Deputy Drug Czar Will Blast Marijuana Ballot Issue In Grand Rapids

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The U.S. deputy drug czar will be in Grand Rapids Monday to campaign against an initiative on the state's Nov. 4 ballot that would legalize marijuana use for serious medical conditions such as cancer and glaucoma.

Scott Burns, named by President Bush to head the nation's drug control office in 2007, will speak at a 1:30 p.m. press conference at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. He will be joined by state Court of Appeals Judge Schuette and members of the Michigan Sheriffs' Association.

The poll has strong support in recent polls. A late September poll commissioned by the Detroit Free Press and Local 4 TV station showed 66 percent of likely voters favored the proposal with 25 percent opposed and 9 percent undecided.

In previous appearances to campaign against medical marijuana proposals in other states, Burns has argued that legalizing the drug sends the wrong message to kids and that characterizing it as medicine downplays he potentially harmful effects.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: mlive.com
Copyright: 2008 The Grand Rapids Press
Website: Deputy drug czar will blast marijuana ballot issue in Grand Rapids stop Monday

I must be mistaken

I thought the ONDCP were prohibited from spending Federal dollars to compaign in local elections. I thought they were cited for doing this about 2 years ago.

Maybe my bad memory

Back
Top Bottom