Degenerative Arthritis

lofryhash

High! all,..
My main medical issue is degenerative arthritis. It affects my body in numerous main function areas: hands, neck, back, feet,.. etc.,.. I know that there must be others out there.
As for me,
I have now been vaporizing for about 8 months, (don't ask)... and started smoking cannabis back about late fall last yr. due to having to ingest LARGE quantities of Ibuprophen for degenerative arthritis.

I had quit doing any Cannabis back about ten years ago when I started showing signs of weight gain and diabetes and kidney trouble... I hadn't been around and out enough to know anything of vaporizing products being proffered... And though having read it many times over (of course usually for research of a specific item) my bibliography was limited and the "A Marijuana Botany" by Clark that I have is dog-eared and worn through and stuffed with polaroids and notes... I am thinking of putting it in a ring binder!) I smoked irregularly from the time I was 14... yeah I was an ACID baby too... ~8)

The difference for me in using Cannabis has been dramatic. (eg: I am keying with more control and quicker and WITHOUT PAIN!!! - sorry didn't mean to yell)

Smoking verses vaporizing is another thing:
Smoking tends to have many undesirable effects, being I am now older congestion is more apparent (even with very minimal smoking!), I have a lot more physical 'unease' and due to the quality of the herb I have been able to obtain, some paranoia. And it is usually less lasting.
Vaporizing has been the difference between day and night. That simple. No coughing and wheezing if I get too big of a hit,.. just the some ol' 'try to hold it a bit'. The altered mental state takes on a clarity, and ease of concentration to a project. AND my joints do not remain stiff nor do they 'lock' on me.
And I can go longer and function at daily mundalities that for most folks in the range of 'living in the wilds', logging... working in sub-zero weather...
Try working a chainsaw with hands that will let go at times when you least expect it!

Needless to say I am a prime mover and advocate for legalization in my state and my nation!

I wonder just 'HOW MUCH MONEY' could be saved on a daily basis in medical, law enforcement, crime stats and industrial production ON ALL LEVELS???

But you gotta SAY SOMETHING! you gotta burn up the ears of your reps and congress people Get them Senators EARNING THEIR BUCK!.. Bout damn time somebody started making sense in the cluster*&^$ they call the halls of Democracy!!!:smokin:

oooo dance on that soapbox!!! YEAAAS~!

Ibuprofen in large dosages can be VERY harmful!!!
Especially over a long period of time...

None of these side effects have been associated with cannabis.

What is the most important information I should know about ibuprofen?

This medicine can increase your risk of life-threatening heart or circulation problems, including heart attack or stroke. This risk will increase the longer you use ibuprofen. Do not use this medicine just before or after having heart bypass surgery (also called coronary artery bypass graft, or CABG).

Seek emergency medical help if you have symptoms of heart or circulation problems, such as chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, or problems with vision or balance.

This medicine can also increase your risk of serious effects on the stomach or intestines, including bleeding or perforation (forming of a hole). These conditions can be fatal and gastrointestinal effects can occur without warning at any time while you are taking ibuprofen. Older adults may have an even greater risk of these serious gastrointestinal side effects.

Ibuprofen in large dosages can be VERY harmful!!!
Especially over a long period of time...

None of these side effects have been associated with cannabis.

What is the most important information I should know about ibuprofen?

This medicine can increase your risk of life-threatening heart or circulation problems, including heart attack or stroke. This risk will increase the longer you use ibuprofen. Do not use this medicine just before or after having heart bypass surgery (also called coronary artery bypass graft, or CABG).

Seek emergency medical help if you have symptoms of heart or circulation problems, such as chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, or problems with vision or balance.

This medicine can also increase your risk of serious effects on the stomach or intestines, including bleeding or perforation (forming of a hole). These conditions can be fatal and gastrointestinal effects can occur without warning at any time while you are taking ibuprofen. Older adults may have an even greater risk of these serious gastrointestinal side effects.

It does have devastating effects on a gastrointestial system. Ulcers are not the least common. Also, it like Acetominephen it will mess with the function of the liver - though it has been some time since I last viewed the pharmacoepia the interaction in the liver was such that in some cases people could develop sclerosis (hardening and necrosis of hepatic tissues). That was enough for me!.. But when pain knocks! you better answer so, .. Two at eve were ingested (but I forgot to eat most times... too damn tired)... and my guts paid the price. I have THAT TOO under control now. And I don't constantly ingest half&half to sooth my 'upset stomach'... or crave fats!

innerestin' that...

I have type 2 diabetes and I have noticed that my blood sugar drops when I smoke!!!
For me that's a GOOD thing! I sure beats taking Metaformin and I sleep better at night...

