Resized_20220329_174140001.jpg
Good morning @Savvage61 hope you are well my friend.
IMO that lady is already short of leaves.
I would not remove anything from her.
She needs them to make big buds.

Stay safe
Bill

[SIZE=16px]Bill284[/SIZE] &Phytoplankton THX GUYS! you saved me from shooting myself in the foot. I never grew this strain before. I have another question for both of you IO was told that when plants flower take off most of the leaves so everything goes straight to the bud .Im beginning to think that might not be the case words like solar panels and the leaves on the stem will help grow bigger buds, would you guys mind schooling me on leaves the pros and cons what do they actual;ly do for the plant and any helpful advice when you get a chance
Thanx

you’re not going to open up many bud sites, and you’ll be removing the “power source” of the plant.
MO that lady is already short of leaves.
I would not remove anything from her.
She needs them to make big buds.
Plus there is a chance that the plant will start to drop some of those leaves as it gets older. When these plants are in the flowering stage they tend to stop producing more fan leaves and concentrate any growth hormones on producing the buds and sugar leaves there.

So, no new fan leaves to replace the ones the plant drops.

... schooling me on leaves the pros and cons what do they actual;ly do for the plant...
Photosynthesis is what makes the 'plant's world go around'. Most of the Photosynthesis takes place in the large fan leaves. It is the process that plants use by absorbing light to make the sugars they need from the carbon dioxide in the air with the water they pull through the roots. Without light the plant will stop growing and slowly die.

The green color in the fan leaves, sugar leaves, the stems and the buds comes from Chlorophyll. With the sugars and the Chlorophyll the plant can use the minerals and nutrients it pulls up with the roots to produce what it needs to grow.

Then there are all the nutrients from the macro to the micro to trace elements. In your free time you can look up these nutrients to find out what they do for the growth of the plant and when the plant needs them the most.

[SIZE=16px]Bill284[/SIZE] &Phytoplankton THX GUYS! you saved me from shooting myself in the foot. I never grew this strain before. I have another question for both of you IO was told that when plants flower take off most of the leaves so everything goes straight to the bud .Im beginning to think that might not be the case words like solar panels and the leaves on the stem will help grow bigger buds, would you guys mind schooling me on leaves the pros and cons what do they actual;ly do for the plant and any helpful advice when you get a chance
Thanx
Plus there is a chance that the plant will start to drop some of those leaves as it gets older. When these plants are in the flowering stage they tend to stop producing more fan leaves and concentrate any growth hormones on producing the buds and sugar leaves there.

Photosynthesis is what makes the 'plant's world go around'. Most of the Photosynthesis takes place in the large fan leaves. It is the process that plants use by absorbing light to make the sugars they need from the carbon dioxide in the air with the water they pull through the roots. Without light the plant will stop growing and slowly die.

The green color in the fan leaves, sugar leaves, the stems and the buds comes from Chlorophyll. With the sugars and the Chlorophyll the plant can use the minerals and nutrients it pulls up with the roots to produce what it needs to grow.

Then there are all the nutrients from the macro to the micro to trace elements. In your free time you can look up these nutrients to find out what they do for the growth of the plant and when the plant needs them the most.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
See above.
Thanks Smoke

Stay safe
Bill

Thanx
Nice little picture for ya….
FD15CF7D-40D1-4DC3-A247-689D5A49E13D.png

you guys are a treasure chest of information . when I water my plants I never water the actual plant just the roots well I add water to the medium. should I be watering my leaves with a spray bottle? Sometime today ill make my signature and show what I am using and doing Im sure ill learn more there also

you guys are a treasure chest of information . when I water my plants I never water the actual plant just the roots well I add water to the medium. should I be watering my leaves with a spray bottle? Sometime today ill make my signature and show what I am using and doing Im sure ill learn more there also
Have you read this thread?
Check it out good stuff.
I sprayed my leaves with kelp water or diluted nutrients for years.
Try not to do it until later on before lights go out.
Just incase.

Stay safe
Bill

I have now awesome read, I have been very rough On watering my plants, I have 3 plants going 2 BB and 1 GG all in 5 gallon bags I have been using about 1/2 gallon plus every day. Like a bull in a china shop pour water in from the Gal jug about 12-16 inches away. one thing I am learning since I started to grow is patience ,
now I need to focus on finess
THX

Kinda like it was what nature intended all along. :) It's like a breath of fresh air to find others that do not believe fan leaves are a mistake of nature and must be removed. I've always thought of them as little solar panels.

I have now awesome read, I have been very rough On watering my plants, I have 3 plants going 2 BB and 1 GG all in 5 gallon bags I have been using about 1/2 gallon plus every day. Like a bull in a china shop pour water in from the Gal jug about 12-16 inches away. one thing I am learning since I started to grow is patience ,
now I need to focus on finess
THX
Make a DIY drip irrigation system like this; it's easy and pretty cheap and you can use it for the next 100 years. All you'll need is a 5 gal bucket, some 1/4" irrigation hose, some T-fittings, and some bulkheads (the white fittings). I water them below the soil surface so there is no splashing onto the leaves, which causes burns from the light and disease. You can use thick wire to hold it down because the little 1/4" hose is very stiff and you have to hold it in place. I made "circles" with a T-connector, maybe 8" in diameter and drilled tiny holes in the bottom about every 2" or so. It's not rocket surgery. You can feed them directly to the roots via this method and your plants respond a lot faster.

DSC_4206.JPG

4.2.22.JPG

Back
Top Bottom