Dhrone's first grow - 600w hps

got the box up and running. i only put 2 plants in there as i am not 100% confident about the temps. i rigged a ceramic heat lamp to a 7 to 6" reducer then fastened it to the 6" duct fan. it isnt really blow air that is raising the temperature it is just keeping the air that is coming in from the attic from being too cold. the air that is blowing in is about 10-20 degrees warmer than the attic. the box is about 20-30 degrees warmer than the attic.

we also germed 1 of each of these: gigabud, skunk #1, and la woman.

i think we are going to start them in a closet that the temperature can be more closely monitered then move them to the attic box. eventually we are going to need a separate spot for vegging/clones.

here are some pics of the box post mylar. we are working to seal it up 100%

IMG000792.jpg

heat lamp in fan. it sucks through the holes that are next to the socket
IMG000803.jpg

600 watt HPS !!!!!!!!! :adore::tommy::headbanger::goof::rocker::trance::smokin:
IMG000821.jpg

i bought a 65w 4200 lumen cfl worklight for the seedling closet. i am thinking the wire shelves impede on the light a bit but it might not effect anything. we need to figure something out for the long term soon for vegging because i will probably start flowering soon. there are 13 going right now and we arent going to start any more. planning on cloning from here on out depending on which ones are the best. i am only working with a 4x4 area so space is def an issue. we might end up tossing some of the bagseeds if we need to. depending on how many are female.

update time:

CIMG0811.JPG

CIMG0815_2_.JPG

CIMG0816.JPG

CIMG0817.JPG

CIMG08231.JPG

CIMG0828.JPG

CIMG08301.JPG

I thought about using that same space, but how'd you get electricity up there? I can't find a way to hide sneaking an extension cord up to the garage attic space. There is an installed lightswitch and wire running to the lights, and it's pretty darn thick, so I guess an electrician could help but that doesn't seem smart.

I thought about using that same space, but how'd you get electricity up there? I can't find a way to hide sneaking an extension cord up to the garage attic space. There is an installed lightswitch and wire running to the lights, and it's pretty darn thick, so I guess an electrician could help but that doesn't seem smart.

luckily the electrical panel is in the garage so i ran a new circuit into the panel. i fished a 12/2 romex up and wired it to a double outlet box and it is on a 20a breaker. we might end up tieing into another circuit but i think 20a is good for what we got now. if you dont have someone walking you through it step by step then i wouldnt recommend trying it. i am a general contractor so i know a little about a lot and electric work falls into the category.

nice job. I sure need those skills. Plus some more to make a nice little closet...Those are daunting tasks for a guy who knows nothing about home construction, and doesn't seem to have an aptitude for it! Funny, the gardening seems much more doable...

update bitches:

started tieing 2 of these guys down. also started on the first week of big bloom. we are going to start grow big this week. tonight marks the 3 week anniversary of the 4 in the 3 gallon pots with lights on it. (post germ) i need to get some better pics of the 4 but i think that 2 of them are getting burned a little under the metal halide. the reflector on this thing is horrible for growing as it is a flood light that i got for free. it has very limited coverage but that might have been a good thing because the 2 in the back arent getting directly hit and they look better. i raised it up to 14" or so above the plant tops and it was about 8". it has been getting a little toasty in there the last week (getting in the high 80s once and mid lower 80s another time) but we got the inline fan going and now it is a little too cool. its a little aggravating because as soon as we get the temp right in the attic it will be time to flower. we were talking about running the light at night because of the cooler temps offsetting the heat of the light. and the reflector is aircooled so we will have some options.

i am rambling.

i am high.

pictures.

IMG000112.jpg

IMG000121.jpg

IMG000131.jpg

this is turning into the stealth closet veg area.

IMG000153.jpg

IMG000163.jpg

Back
Top Bottom