I have type 2 diabetes and I have noticed that my blood sugar drops when I smoke!!!
For me that's a GOOD thing! I sure beats taking Metaformin and I sleep better at night...
Some folks can smoke it without any adverse affect what so ever.
I was never that way, however it was always my one 'vice' of choice!... I smoked cigarettes from the time I was 12 until I quit for good cold turkey when I was 20... (course the herb was never a question).:bongrip:

I suffer from the degenerative arthritis too. For me the smoking doesn't help as much as the edibles for pain relief. But I haven't tried a vaporizer yet.

I too have that in my neck, so I am in constant pain.I make edibles and smoke through pipes and water bongs. I am saving up to get a vapourizer. This works far better than any jar of pills did!!!

Back in the early 80's I grew weed outside in dirt. I grew in an old barn that most of the tin had blown off from the top letting in lots of sun light. Livestock had not been the barn for several years. The ground had been covered for a long time with dried manure. I cut it into the dirt and mixed in a lot of blood meal and bone meal along with other stuff. I grew some monster plants, most were 10 to 14 feet tall. All were from unknown bag seed. My mother was in her late 70's at that time and suffered from arthritis in her hands. Her hand and fingers were all twisted from the disease. She couldn't play the piano anymore because of it. I took the root balls from some of my plants and boiled them for a long time in water. I gave several milk jugs of the tea to my mother and told her to warm the liquid and soak her hands several times a day. I never told her what the stuff was but she did soak her hands every day for several weeks. Her hands and fingers straightened back up and she was able to play the piano again. The problem never returned and she died at the age of 94. I can't say what happened cause this was just a fly by night experiment, it could have been something in the dirt that did the trick but it worked. I gave the same stuff to another old lady with the same problem and it worked for her also.

High! all,..
My main medical issue is degenerative arthritis. It affects my body in numerous main function areas: hands, neck, back, feet,.. etc.,.. I know that there must be others out there.
As for me,
I have now been vaporizing for about 8 months, (don't ask)... and started smoking cannabis back about late fall last yr. due to having to ingest LARGE quantities of Ibuprophen for degenerative arthritis.

I had quit doing any Cannabis back about ten years ago when I started showing signs of weight gain and diabetes and kidney trouble... I hadn't been around and out enough to know anything of vaporizing products being proffered... And though having read it many times over (of course usually for research of a specific item) my bibliography was limited and the "A Marijuana Botany" by Clark that I have is dog-eared and worn through and stuffed with polaroids and notes... I am thinking of putting it in a ring binder!) I smoked irregularly from the time I was 14... yeah I was an ACID baby too... ~8)

The difference for me in using Cannabis has been dramatic. (eg: I am keying with more control and quicker and WITHOUT PAIN!!! - sorry didn't mean to yell)

Smoking verses vaporizing is another thing:
Smoking tends to have many undesirable effects, being I am now older congestion is more apparent (even with very minimal smoking!), I have a lot more physical 'unease' and due to the quality of the herb I have been able to obtain, some paranoia. And it is usually less lasting.
Vaporizing has been the difference between day and night. That simple. No coughing and wheezing if I get too big of a hit,.. just the some ol' 'try to hold it a bit'. The altered mental state takes on a clarity, and ease of concentration to a project. AND my joints do not remain stiff nor do they 'lock' on me.
And I can go longer and function at daily mundalities that for most folks in the range of 'living in the wilds', logging... working in sub-zero weather...
Try working a chainsaw with hands that will let go at times when you least expect it!

Needless to say I am a prime mover and advocate for legalization in my state and my nation!

I wonder just 'HOW MUCH MONEY' could be saved on a daily basis in medical, law enforcement, crime stats and industrial production ON ALL LEVELS???

But you gotta SAY SOMETHING! you gotta burn up the ears of your reps and congress people Get them Senators EARNING THEIR BUCK!.. Bout damn time somebody started making sense in the cluster*&^$ they call the halls of Democracy!!!:smokin:

oooo dance on that soapbox!!! YEAAAS~!

Groovy (an ol hippy expression, ha), I am happy to hear your story. Imho you are right about the NSAIDS and vaporizing (ibuprofen and smoking anything can be dangerous). Glad to hear you are out getting some fresh air and exercise. Being active and standing up for something is good for your spirit too! I wish you could trek to a hot mineral spring (are there any in your area?) and soak 3 or 4 times a week. Regular hot mineral bathing will work wonders for osteoarthritis. If I had DJD I would move close to a hot spring. I plan to move and practice balneology once we retire because just like mmj, the hot mineral baths have wonderful medicinal properties too. Isn't it sad that the medical establishment here in the USA has no interest in two of Mother Nature's natural physical remedies that will most likely help you the most.

