Medical Mariijuana At Last

OlderStoner

Took my first toke in late summer of 1975. Been doing it off and on in hiding ever since. I will still have to be discrete with it but finally, finally, I have applied for and received my medicinal cannabis card and made my first legal cannabis purchase in the USA. Okay, so I can fill in lots of details here about the process, but I don't want to spoil it for everyone. Let's just say that it was everything and nothing of what I expected the process to be.

About 1 week later I got an email confirming my application and then went to the dispensary to purchase my cannabis oil. No buds are available in this state for the moment but a recent court ruling is making this change very quickly. Again, I leave the details up to the readers (see recent issues of High Times). I for one prefer fresh buds but since none were available I selected four vapor cartridges, thanked the very professional sales clerk and went on my way. My purchase included two different strengths. This place does not sell by strain and made that very clear. So the choices were 1-4 with the higher the number the more THC. Knowing my style or stoning, I splurged on 3 of the #4's and one #3. When I got home I made sure I was alone and in a private place, grabbed a #4 and went out onto the patio. Being it was a vapor device, no matches or lighter was needed. The clerk told me that a normal dose of cannabis for someone like me would be an inhale of about 2-3 seconds. I'll admit I may have pushed it, but I know if the inhale I took lasted 3 seconds it was only 2.99 seconds. I have not taken a toke in almost 3 months and I often notice cannabis affects are much stronger for me when I have abstained for a wile. And then it it me....very, very strong head rush. The kind a true stoner enjoys as long as your sitting comfortably in a private setting. Honestly, for about 60 seconds I would have had trouble carrying on a conversation, let alone walking. No, this was one of the times when one only needs to sit back and quietly enjoy the rush. And did I say it was intense? It was very intense. About 3 minutes later I was clear enough to walk to my glass of water. Don't forget to hydrate when you're vaping, that's important. The buzz lasted several hours and I slept very well that night. I can't swear to it but my arthritis seemed to be somewhat subdued. Oh well, this is where the medicinal part comes into play. Personally, I think cannabis does have some real holistic affects on some health issues. But I'm not a scientific, non-biased source for that kind of information.

What I noticed is that by taking only 1-2 tokes each night shortly before hitting the hay, I felt much relaxation and some noticeable relief and improved flexibility in my wrist and ankle joints and I slept well each night. Could have also been related to the fact that for the first time in my stoner life that I was actually free to make this personal choice on my own without interference from LE, stubborn in-laws of the Southern Baptist genre, etc...I was finally free to just take a toke, sit back and enjoy it.

Can I get an amen people?

Back
Top Bottom