NEED HELP IN COLORADO
Hi gang, yes major Osteoporosis resulting replacement hip & few discs, rebuilt shoulder & knee. Basically whole left side trashed.
Severe pain to the point of forced retirement at 45, now at 54 & putting off more surgery. Started toking again last year & it helps vs all the Rx that they tried to kill me with, mo*phine & o*ycotins. seriously wigged me out to a ward for a year.
Okay, not to bitch but i got a major one here. Not had the money (as on SSDI) for lights and a real grow set up. barely keeping my house.
So, i sign up with a local shop & give them my licenses right to use & grow for me. I have not seen or heard from them since. I go there & ask what's up. Now mind you i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed any more from all the pain & Rx. But they tell me they don't have it to give me any, i have to buy it!! Why have them use my licenses to grow pounds of the the stuff under my name & i get squatt.
Really upset @ the way they doing biz. I am way too messed up to try & deal with it & have let it slide. I mean, been in too many psyche wards & surgeries to deal with much & itis not getting better. These people supposed to be my 'Care Givers'. Hell, they just pushers now legal.
No clue what to do, my calls not returned & i've been out for months now. I really hate to go back to Rx as weed really helped.
Didn't really help the pain, but at least mellowed me out not to be obsessive bugged by it & could find stuff to occupy my mind
i live mtns of Colorado. Can hardly drive but to store & back. Been living like a hermit & no help in sight. Really don't want to go back to the hospital or ward from doing something stupid again. But this "care giver' shit don't even call to find out if i'm still alive. i had 2 good plants on the deck thru summer, but that ran out @ Thanksgiving.
Been out of weed or Rx for too damn long. Been a hermit hiding from the public cause i can't deal with much stress. Can't deal with much more pain either.
Something's got to give.

Lofryhash, I also suffer extensive injuries and have found MMJ a blessing I hope all goes well for you and you are able to effect change keep on those politicians and make them earn their money.

OilFieldTrash, that si incredible about boiling the roots +rep!
How long did you boil the roots and was it a rapid boil?

Back in the early 80's I grew weed outside in dirt. I grew in an old barn that most of the tin had blown off from the top letting in lots of sun light. Livestock had not been the barn for several years. The ground had been covered for a long time with dried manure. I cut it into the dirt and mixed in a lot of blood meal and bone meal along with other stuff. I grew some monster plants, most were 10 to 14 feet tall. All were from unknown bag seed. My mother was in her late 70's at that time and suffered from arthritis in her hands. Her hand and fingers were all twisted from the disease. She couldn't play the piano anymore because of it. I took the root balls from some of my plants and boiled them for a long time in water. I gave several milk jugs of the tea to my mother and told her to warm the liquid and soak her hands several times a day. I never told her what the stuff was but she did soak her hands every day for several weeks. Her hands and fingers straightened back up and she was able to play the piano again. The problem never returned and she died at the age of 94. I can't say what happened cause this was just a fly by night experiment, it could have been something in the dirt that did the trick but it worked. I gave the same stuff to another old lady with the same problem and it worked for her also.

dude that is awesome im going to try that with my plant roots and the stalks too, my wife and i both have arthritis in our hands....thanks man

I am in the same boat as the guy who sent his card to the (caregiver?) to grow for him. I have my card but I do not have the expertise to fully grow the 25 plants I am legally able to grow. I have to wait for others and all the paper work too. I would like to find a local person, but the only growers I know do outdoor, which is very limited in Canada. I hope the hydroponic guy I have been hooked up with gets going on my first crop soon. It is the waiting for paperwork and such that has stopped things from going forward. My grower can not legally charge me for the plants but he can ask for expenses to be covered. My other options are to buy the crap the government puts out or buy from a compassion club. Some of my friends have given me pot and butter. Those are great friends!

I am in the same boat as the guy who sent his card to the (caregiver?) to grow for him. I have my card but I do not have the expertise to fully grow the 25 plants I am legally able to grow. I have to wait for others and all the paper work too. I would like to find a local person, but the only growers I know do outdoor, which is very limited in Canada. I hope the hydroponic guy I have been hooked up with gets going on my first crop soon. It is the waiting for paperwork and such that has stopped things from going forward. My grower can not legally charge me for the plants but he can ask for expenses to be covered. My other options are to buy the crap the government puts out or buy from a compassion club. Some of my friends have given me pot and butter. Those are great friends!

To grow 25 plants you must start slow.
Try two, or six? Partial supply is a good thing, and you learn.
Hydroponics is like painting by numbers:
You don't have to understand everything to be looking good. ;)

michaelkaer, my friend I wish I lived near you, but with the internet we, and all 420 members are neighbors who are just a click away. Let us help you grow a plant or two, you don't need much other than seed, soil, water, and sunlight. Let us know.

propa Gator, you always put the best light on every situation +rep.

michaelkaer, my friend I wish I lived near you, but with the internet we, and all 420 members are neighbors who are just a click away. Let us help you grow a plant or two, you don't need much other than seed, soil, water, and sunlight. Let us know.

propa Gator, you always put the best light on every situation +rep.

I think it's a good idea... start with a small grow and work your way up.

Back
Top Bottom